Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Uniform PvP Damage Multiplier
Old 07-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,329
Default Uniform PvP Damage Multiplier

We're wondering if anyone has any objections to us making the PvP damage multiplier uniform. As it stands now there is a progressive multiplier in arenas and clan wars. We are considering having it be the same for all types of PvP combat. A lot of the regener hate is being generated from duels, we believe, where they have a distinct advantage due to the lack of damage multiplier. If you think there is a good reason to not include the damage multiplier in all PvP please state why. Since it doesn't kick in for 2 minutes, and even then it starts extremely gradually, it seems it would have no ill-effect on PKs escaping combat.

Note: We are not suggesting this in lieu of a counter to regeners. We agree that there should be some counter to regening, but that it must come at a cost to the user as opposed to simply being a buff to a build.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended
 
Hoodrat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: :O
Posts: 809
Default

Seems like a good idea to me!
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Tsurguy
Boss Hunter
 
Tsurguy is offline
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 197
Default

Maybe ramp up the % in clan battle... cause fighting one guy for ages is pretty boring. lol
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert
 
solopixy's Avatar
 
solopixy is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virovitica, Croatia
Posts: 280
Default

go for it


forgoted magic word:support
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
Master
Boss Hunter
 
Master is offline
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,832
Default

If its the same, why not? PvP should be same all around imo

Any idea on arena stuff yet?
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
Lightdrinker
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Lightdrinker is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 267
Default

Dont support , Pking is hard enough as is without having damage multipliers to deal with ....

Changing the base of all pvp , over something that is broken due to being overbuffed is stupid.
__________________
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You look to be correct about Dinhoruiz and we believe he has been involved or scammed in the past, however, we cannot confirm this with 100% certitude which is necessary for any bannings. Definitely don't trust him - not that you should trust anyone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
NoRemorse
Seer's BFF
 
NoRemorse's Avatar
 
NoRemorse is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Airborn
Posts: 741
Default

The regening itself should come at a cost, i do support the idea for normal pvp as well. Any build comes at a cost a good regener might lack a bit melee strenght but equip 2 whips some lg pets and that is taken care off. Yes it is an investment but is any good build not expensive?
__________________
"Hit the lights" because we can always "Enter Sandman"
Life with "NoRemorse" till we hear "for whom the bell tolls"
Purpose of life: Be able to look in the mirror at the end of the day and be satisfied with it
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
Lightdrinker
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Lightdrinker is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 267
Default

I hope the counter is not another gem .

There are already to many differenet gems to have to use in aura slots , carrying sets specifically to counter regeneres would hurt tons vs non regen teams .

Instead of adding counter measures y not just fix regen values in pvp , if you think there is a reason for them being so high in pve .
__________________
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You look to be correct about Dinhoruiz and we believe he has been involved or scammed in the past, however, we cannot confirm this with 100% certitude which is necessary for any bannings. Definitely don't trust him - not that you should trust anyone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
>.>
Auction Master
 
>.>'s Avatar
 
>.> is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,217
Default

or a skill like gravebound to affect regen, it would not affect the pve aspect but not give them super regen in pvp
__________________



  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #10
Lightdrinker
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Lightdrinker is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 267
Default

There are problems when some teams go regen on all 3 toons as well .

The problems are not simply regen

Part of problem with regen is commbined with mitigation .

Other parts are if regener and uses enchanter ca . They heal so much that between the cooldowns nearly impossible to kill .

A skill like gravebound would really only help dotters , would do nothing else for other builds like aoe caster.

Also would make it so you have to auto attack them .. while atm there are many advantages to having a archer on the team .

I am rather disgusted with the numerous posts since the release of timmys and r6 runes
There has been posts of how game breaking regen would become .

Instead of listening then we are now looking for counters, and changing all pvp
And not fixing something that is broken .
__________________
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You look to be correct about Dinhoruiz and we believe he has been involved or scammed in the past, however, we cannot confirm this with 100% certitude which is necessary for any bannings. Definitely don't trust him - not that you should trust anyone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
hotshot64
Epic Scholar
 
hotshot64's Avatar
 
hotshot64 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,070
Default

Jesus, keep on topic people. I actually don't like the multiplier at all. The reason for this is I'm a mediocre tank and a slightly better dps. I fought an amazing tank the other day in clan battle who was very slowly whittling me down to a loss as I desperately fought to survive and inflict more damage. Eventually, the damage bonus allowed me to crit him hard enough to kill him in 2 hits, or I would not have won. I would have lost. Not drawn, lost. If someone has the capability to win as an op tank, it should not be reversed because people are afraid of drawing.


On the other hand, if you're going to have a damage multiplier on the things that matter, may as well have it on duels as well. After all, duels are for testing your pvp build.
__________________
https://nodtools.net
Your comprehensive source for Nodiatis calculators and information.



  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
chrisdj
Boss Hunter
 
chrisdj is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 249
Default

Ok glitch you stated here

:Note: We are not suggesting this in lieu of a counter to regeners. We agree that there should be some counter to regening, but that it must come at a cost to the user as opposed to simply being a buff to a build.

If things must come at a cost to the user why are the regeners gems no fail upkeep??? this defeats your point of cost to the user, having them trying to keep the mana/energy up enough to use the gems like the rest of us have to! This would at least put them in line with other classes and go a little why to counter them!
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #13
Lightdrinker
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Lightdrinker is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 267
Default

Duels are the last thing that show actual comparison in abilities of toons ,
if going ive a damage multiplier to everything can we get it for everything else too?


There will be no way to compare base builds if u change duels,
All comparison will be on a damage multiplier we only get in pvp

People lose nothing in duels also so why does it need to be changed?
__________________
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You look to be correct about Dinhoruiz and we believe he has been involved or scammed in the past, however, we cannot confirm this with 100% certitude which is necessary for any bannings. Definitely don't trust him - not that you should trust anyone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
>.>
Auction Master
 
>.>'s Avatar
 
>.> is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,217
Default

It is on topic daer, glitch thinks the issue is solely in duels because there is no multiplier to assist there and LD was clarifying. I would reckon that I could duel almost any regener and pretty much have it be endless because of their lack of dps. The issue is, like you said, when mitigation is combined with the no fail upkeep and by a coincidence the regen gear happens to have mitigation as well. With that combination it severely cuts the attacking toons dps and the already high tick rate can clear up what is left. Then the bonus kicks in and they start whittling down any non regener while they stay full or drop very very slowly. The bonus allows for extreme damage and is what makes them viable in pvp.

As an example when I clan battled Usaeagle I was full the majority of the fight until a certain point hit in the fight where my defenses alone would not help me and I was knocked to 75%, 25% then DK CA'd. The ticks from the CA were 2.1k and 2.2k then I was dead. Just using rough math that was a 466% increase in damage before he started to kill me. That is what annoys people the fact that the bonus makes it a crap shoot as to who gets the lucky hits.
__________________



  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #15
Lightdrinker
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Lightdrinker is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 267
Default

Just because duels vs regeners can be endless does not mean that we should base all pvp on regeners and give damage multipliers that we dont earn .

IF you dont want to duel a regener you dont have too .
__________________
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You look to be correct about Dinhoruiz and we believe he has been involved or scammed in the past, however, we cannot confirm this with 100% certitude which is necessary for any bannings. Definitely don't trust him - not that you should trust anyone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Darkdingus
Rare Collector
 
Darkdingus is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 952
Default

Do it. At least, now, duels will be unable to go on endlessly.

I see no negative impact over this, because PKs can still escape, and regeners can still keep up with it, but ONLY regen will not save them anymore - they have to show some damage in the end.
__________________
A man in love is incomplete until he marries.
Then, he's finished.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #17
Lightdrinker
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Lightdrinker is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 267
Default

The problem is like >.> pointed out
Adding damage multiplier just makes it so i can regen till enough damage bonus then swap pets for example and nearly 1 hit u .


You honestly need to stop building pvp around broken regen and overbuffed defenses that you have added to the game in the last year without any gains to dps .

Affinate , Stone and water , Hp bonuses, Numerous buffs to regen ,

The problems are not solelyl in regen , they are within all the defense buffs and leaving dps as is .

Putting damage multiplier on all pvp just shows that you are looking for the easy way out instead of addressing that you have over buffed some of these things and left dps unable to compete .

And instead of giving us a true dps gain you are giving us this multiplier that requires no skill . And makes some fights a dice roll
__________________
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You look to be correct about Dinhoruiz and we believe he has been involved or scammed in the past, however, we cannot confirm this with 100% certitude which is necessary for any bannings. Definitely don't trust him - not that you should trust anyone.

Last edited by Lightdrinker; 07-25-2013 at 02:23 PM..
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #18
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,329
Default

Try to keep the drama levels to a minimum. The PvP season was won by a team without an HP regener and the idea of "regening and then switching to pets and one-shotting someone with a damage multiplier" shows a pretty clear lack of understanding of game mechanics. People with reasons why they don't want a multiplier can state them, but do not continue to rehash the same thing over and over with more vitriol and expect us to read more than your third post.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
hotshot64
Epic Scholar
 
hotshot64's Avatar
 
hotshot64 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,070
Default

Good points here, and I say go for it Glitch. If it's in clan battles and arena it should definitely be in duels, and I doubt many would disagree.
__________________
https://nodtools.net
Your comprehensive source for Nodiatis calculators and information.



  Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #20
Lurkee
Seer's BFF
 
Lurkee is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 707
Default

I see what daer said on his original post, but i mean if it's two tanks and they both get a damage multiplier it seems like it'd just speed up the same outcome that eventually came. I am for uniformity in PvP, and if there is an imbalance where one build is just raping everything then they can address that in all cases rather than having to deal with it seperately in arenas, clan wars, duels, etc.

and im a fan of a gem solution to counter regeners
lightdrinker just wants an easymode way to counter all builds and that's not what nodiatis combat has ever been about.
__________________
If you make a sad face when you sing I hate you, die.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM
Boards live since 05-21-2008


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.