Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Regener Question
Old 08-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty
Default Regener Question

Good Morning Glitchless Team:

Reading the Combat recovery and battle mending skills it says that at lvl 100 you will heal at 25% of your out of combat rate...

Regener bonus is 8-24% to base healing.

Adding those both it comes to 49% if all skills required are maxed.

i'll list my current skills:

Class Enhance - 75
Class Spec - 75
Combat REcovery - 70
Battle Mending - 46
REG - 552

Out of combat I heal for roughly 100 per tick. In combat i'm looking at roughly 12 per tick atm. Does this math work out with how I am understanding the skills and bonuses of a Regener?

Basically if I stay healing at 100 per tick and were to get CE, CS, CR, and BM to 100 I should heal for 49 per tick in combat or so with how I understand.

If you could explain it to me if i'm wrong, or let me know if the math is correct with how my toon works atm I would greatly appreciate it.

edit: The reason I ask so much is because I don't really know what the REG number itself is based on calculation wise (as in how much health per pt of reg) or if the calculation is also based upon total dur.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Last edited by flipynifty; 08-14-2009 at 01:44 PM..

Old 08-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Misguided
Seer's BFF

YAY....im not sure how it works....but you go girl

Old 08-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
sierracoop
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via AIM to sierracoop

girl??? flipy's a girl?

Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
gailenstryker
Rare Collector

Bump

Just remember Today's raincheck is tomorrows' Golden Shower.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
Cheezwhiz

Quote:
Regener bonus is 8-24% to base healing.
Adding those both it comes to 49% if all skills required are maxed.
Out of combat I heal for roughly 100 per tick. In combat i'm looking at roughly 12 per tick atm.
Perhaps the bonus to base healing would mean that if (sans bonus) you healed for 100/tick then it would be 108-124/tick.
Since you have 70 CR and 46 BM you should be getting about 13.9% of your base heal in combat. If the regener bonus (17% with 75 in CE and CS) only applies to the base, and in combat you heal for 12/tick, your out of combat heal rate would be around 12*1/.139 = 86/tick. Does that seem a little closer?
Possible deviance from the suggested 100/tick base you mentioned could be accounted for by rounding. 12.49*1/.139 = 90/tick, so if you get 12-13/tick in combat, it could be 83-97/tick out of combat.
I sincerely hope my math was right.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
Gurnison
Gem Pouch Expert

The 100 per tick out of combat already includes regener bonus, CE and CS. You tried to add them again for in-combat recovery. The Combat Recovery and Battle Mending skills are the only thing you will apply to the 100 per tick. That works out to just under 14% which is pretty close to the 12 that you mentioned.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:11 AM   #7
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

:/

TBH what i'm getting is kinda ridiculously low for a class imo. I mean if it's a reggening class I should be healing for a lot more, mind you i'm not 100 accross the board but i've thrown a lot into it...

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #8
Gurnison
Gem Pouch Expert

I haven't checked it for a long time, but you're probably getting more than twice the regen that I am. Combat HP regen isn't very significant except in long fights. I didn't do the calculations but I'd guess you are close to 1000 HP regen during a 10 minute boss fight.

The in-combat energy and mana regen seem to be a lot more significant in long fights.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #9
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

still not enough for it being a clas speciality, i'mm looking to be a tank, not mediocre.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #10
Cheezwhiz

Quote:
The 100 per tick out of combat already includes regener bonus, CE and CS. You tried to add them again for in-combat recovery. The Combat Recovery and Battle Mending skills are the only thing you will apply to the 100 per tick. That works out to just under 14% which is pretty close to the 12 that you mentioned.
Actually, I didn't add CE and CS to in-combat.
The math for in-combat, going by the CR and BM stats of Flipynifty, is as follows:
(70 * .001) + (46 * .0015) = .07 + .069 = .139 or 13.9%
The 12/tick I mentioned was what Flipynifty was getting per tick in-combat. If that is accurate, then the out-of-combat numbers work out to around 90/tick. Accounting for minor deviances on the in-combat regeneration (say, 11.5-13.49/tick which factors rounding for the occasional 13/tick in-combat heal) and using the CR + BM equation listed above, the out-of-combat could vary between 83-97/tick.
The CE and CS, along with Reg, could be used to calculate a base out-of-combat rate, which I did not attempt.
I would assume that the bonus of CE and CS would apply indirectly to in-combat regen due to the increase on out-of-combat regen. This, I believe, would translate to an out-of-combat regen of 71-83/tick for those that don't have the regener class (going by the Reg numbers of Flipynifty), which means an in-combat regen (assuming the same CR + BM) of 10-12/tick.
All in all, it seems a slight difference for the regener class, and perhaps an insignificant one considering the bonuses of other classes.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Regeners did get a boost to the 24% already and I was hoping as I got up here it would be fairly decent for a PVE tank. Obviously it's only as significant as having an extra gaia that moves a little faster...

I'll keep trying to see what I can do and I appreciate the input and help, you guys are awesome.

Glitchless, I realize that Regeners already got a boost but as you can see from the numbers that, as a class speciality, it's not super significant. Maybe a larger boost or stacking the CE and CS on top of CR and BM to bring us to a max of 50% in combat regen?

omg i wanna sammich nao