Compensation
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
hotshot64
Epic Scholar
 
hotshot64's Avatar
 
hotshot64 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,070
Default Compensation

I love the 3x exp idea, but a lot of us, including me, can't be on at all during the weekend. I humbly propose that it be an item that can be activated for 24 hours for 3x exp that day (up until server reset of course).
__________________
https://nodtools.net
Your comprehensive source for Nodiatis calculators and information.



 

Old 11-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Traitortwoface
Crab Defiler
 
Traitortwoface is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Default

"Essentially players did not lose anything except about 18 hours of account status time if they had premium or standard subscriptions since downtime lasted under 42 hours and the entire day that the server was down did not countdown any account time." Glitchless

I am not whining here, just correcting this statement. I lost over 75 trophies (I think the exact number was 86) but I cant remember.

My outage lasted over a roll over. I was not able to access Nod......... then able to... and finally was locked out for good.

Is this different than other people's experience?

If so, is it possible that different parts of the world were affected differently?
 

Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Caelestus
Neophyte
 
Caelestus's Avatar
 
Caelestus is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6
Default

Well at least most of you at this point are able to log on...Unlike myself where the only time I play nod is while at work monday through friday for 8 hours a day lol...and Im guessing due to the fact that Im using my work desktop and work network I cant log in, nor change the DNS manually to do so. Another tc wasted on premium down the drain >.<
__________________
.:Perfection is Perception:.

 

Old 11-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Smashbros
Epic Scholar
 
Smashbros's Avatar
 
Smashbros is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitortwoface View Post
"Essentially players did not lose anything except about 18 hours of account status time if they had premium or standard subscriptions since downtime lasted under 42 hours and the entire day that the server was down did not countdown any account time." Glitchless

I am not whining here, just correcting this statement. I lost over 75 trophies (I think the exact number was 86) but I cant remember.

My outage lasted over a roll over. I was not able to access Nod......... then able to... and finally was locked out for good.

Is this different than other people's experience?

If so, is it possible that different parts of the world were affected differently?
the crash happened as the game was going to reset.

which means its your fault you lost the trophies.

for the entire time the game was down, 42 hours, 24 hours of that was not counted as time for nod. essentially nod did not exist for that time frame.

it was stopped so those with a paid status would be able to keep that time instead of it running out without them able to pay.

everyone was effected the same. BUT one it was back up and running, and they were waiting on new DNS **** (im not technical) some people were and still are unable to log in. you need to wait for that to be updated. try restarting your comp though. it is meant to help. or flushing your dns.
__________________




Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.
 

Old 11-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
Traitortwoface
Crab Defiler
 
Traitortwoface is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Default

Smash

I am not sure that you read my post. I had 2 lock-outs. I can assure you that neither were my fault.
 

Old 11-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
Smashbros
Epic Scholar
 
Smashbros's Avatar
 
Smashbros is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitortwoface View Post
Smash

I am not sure that you read my post. I had 2 lock-outs. I can assure you that neither were my fault.
the loss of your trophies though WAS you fault.
__________________




Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.
 

Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
Migleyy
Seer's BFF
 
Migleyy's Avatar
 
Migleyy is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros View Post
the loss of your trophies though WAS you fault.

^ well said
 

Old 11-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
Traitortwoface
Crab Defiler
 
Traitortwoface is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Default

Actually, poorly said.

You do not know which rollover I was claiming to lose trophies on.

1. To expect somebody to be sitting in front of the game waiting for it to come back on line is at best ill-considered. I know that you may find this hard to believe but some people actually have jobs and real life obligations.

2. Other people actually sleep (seriously) and may have missed the 6 hour window that remained on the second day due to their world location or for other reasons.

3. Other people were not able to log back in as you stated due to DNS problems.

4 Still other people may have had a combination of problems that led to them missing a window of opportunity to sacrifice trophies.

5. Many people are simply unable to log in the last 6 hours of a Nod day.

None of these reasons are the "fault" of the NOD player.

Please fact check before jumping on the uniformed/un-thought out band wagon.
 

Old 11-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
Smashbros
Epic Scholar
 
Smashbros's Avatar
 
Smashbros is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitortwoface View Post
Actually, poorly said.

You do not know which rollover I was claiming to lose trophies on.

