Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Combination Enchant Stones?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Default Combination Enchant Stones?

So I was thinking the other day(don't worry, I didn't hurt myself), why do a bunch of items have more than 18 stats, if the highest enchanting stone that can possibly be made is +36? Why isn't there a way to get full use out of enchanting stones?

After a quick scan through the armor listings, the most stats on a single item that I counted was 36 on a 97 breastplate...so that can "technically" take a +72 stone :O So we're only 1/2 way there :\

I did a little brainstorming, and thought, well, perhaps if there was a way to combine enchanting stones, it would be possible to make them larger? I came up w/a couple ideas/guidelines that would be put in effect, so as to not make it really exploitable, or cheap to make high stones(by combining 72 +1s for example).

***So the idea, is to create "Combined Enchanting Stones." You can use that name for simplicity, or create something that sounds cooler if you like, doesn't matter to me. How they would work:

You can only combine stones ONE time. Meaning putting 2 stones(top left and top right) of enchanting rod, and hitting submit. Once they are combined, they will take a different name, as above, "Combined Enchanting Stone." That would prevent multiple combinations to form higher level stones cheaply with low level resources. Energy and Mana requirements would be equivalent to the requirements for the HIGHER of the 2 stones, perhaps it must be placed in the top left corner, and the lesser or equal lvl stone be placed in the top right. So in effect with combining, the same mana/energy/enchanting/naturalist/invention rune requirements would allow for double the stats on stones. These "Combined Stones" would act just like a normal stones, and can be placed on any armor piece that can hold that # of stats, following the current basex2 rule. Now, lots of pros and cons, here's some off the top of my head:

Pros:
-This would allow for more easily made varieties of stones for sure(although just about any stone can be made now if thought out).

-Would allow items with 19+ stats to not have the stats partially wasted due to limited enchanting ability.

-Would allow low level enchanters to create larger stones so as to not allow the "middle tier" stone market to be dominated by high level enchanters.

-Would allow Ns to create slightly larger stones so as to enchant their own gear(mainly weapons/BPs/helms) to their full potential. Also would help those who keep enchanting @ 20 because of Workmanship limit in the Artistry tab.

Cons:
-Many high level players are already pushing 3 stats @ close to 50, some even 4, so if a player wanted to fully gain the benefits of some of the high level armors/weapons, it would require them to really think about their build, as this would cause more than 3 stats(possibly 4 or even 5) to be dropped to ~50.

-Pushing these limits, or having 4-5 stats @ ~50 helps classes, or rather weapon type users, that need fewer stats(crusher/piercer), and hurts those that need more(caster/archer)

-(This goes for all resources, but mainly...) More high tiered resources would be consumed, by increasing demand slightly, would increase prices as well, catering more to resources/crafters. Perhaps an implementation of an extra resource skill that slightly boosts higher level resource findings in higher areas would be needed? There is a thread about that already, by Cynthe I believe.

-Also, there are very few equipment pieces that have more than 30 stats, so enchanters could simply stop when they hit 100 combined enchanting/invention/naturalist level, since that would now allow them to create +60 stones. Not much further than that would be required anymore.

SO, lots of pros that would be helpful, but good number of cons that might outweigh them? Another side idea, would be to have the 2nd stone (one placed in top right corner), to only add HALF of it's values. This would limit the top stone to +54, by using 2 +36 stones. Perhaps 54 is a slightly better limit(???) due to very few items having more than 27 stats? Just an idea! I'm sure in general crafters would love this as it would mean more $$, and people who don't resource or who already have 3+ stats @ 50 will hate it. Anyways, thoughts, comments, changes, ideas, etc welcomed!

Old 10-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
Huggles
Epic Scholar

you write too much.

i like big enchants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Dollar
Crab Defiler

well my ranger and angel would hate this and my vampires, warrior and alchoholic would love it ..... trying to make something everyone would like would mean nothing would ever change/be accomplished .... saying this i support

Old 10-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

i support. would be nice to get even more dur enchants

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Just wanted to add, I myself am kinda partial to the 2nd stone adding 1/2 it's enchants to make the combined stone. I feel like 54 extra stats would be a better maximum, so most armors/weaps can be fully enchanted but if you REALLY want stats on equips, you have to forgo a few. Just my thoughts xD

Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

uhhhh bump