Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Specious description of improved cuddlebug proc
Old 08-13-2015, 09:27 AM   #1
Yadocxer
Boss Hunter

Default Specious description of improved cuddlebug proc

Glitch. I think the proc description/wording on the improved Cuddlebug is misleading. "This pet has a 10% chance of preventing any detrimental gem used on you. Also reduces shatter cool down by 50% (doesn't increase with tier) each." As I read the description, it seems to indicated that the cool down period is reduced further by having two cuddlebugs equipped. I have tested this. With maxed Gem Shatter skill the cool down period (pve) is 30 seconds with one pet equipped. There is no additional decrease with two pets equipped. It is still 30 seconds. Am I just reading the skill wrongly or is it not working correctly? And if there is no increase in cool down period with two pets, is there an increase in detrimental gem prevention? I don't know how to test this. Please elevate my concerns. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
Blaze
Boss Hunter

....2 minute cooldown with 0. -50% = 1 minute with 1. -50% = 30 seconds with 2

the cooldowns are working correctly for my team so try timing again

Last edited by Blaze; 08-13-2015 at 10:03 AM..

Old 08-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #3
Excellence
Seer's BFF

I just tested with 1 Cuddlebug it's 1min, since base cooldown is 2min. With 2 cuddles will be 30 sec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
You'd be surprised how much Excellence helped me in arena, he carried me both seasons so I can't thank him enough for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
ill admit ex is a real toon though... >_> god i'll never hear the end of my saying that

Old 08-13-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
Yadocxer
Boss Hunter

There is an issue. With more testing and some help from Excellence we found the problem. The pet slot is remembering the last pet that occupied it. If you start with 2 cuddlebugs and remove one, you will still have 30 second cool down. If you start with one cuddlebug and another pet and then remove the bug, you will still have a 1 minuet cool down. It is strange, but true. Test it for yourself. This doesn't seem exploitable in any major fashion. But doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. If you remove a pet from a slot, the pets effect should fade with out having to put a new pet in the slot, imo.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #5
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

That is majorly exploitable, fix fast please

Old 08-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #6
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulodjohn View Post
You're being sarcastic right?

You can have cuddlebug/cuddlebug, take one off (but not replace it) and you have the same shatter time as before.

So you lose the damage and prevent for no benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #7
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulodjohn View Post
not really majorly. the effect fades if you put a new pet in the slot. and only an idiot would intentionally use 1 pet. they can't replace the pet so they'd keep it equipped. no real benefit only loss to use it so no one would exploit.

I do agree a fix wouldn't be bad though

Old 08-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #8
Yadocxer
Boss Hunter

After Paulodjohn said this could be majorly exploited I did more testing and found something strange. If you have multi suits/setups one with 2x cuddlebugs the others not. You can shatter while in cuddlebug set then swap to your non-cuddlebug setup and shatter cool down is still 30 seconds. But, if you shatter while in non bug set your cool down is 2 minuets even if you swap back to the bug set. It appears that shatter cool down timer is stated when you shatter and therefore you could always switch to cuddlebug setup to shatter, keeping the 30 sec cool down. I don't know if this is an exploit, but it is a sweet move to keep low shatter cool downs.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #9
Excellence
Seer's BFF

Well I don't really find this exploitable but yes it wouldn't harm to get fixed... Also on that 2nd set, it actually makes sense.. much like when I used loris to regen up my energy when I first started as DoT... You completely swap suits, you should get benefits from it.. But I guess the moment you drop cuddle, shatter timer should maybe increase or something, but I don't think this is much of a thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
You'd be surprised how much Excellence helped me in arena, he carried me both seasons so I can't thank him enough for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
ill admit ex is a real toon though... >_> god i'll never hear the end of my saying that

Old 08-13-2015, 08:54 PM   #10
Deadlyone
Gem Pouch Expert

Location: IN DAT BIG PHX 602 WHERE WE KILL SNITCHZ N BURN HATERZ ALL DAY EVERYDAY, US PHOENIX,ARIZONA

I'm going to put my two cents & say this needs to get changed people shouldn't be able to benefit the less cool down from the cuddlebugs they can use this method not only in PVE but swell in PvP meaning arena it can effect other's rightful plays to others cheating the cool down Deadly one rules with Ex & Hooker <333

Old 08-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
Glitchless
Administrator

We'll fix the issue about it using the last equipped pet's effect when no pet is equipped, however, that part is purely unexploitable.

As for the swapping of sets to gain benefit of cooldown reduction - we'd like to hear more feedback on it. There are already some penalties when swapping equipment. At the very least your pet swing timers are reset, however, it's probably still well worth it to swap out cuddlebugs prior to shattering, though it's also a pain in the butt that most won't want to have to deal with. Let us know your thoughts on whether this mechanic should be endorsed or removed.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #12
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Imo it's the same as people switching to a shield to cleanse dots then taking it off again right after. Leave it as is

Old 08-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #13
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
We'll fix the issue about it using the last equipped pet's effect when no pet is equipped, however, that part is purely unexploitable.

As for the swapping of sets to gain benefit of cooldown reduction - we'd like to hear more feedback on it. There are already some penalties when swapping equipment. At the very least your pet swing timers are reset, however, it's probably still well worth it to swap out cuddlebugs prior to shattering, though it's also a pain in the butt that most won't want to have to deal with. Let us know your thoughts on whether this mechanic should be endorsed or removed.
If you're paying the extra 200m per suit to have identical suits with cuddlebugs for shatter and/or companions/lizards for cleanse, I think it's fair.

If you have to uncomfortably switch (I've been doing this) before shattering, you lose the ability to shatter with any decent timing which is balancing enough.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.