1. To expect somebody to be sitting in front of the game waiting for it to come back on line is at best ill-considered. I know that you may find this hard to believe but some people actually have jobs and real life obligations.

2. Other people actually sleep (seriously) and may have missed the 6 hour window that remained on the second day due to their world location or for other reasons.

3. Other people were not able to log back in as you stated due to DNS problems.

4 Still other people may have had a combination of problems that led to them missing a window of opportunity to sacrifice trophies.

5. Many people are simply unable to log in the last 6 hours of a Nod day.

None of these reasons are the "fault" of the NOD player.

Please fact check before jumping on the uniformed/un-thought out band wagon.
i was 1 of those that were unable to relog after the 2nd window, but i know that it didnt kick people. you had to willingly leave and then come back. which means it WAS your fault.
__________________




Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.
 

Old 11-07-2010, 02:10 AM   #10
Traitortwoface
Crab Defiler
 
Traitortwoface is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Default

Again you are wrong my friend.

I was locked out before the rest of you. I have already stated that I was locked out twice. Are you having trouble reading? Maybe a trip to the ophthalmologist is in order?

Possibly my being locked out was due to some nod problem? Maybe not?

This is not, and never has been at issue. What has been at issue is the question of fault. If I am booted from Nod for any reason, (not including Nod rules violations) it is not my fault.

I know that you are having trouble with this word, so I will help you with a definition from Thefreedictionary.com:

fault: Responsibility for a mistake or an offense; culpability. See Synonyms at blame.

If you still cannot understand the meaning of the word fault, I hope you are able to derive some meaning from the words of Robert Downy Jr. as spoken in the movie TROPIC THUNDER.

"Never go full tard"
 

Old 11-07-2010, 04:58 AM   #11
Smashbros
Epic Scholar
 
Smashbros's Avatar
 
Smashbros is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitortwoface View Post
Again you are wrong my friend.

I was locked out before the rest of you. I have already stated that I was locked out twice. Are you having trouble reading? Maybe a trip to the ophthalmologist is in order?

Possibly my being locked out was due to some nod problem? Maybe not?

This is not, and never has been at issue. What has been at issue is the question of fault. If I am booted from Nod for any reason, (not including Nod rules violations) it is not my fault.

I know that you are having trouble with this word, so I will help you with a definition from Thefreedictionary.com:

fault: Responsibility for a mistake or an offense; culpability. See Synonyms at blame.

If you still cannot understand the meaning of the word fault, I hope you are able to derive some meaning from the words of Robert Downy Jr. as spoken in the movie TROPIC THUNDER.

"Never go full tard"
most people were locked out twice ****wit. not just you. i have said as much in my posts.

LEARN TO READ.

and yes, you not using your trophies is your fault.
__________________




Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.
 

Old 11-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #12
Traitortwoface
Crab Defiler
 
Traitortwoface is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Default

I see... I am sorry

I did not realize that you are "special"

I will make it more clear for you.

I was locked out approx 6 hours before reset. At approx. 4 hours before roll over I was able to log on for about 30 seconds and was locked out again. This was long before you stated in an earlier post the the lockout happened.

I know that you are not only all-seeing, and are also apparently infallible. The one thing you are not is omni-present.

You did not experience everybody's lockout so quit acting like you did.

My first post was merely to show the ridiculousness of Glitch's post stating that nobody lost anything. I have no idea what the point of any of your posts is.

Are you some self-appointed guardian of all Nodiatian wisdom?
Or are you appointed by Nod to act like an idiot to so that people will go away without their point being heard?

OK...... answer this oh wise one. *makes offering of dead animals in the prone position*

If someone was at full or near full RRT when this incident happened..... Did they lose anything?

*backs away bowing repeatedly and waits for an answer*
 

Old 11-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
Migleyy
Seer's BFF
 
Migleyy's Avatar
 
Migleyy is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 639
Default

Traitor plz explain how it wasn't your fault u didnt use your trophies?
 

Old 11-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #14
Vellorya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Migleyy, if your bank collapsed tomorrow and you lost all of your life's savings, would it be your fault you didn't withdraw everything today? If there was no advance warning, and everything was going normally up until that point?

Okay, conspiracy theorists and distrust of the unstable economy worldwide aside, this would be a good analogy.

