Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Self Clensing
Old 04-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
paultwloha
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Self Clensing

I like the idea of this. But I feel like there should be a downside so it isn't a nerf toward enchanters. If you use it make it so you can't gem shatter or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Much like unicorns, gems are magical.
Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
figgy
Boss Hunter

Not just enchanters but tanks as well

I like the idea as is. It should make the arena much more interesting

Old 04-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Dennisthemenace
Boss Hunter

I like the idea. Would like to see the self cleansing skill be a renamed social skill instead of the current language or recognition skill.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

For everyone, so it is just fine, crushers/staves/whippers/epic procs/etc.

On another note... i personally dont own an enchanter but i can guess they need some kind of "help" boosting a tiny bit their bonus would be nice.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

I would agree with San, but it's hard to give them a bonus any higher since it's pretty much strictly a secondary class.. So like the 2% Bonus at 100 skill, would turn into the true 3~ if you give them a 5% bonus..

Altho it surely would push the class to be more than a secondary class, considering next to noone has actually tried a grey gem build out.. or a support caster type I should say.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

Perhaps a boost in the damage shields gems could do the trick.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

I agree w/ paul...there needz to be something else so it is just not a direct nerf to enchanter CA

Old 04-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
thatperson
Epic Scholar

um its a direct nerf to the enchanter CA that is the reason for implementation sorry rogue youll have to change your secondary class to something useful to you instead of just using an OP CA
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

i love the idea (since i was complaining about it in a dif thread awhile back)

everyone is mentioning the enchanter CA, but no one has bothered to point out that it will hurt crush users more, due to them having the stun effect and all.

will also be a nerf of types to some weapons, like the 99 1h crush with the daze proc, and the 42 1h pierce, the 69 staff with mes, etc etc.

but as it is similiar to teh gem shatter skill, meaning at skill 100 its only usable every 2min or so, it shouldnt effect them that much.

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

WELL TP!!!!!

I am like only person in game that ACTUALLY DOES USE ENCHANTER AS 2ND CLASS!!!

for highend bosses instead of DPS...which my 2her is uber at btw..... i usually play healer b/c there are not enough good healers in thais game and they are hard to find....ANGELIC AURA

and ...

w/ lack of mirrors now... who is the deadliest enemy u can face?... most votes prolly go to DD'ers......so a bonus to RESISTANCE AURAS is a must....

like i said... i actually enjoy my 2nd regardless of its' CA... yes... i think its CA is very useful in arena...BUT/AND.... I think something SHOULD be done... but if a change is made.... it should be a balanced change... the CA is crazy useful b/c to most, the class bonuses are not great, TBH IMO... grey gems, sux... in all honesty.... your better off using heals than dmg barrier gems. So I would like to see an implementation that does not set this class back down the ranks to a least favorite/used class as was b4 CA's were implemented....

1 possible solution....instead of this self cleanse, perhaps just cut 2dry CA's by 2/3x (SS level).... a 3 1/3 stun and 6 2/3 mes is not so bad....and thats at level 100 SS.... would give more weight to SS aswell...

Old 04-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros View Post

but as it is similiar to teh gem shatter skill, meaning at skill 100 its only usable every 2min or so, it shouldnt effect them that much.
Glitch said possible 2 times right after eachother w/ a 'indefinite during battle' off switch.....

Old 04-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #12
Power

i say get rid of all secondary class abilities all together. then there would be no need for this. very few people would pick enchanter just for the class ability as first class.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTigeR View Post
Glitch said possible 2 times right after eachother w/ a 'indefinite during battle' off switch.....
but unable to do it again for either a very long time or the rest of the fight.

personally, if im against a decent toon, that is defensive and not offensive, the fight is gonna last 5min+, im not gonna use it twice fast, and not be able to use it again if i had it at 100.

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Rofl so it's ok to say "omg enchanters r op in arena nerf them" because it affects the top 30 players, but saying "the angel ability is op in arena, please change the cooldown" makes you an idiot when it affects the bottom 80% of players

Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #15
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

actually... ur right hotshot... angel CA ISSSS OP... everyone bitches about enchanter CA....but IT is not the one that needz to be nerfed......yes.... it IS a EASY way to get ahead... but has anyone checked the score boards???....1st team.... enchanter no/angel yes... 2nd team... enchanter no/angel yes...

Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #16
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Targetting people that have an ability that is based on mez/stun/daze effects ALONE is not right. If this is going to carried out, people that have an ability with a mez/stun/daze component should receive a compensatory beneficial change to their ability.

I don't know what else to say. It seems like everyone is whining about the enchanter ability so something is going to be done even if some people get screwed over in the process.

Last edited by Conqueror; 04-23-2011 at 10:13 PM..

Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #17
Palehorserider
Rat Slayer

I have 2 concerns:

1. It becomes a nerf to the 99 epic 1H crushers that have already been nerfted.

2. In a clan war it is already to hard to reach the point were you actually get a caster taunted. To give a caster another way to escape I am opposed to.

If this change is made as listed please also allow melee fighters with a 99 weapon or LG weapon to start with a gem in their first slot so a recast-able taunt may be used at the start.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #18
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

This is a nerf to too many people. Crushers especially , and epic proc's

Old 04-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #19
devilsetai
Boss Hunter

I think the point behind it is because Glitch said that choosing a specific secondary for arena was a fail choice. However, if you look at the tops list you'll see that the majority of the teams have an enchanter. It's because of their CA, being mezzed for god knows how long while your team gets nuked to pieces is a significant problem that can't be efficiently minimized, unlike other things. like stuns.

Also it's an instant cast type thing I'm assuming. So it only really hurts ca's with a long duration, like DK's for instance. If it whipes the disease cloud that's 2k hp's worth of damage gone. but with weapon procs they tend to happen so fast that you cleanse and bang, you're stunned/dazed/messed again...

"And shepherds we shall be,
for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

You feel that sting, big boy, huh? That's pride F****N' with you! You gotta fight through that s**t!

Old 04-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #20
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsetai View Post
I think the point behind it is because Glitch said that choosing a specific secondary for arena was a fail choice. However, if you look at the tops list you'll see that the majority of the teams have an enchanter. It's because of their CA, being mezzed for god knows how long while your team gets nuked to pieces is a significant problem that can't be efficiently minimized, unlike other things. like stuns.

Also it's an instant cast type thing I'm assuming. So it only really hurts ca's with a long duration, like DK's for instance. If it whipes the disease cloud that's 2k hp's worth of damage gone. but with weapon procs they tend to happen so fast that you cleanse and bang, you're stunned/dazed/messed again...
wont effect that.

glitch said:

Quote:
The current plan is to have a skill that will allow players to remove all stun/mes/daze/taunt effects on them

Quote:

Quote:
Quote: