Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

DK enchanting assistance
Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Gorefists

Default DK enchanting assistance

My Death Knight build is going to run into a issue at higher lvls, and once again, I'm looking to you all for guidance and wisdom.

I am a duel wielding crusher, and in such, from what I have been told threw trial and effort from many of you, that the stats should be as followed:

Melee:
  • STR: 600
  • DEX: 200

Defense:
  • DUR: All

I have opted to put the left over points into CNC, to do some moderate damage in Black DoTs, which will be my main magical damage.

The problem I have found is, with the points done in this fashion, where do I take the points when enchanting my gear? Also how many points should I dump into CNC to be effective?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

lvl magic stat ....

Old 08-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Misguided
Seer's BFF

as a DW crusher DK....i have neither 600 Str nor 200 Dex.......you should look into using your stones for Dur and raising Cnt some, will help against higher lvl mobs magic and somewhat in PvP
I have noticed in Arena matches, as my teammates take 1k magic from players, i take less....around 600-700, so Cnt does work to an extent....as you lvl and "temper" items, you will not need to dump all def points into Dur

Old 08-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Misguided
Seer's BFF

as far as magic, using black DoTs will require some energy/ mana....so consider this as you lvl

EDIT: feel free to PM me when im online, i will be happy to help in anyway i can

Old 08-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Mg can!

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 08-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
Gorefists

currently, character lvl 61, I can take tons of damage, thanks to lvling resistence to magical damage, and huge, DUR levels.

Ask some of the known gamers such as, Pkperson (and alts), Megaman, Manchesthair (SP), and others, about my lasting ability and damage.

Melee: 100 points (STR: 526 DEX: 150)
Defense: 107 points (All DUR = 5021hps)

I'm not hurting for hit points nor damage to others. Ask anyone I dueled, or even versed arena against.

My question, again is, if I max STR at 600, DEX at 200, max out defense DUR, and dump the rest of the points into CNC, where should I take the points off to enchant.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:16 AM   #7
Blueack

You want to go ahead and enchant with pure melee stats. Go for broke and get over 1k melee.

Enchanting with dur does not help you kill mobs faster, which you will need to do if you want to be uber.

You can enchant dur on a different suit if you want to pvp in that. And don't worry, you'll be able to use the suit you enchanted with pure melee, as well.

Words from a two-year old DK, but this is not bound solely to Dark Knights. MG, you sux @ being a DK. GTFO.

P.S. Both of you guys (Gore and MG) can pm ME in-game if you wanna learn how to build properly...

Old 08-18-2010, 02:48 AM   #8
Jon
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueack View Post
you want to go ahead and enchant with pure melee stats. Go for broke and get over 1k melee.

Enchanting with dur does not help you kill mobs faster, which you will need to do if you want to be uber.

You can enchant dur on a different suit if you want to pvp in that. And don't worry, you'll be able to use the suit you enchanted with pure melee, as well.

Words from a two-year old dk, but this is not bound solely to dark knights. Mg, you sux @ being a dk. Gtfo.

P.s. Both of you guys (gore and mg) can pm me in-game if you wanna learn how to build properly...
qft

Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
Gorefists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueack View Post
You want to go ahead and enchant with pure melee stats. Go for broke and get over 1k melee.

Words from a two-year old DK, but this is not bound solely to Dark Knights. MG, you sux @ being a DK. GTFO.

P.S. Both of you guys (Gore and MG) can pm ME in-game if you wanna learn how to build properly...
I was told 600 is the peak of STR for a crusher, and anything more wouldn't have the damage output to invest into, is this not true then?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
thatperson
Epic Scholar

600 str is the point at which str stops adding a very noticable ammount of extra DPS the points can be spent in better places after 600 str although raising above 600 will add more damage it wont add as much as it would before 600 ...as MG said you should have some cnt in your defense build and use dur/cnt stones on your PvP armor and on your PvE set use cnc mst and pst stones to be able to keep up with ur DoT usage
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #11
Gorefists

Exactly, so ...

Doable?
STR: 600
DEX: 200
DUR: MAX
CNC: 200
CNT: 200
INT: minus (enchants)
REG: minus (enchants)

Old 08-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

As a melee DK adding DoTs, you have a couple options of stats to drop. First one for sure would be INT since meleers dont get a bonus from deathflow. No reason to keep it high. You can always take out points from recovery. Most people choose MRE/PRE first...but if you're a melee adding DoTs, you might want to keep those ~100 in order to regen between battles. You can always drop REG if you feel like you arent losing too much health in PvE, and since it's basically worthless in PvP in most people opinions, you could certainly drop it. That gives you up to 4 stats that you can drop, the big thing to remember is to build based on what you NEED...not what everyone tells you to. Sure 600/200 str/dex is a great ballpark number, but you should never follow someone else to the T. Aim for it and adjust as you go w/what you need.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
Blueack

/inspect Blueack in-game. If you really want DoTs, which I can understand if you do, get mostly 10 second burning dots, but heals are really what you need in pvp. DoTs are fail, but if our class gets a bonus to them, i GUESS we have to use them.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #14
Gorefists

I'm set atm with healing and the hit points, as well as decent damage and protection at my lvl, so my thing is to add a bit to DoTs for the adding of DPS.

As per the mention of my idea stats, those are what I am aiming for, however they may vary depending on my needs at higher lvls.