As far as I know, this sort of outage for Nod is extremely rare, so it is not entirely reasonable to expect disaster and plan for the worst. On their side, perhaps having a contingency plan would have been better, and maybe they will take steps to avoid or shorten a repeat.

The AH is frequently full of trophies up to just before reset; which means people use them at the last minute, unless some people just don't care about the decay loss.

I don't know if you guys are playing blame-the-victim just because you have a personal grudge or because you have a lack of empathy. I guess something as wonderfully constructive as "QQ more noob" wasn't applicable because Traitor seems to have a cap level character.

So give him a break. I don't dispute the fact that he may have lost a fair bit of trophs/effort/time, and that there are likely many others that did as well. These people may not have cared enough to post, or they don't feel they need to complain because they are happy with how it was resolved. Six hours before reset is a very reasonable amount of time for anyone to expect being able to use or sell their trophies before decay, IF the service was uninterrupted and went normally. Not everyone's experience was equal; people live in different time zones, DNS propagated slower for some people, some people have limited access time, and so on and so forth.

That said, the compensation given seems generous enough, and fair considering that even those that don't play as often can find some time to take advantage of it.

Compensation wasn't required, but it is certainly good customer service--I bought 25 TCs that day or the day before and was wondering for two days if I just blew $125 only to be (potentially) rolled back. I "lost" an acknowledged 54 hrs total of paid account time across three characters because of the outage. OH WELL. Traitor, I think you can move on too. This dead horse has been beaten enough, I think... plus you have the 10% exp bonus to capitalize on.
 

Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #15
Smashbros
Epic Scholar
 
Smashbros's Avatar
 
Smashbros is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitortwoface View Post
If someone was at full or near full RRT when this incident happened..... Did they lose anything?
nothing they wouldnt of lost anyways.

the game was frozen for 24 hours, which not only stopped people gaining 2 days of rrt, and possibly going over, but also stopped paid status for ticking over for 24 hours.

my whole point is. YOU can not sit here and say that you lost trophies cause of the crash, as it was not the crashes fault you lost trophies, but your own.

and if nod had of crashed 6 hours before the main crash for you, you would of reported it, since you didnt, it therefore did not happen as no one else experienced the same thing. and if in some small remote chance it DID happen, then it would of been YOUR hardwares fault, as the game didnt crash and die till the time of the server reset.
__________________




Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.
 

Old 11-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #16
tsx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

... i understand both sides. it's unfortunately one of those bad luck deals it sounds like.

But if you are saying that you were locked out of nod for a total of 72 hours, then i dunno what to tell you. it has happened to me, but not for 24 hours.. usually it's somehting with one of the repeaters to the nod server though i think... since other ppl i know have no problem accessing nod.

Either way. I doubt anything iwll be done at this point. So people are getting all worked up over nothing or just to prove a point. up to you i guess... i have better things to exert my energy over.
 

Old 11-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #17
Traitortwoface
Crab Defiler
 
Traitortwoface is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Default

Smash

You really are amazing. Why do you insist on believing something as moronic as to know how I would behave in this or any other situation. I do actually have a job... and a life. I know that this may actually be a deal breaker in the understanding department for you.

If I was actually worried about the trophy loss I probably would have reported it. Quit looking at me all slack-jawed with disbelief. While I know that nothing can penetrate your skull while you are chanting this mantra of yours. I will give you another chant that may give you some solace if not understanding

Repeat the following sentence out loud .... slowly at first ....and then at a faster and faster pace until the light of wisdom touches you.

" I'm sofa king wee todd id"

Now you finally know the truth. You are welcome.

Vellorya

Thank you for stating the obvious. At least obvious to any reasonable thinking person that is.

Yes .. I am done with this conversation
 

Old 11-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #18
Dumpsterslut
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Dumpsterslut's Avatar
 
Dumpsterslut is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitortwoface View Post
Smash

Repeat the following sentence out loud .... slowly at first ....and then at a faster and faster pace until the light of wisdom touches you.

" I'm sofa king wee todd id"

Now you finally know the truth. You are welcome.
This is highly insulting and should result in a forum ban.
__________________
Go ahead and troll me, I'm all F5's.


<-----epic lolz
 
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM
Boards live since 05-21-2008


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.