Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Simple, yet effective bow buff.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Default Simple, yet effective bow buff.

Alright, to cut it out simple.

Flameshot
Poison Arrow

Great skills, however slow and painful.

The idea, make a skill or two that boosts the rate at which the skills work maxing out at something like 1/4 or 1/2 the time to run each flameshot or poison arrow out.

Last edited by Jadakris; 06-06-2011 at 10:05 AM..

Old 06-05-2011, 05:45 AM   #2
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

bump.. no comments? DoT gems got buffed, why not this aswell?

Old 06-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
figgy
Boss Hunter

BM's got nerfed why not everyone else?

Old 06-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
Rebelraven

how'd bms get nerfed? and i like it jada

Old 06-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
figgy
Boss Hunter

Are you serious?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Difference between BM and bow users is that BM were actually overpowered. Not saying bow users suck, but they lack end-game skills.. and this would be a simple one that doesn't change much PvP/PvE mechanics.. Yet making some of their useless skills somewhat more effective.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
figgy
Boss Hunter

I will not get into how BM's healing was deemed to be a bit OP, so Glitchless nerfed everything about them, even those skills not associated with healing.... they went too far

I will not even get into why Glitchless felt that a buff to DOT's was needed when the casters class were already the strongest... this just gave the strongest class another weapon... again they went too far

What I want to know is why you think that a buff in DOT's ( a mistake for sure ) would warrant a buff to only the archer class? What exactly makes the archer deserving of this buff to the extent of all others? This is the point I tried ( and failed ) to make above.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Because the skills are next to useless atm, in PvP and PvE.
They still would be nearly useless, but if you increase the speed of the damage.. You might actually get to see more than 100-200 damage done by these skills in a single fight.. (and that's a rather long fight.

I feel this way mostly because of the new DoT runes that were implamented. As you said yourself, why give one of the strongest class types a buff... and not buff a weapon type which is clearly under-par atm?

And quite frankly the archer class isn't all I would suggest this to, I would suggest it for slashers aswell.

However, you trolling for a BM buff for their bleeds ,which already gets mixed with the slice skill anyhow.. so what are YOU getting at exactly.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

quiet simply no. there is nothing wrong with bow users as is, this skill isnt needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
thatperson
Epic Scholar

agreed with smashy no archery is fine no more buffs

@rebel figgy is just butthurt that he switched to the OP class att and then it got balanced out and he never got over it
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Last edited by thatperson; 06-06-2011 at 05:47 PM..

Old 06-07-2011, 04:53 AM   #11
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Since I get bashed by the butthurt, I'm going to have to ask you to explain why they don't need this skill!!

I mean, heh do any of you even have a bowuser to judge from? Or even know one who is active for that matter? Maybe Coc is one, i forget.. Would help end-game bow users a very little bit imo

Old 06-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #12
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

i have a bow user that im leveling atm.

they dont need this skill at all. there is nothing wrong with bow users as is. yes people cry and complain and say archers suck, those same people rerolled into casters, cause you know, casters have it sooooooooo easy, and then cry and complained cause casting was sooo hard.

basically, those crying the loudest about it, are the 1s that are crying about everything they do as they want it easier.

yes archers will be beaten by some weapon types, much like casters against shield users, its the way it works.

and yes, if you fight people with more exp, then there is a good chance, they are going to beat you, no matter how OP you are.

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
Raith
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakris View Post
Because the skills are next to useless atm, in PvP and PvE.
lol @ this, because it is false. I just does not fit the way most archers prefer to build, that is all. That hardly makes it useless, just underused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson View Post
figgy is just butthurt that he switched to the OP class
LOL figgy has been BMing for a while

Old 06-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #14
thatperson
Epic Scholar

BMs were OP when the cap was 70 your point is moot
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #15
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

No the skills are almost next to useless unless your farming +10 mobs, otherwise the 10-20 ticks that MIGHT roll by in a single normal battle will equal a tops 200 damage.

200 damage when your drilling 500-800 per shot is nothing, and the amount of time it takes is simply absurd. Everyone else is acting like this would throw off the balance of the game completely.

But as you'll see Smash, bows have next to no trouble at all until you surpass level 70.. But they don't truly gain any skills that give them a battle advantage that is worth of anything.. The only other weapon type that gets screwed as bad as bow users is slashers really..

Old 06-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

once again, i would like to point out 1h pierce users in your "getting screwed" part.

the DoT effectcs of Bow users, is the same as melee using DoT gems, or even a bow user using DoTs as a supplement.

yes it sucks that the entire gem wont do full damage, but still that small amount of damage, can add up.

each tick is now a universal 1.5 seconds. therefore in the average fight of a capped toon, im gonna say 30 seconds, you will have 20 ticks.

even if you are only doing 20 per tick, thats still 400 extra damage.

everyone claims that bow users kill slower, with some saying they take like 1.5min in n lake. at that speed, thats 60 ticks, which at 20 per tick, is still 1200 extra damage.

my DoT gems alone, can get over 100 per tick per fight in 40 seconds, which adds ALOT of damage. and a Bow user can do the same, and even have DoT gems based on the 2 procs you already have, which would then increase them.

the ONLY thing that i would ever support, would be an added bit to rupture, maybe small like outbreak at about 2%, for ANYONE using DoT gems to rupture, that way everyone gets the bonus, but even then i dunno, i think personally it would be too OP.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-10-2011, 01:30 AM   #17
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Could always add two new epic gem sets.

They could do the more ranged damage like the broadhead (which won't stack) and then one can do a flash burn for flameshot and the other could do a poisonbolt for poison arrow.

They would have the same mana/energy costs as well. Though would only need rank 1s of the other two to get the insta-damage but would cost 10-20 extra mana/energy for one or both gems on top of the one used for more ranged damage. This would cause you to have to transfer stats to mst and pst and figure out the right balance.

Just a thought,
Beet Da Brat

Old 06-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #18
paultwloha
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetdabrat View Post
Could always add two new epic gem sets.

They could do the more ranged damage like the broadhead (which won't stack) and then one can do a flash burn for flameshot and the other could do a poisonbolt for poison arrow.

They would have the same mana/energy costs as well. Though would only need rank 1s of the other two to get the insta-damage but would cost 10-20 extra mana/energy for one or both gems on top of the one used for more ranged damage. This would cause you to have to transfer stats to mst and pst and figure out the right balance.

Just a thought,
Beet Da Brat
I like this. Gives lower levels a chance to use full effect of the gem also.

Quote:
Much like unicorns, gems are magical.
Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #19
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Would also take up three gem slots and would make you have to choose between other auras and these. At least which to start battle with and which to draw randomly. But would most likely be used as farming auras and different ones would be used for pvp.

Beet Da Brat

Last edited by beetdabrat; 06-10-2011 at 02:55 AM..

Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #20
zoidberginc
Seer's BFF

im a level 78 archer with 88 bowset and i get like 45 second kills in WC, all my skills are about 75, so as far as i care, archers are fine in pve (88 bow isnt that overskilled if you thnik about it)...in pvp, well they have their ups and downs but im on the other side of this compared to you guys, and im not complaining.

when i get to nlake, well that might change everything, but we wont know til i get there!

Dont mess with the Zoid, im surprisngly not that bad!