Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Question about PKs and Arena Fights
Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Question about PKs and Arena Fights

So I had a thought that came up, and I couldn't get a definitive answer from anyone and I decided to post it here.

If I enter an Arena Fight as a PK and someone who happens to be on that same square of the World Map (though not in an arena or other fight) decides to attempt Forced Combat on me, will I start flashing during my Arena Fight and risk Permadeath?

As far as I understand the PKK System, the PK will begin to flash immediately after the PKK clicks Force Combat (once they begin stalking me). Also any kind of death while flashing becomes a permanent one.

So, is this a valid concern, or are there safeguards for this already in place?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Glitchless
Administrator

We put safeguards into place. PK's only start flashing red when someone attempts to force on them and they are in the middle of PvE combat. This protects them from always being at risk of someone doing this while dueling or in arenas.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

Ok, thank you for the response

Old 04-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

When you say "only" u mean that if a PK sittin outside T2 not flashing, They cannot be forced? cause that what im getting from you...

Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

PKs can certainly be forced on when not in any sort of combat... it may have been better to say that they can only NOT be forced on when already in PvP Combat.

Though I wonder what kind of restrictions may be in place around dueling an alt for 30 minutes then escaping and logging off after a kill

Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #6
Glitchless
Administrator

They can be forced at any time except when in an arena square. It only immediately makes them blink red and go into PK mode if they're fighting a creature at the time.

When dueling you're still in danger of being forced and killed immediately after the duel, you're just not going to be put into PK mode while in the duel causing you to perm die if you lose the duel.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

Glitchless... You keep making me wonder about this more and more... Now I have two more questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
They can be forced at any time except when in an arena square....
So I can't be forced if I am standing on the 'Arena Square'?? Meaning I could go on a killing spree and then go sit on that square and I'd be untouchable? I doubt this is the case, but that does seem to be how you worded it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
When dueling you're still in danger of being forced and killed immediately after the duel, you're just not going to be put into PK mode while in the duel causing you to perm die if you lose the duel.
Still I have to ask, what if I go kill some people, then enter a duel with a friendly character (an alt, or a clan member, etc..) and just sit there looking at each other. Does my 30 Minute timer continue to count down here? If so, couldn't I just escape the duel and immediately gate back to town and avoid ever being caught? (I know I would be sitting still while in this fake duel and the would-be PKKers could just surround that square and wait for my escape, but they would still have to be quick about it)

Old 04-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
Glitchless
Administrator

1) No, won't work. You have to be in an actual arena fight.
2) No, won't work. Your duel will be interrupted after 3 minutes if someone forces on you.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #9
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

Thanks again