Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Unfair Civil Ban
Old 09-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Default Unfair Civil Ban

I just received a 24 hour squelch and a Civil Ban for an OBVIOUS wrong chat. Screenshot is at the link below.

Unfair Civil Ban picture by khao7ik - Photobucket

Given that this comment was not deliberate, I feel that I have been unfairly banned from Civil chat, and would like to see this rectified immediately. I have seen many people say many worse things on purpose and go unpunished.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Tbh, I could care less about the squelch. I said something I shouldn't have, wrong chat or not. I still feel that a Civil ban is a little bit overkill for that though.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
danaarlan

would u like some cheese with your whine?

lol.
u cant really argue it, but a 24 hours squelch for tht is a bit ott, 3 hours would of done

Old 09-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

I'm not posting to whine, I'm posting to ask for reconsideration on the Civil ban. I'm being punished for my mistake, and that's acceptable. I just feel that the ban is a little uncalled for given the circumstances.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

It Defiantly looked like a serious wc to me, even if it wasn't, Civil ban is way too much...

Old 09-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Azrial

I actually witnessed this particular wc happen. And it was a wc. I totally agree that a civil ban is a little harsh. I can understand a squelch. But a total civil ban is a bit much in my opinion.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
Huggles
Epic Scholar

it was an obvious wc, not a fake wc...
it's not like he went .t (name) **** ***** ******
he just typed something in /c instead of /u

unban raperoo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Thank you to everyone for your support. I appreciate it. Hopefully the mods will see that this was a mistake and reconsider their decision. If that is the case, I will be far more careful about what I say in Civil chat, as well as where I'm posting to.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #9
paultwloha
Gem Pouch Expert

It really is unjust. Give roo a chance.

Quote:
Much like unicorns, gems are magical.
Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Glitchless
Administrator

If the ban had been from the quote in the screenshot it would be unjust, however, we have been receiving complaints about Raperoo for some time now and it comes as no surprise that a moderator has civil banned the character obviously for more than was shown in the screenshot.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

Pic or it didnt happen , imo ! tbh! irl. Not guilty unless you prove it wrong.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
If the ban had been from the quote in the screenshot it would be unjust, however, we have been receiving complaints about Raperoo for some time now and it comes as no surprise that a moderator has civil banned the character obviously for more than was shown in the screenshot.
So basically some opinionated mod who happened to dislike Raperoo decided that he/she had an opportunity to civil ban him?

And Raperoo is always civil in civil chat. Always. In uncivil he's a bit...over the top, but that's allowed isn't it? 'There are no rules in this channel except one: Don't complain about what other people are saying. It's a free-for-all in here.'

So if he is getting banned because people complained about things he said in Uncivil channel, that is completely backwards. The people complaining broke the only rule of uncivil. If you have proof of him actually saying things that are inappropriate for civil chat, then by all means show it. And the incessant whining of a whiny little 10 year old who just got told off in Uncivil should not count as proof.

By the way, maybe buffing Regeners would help fix moderation, increase TC sales, and cause everyone to be friends?
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Glitch, I understand your concern, but as I clearly have much support on this being an unjust ban, I ask you for another chance. I would appreciate another opportunity to prove that I can behave in Civil just as well as I can on the forums. I agree that there may be several people who have complained about me, but I'm sure I'm not the only one you receive complaints about. Many others have gone unpunished for their behavior in Civil. Many of them are characters who have not paid a dime into the game. I, on the other hand, am fully upgraded and have made many efforts to tone down my "Uncivil" behavior in Civil chat. I realize you probably don't keep logs of the chats, but if you were to monitor me from the time I joined until now, I have only become tamer and tamer. I will take my squelch without batting an eyelash, but I truly feel that the Civil ban is unjust punishment for an obvious mistake and would appreciate an opportunity to redeem myself.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
Sezr
Boss Hunter

Default reply

And besides,i have seen people fake WC worse and laughed about it afterwards...for example when Mel "wc'ed" about Ale's fake male genitalia. Im not specifically bashing either of them but i think there needs to be more congruency when dealing with civil squelches and even bans

Old 09-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #15
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

I have to say, I am rather disappointed with the consistency of the moderation as of late. There are times where people get squelched for what seems like nothing, and other times where people get away with murder. It seems to me that it depends on the popularity of the offender, as the ones who get away with murder are usually the same offenders time and time again, and yet, here I am with a legitimate concern, and it appears as though it is going to be swept under the rug. Please reconsider this Civil ban, Glitch.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited by Roo; 09-12-2010 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: Terrible Grammar.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #16
Melusinenyxie
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezr View Post
And besides,i have seen people fake WC worse and laughed about it afterwards...for example when Mel "wc'ed" about Ale's fake male genitalia. Im not specifically bashing either of them but i think there needs to be more congruency when dealing with civil squelches and even bans
Uhm. My group wrong chats are wrong chats. I type to fast and slip over a backslash key, and it happens frequently when I type something I find funny or think my group will find funny. Please don't accuse me of faking things, unless you have proof of me saying "hahahaha Look I did a funny fake wc hahahaha"

I get squelched for my indecent behaviour in civil as much as the next guy. So take your bias "Mel's so uncivil but never gets any punishment for anything" and shove it. Cause I get squelched for my wc's too, even though thats what they are: wrong chats.

When I get squelched, even if I feel it was for something undesereved, I don't complain. I laugh and say okay and as soon as I'm unsquelched I apologize to civil.

I get squelched for being uncivil. I've gotten squelched for spamming, cussing, being too lewd, and prolly for just being damn annoying. I've been squelched for my wc's too. I don't get squelched in civil often because I am civil in civil. I walk the line, but when it gets crossed I get squelched and I take it. So don't act like I don't get punished. Because when I break the rules i do. When I dont break the rules I don't. Maybe you just need a better understanding of what civil really is, but leave me out of it. Thanks.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #17
thatperson
Epic Scholar

ok ignoring mel and sezr here im with raperoo i have said FAR FAR FAR FAR WORSE in civil and ive been squelched once in the entire time ive played....the moderators need to be changed to unbiased moderators if and if the moderators dont get changed to unbiased then we dont need a civil chat just make it all uncivil
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #18
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Personally, I think that more often than not I'm more annoying in Civil chat rather than offensive. If you were to Civil ban every player who came off as annoying, who's left? I never once said that I should go unpunished for my mistake, I simply feel that my punishment is overkill and should be reduced to a simple squelch. Civil ban is far too much in my opinion.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #19
Melusinenyxie
Auction Master

P.S. I did get squelched for that wc

P.P.S. If the complaints are legitimate and have proof backing them that you were being uncivil I can understand the ban. But if all they are are complaints, then thats BS and a ban should be null and void.

P.P.P.S. Try emailing Glitchless and apologizing. He's always undone bans when you grovel personally instead of making logical valid points on a forums post.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #20
paultwloha
Gem Pouch Expert

Clearly we all find it just to remove the civil ban from him. All of us have supported him and not one person thinks it right.

Quote:
Much like unicorns, gems are magical.
Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.