Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Boon Fix
Old 10-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Default Boon Fix

Alot of complains and suggestions have been made, one way or another, due to the way Reroller's Boon works.

Often it has to do with the overskilling potential it provides.

Some say Reroller's Boon has its flaws - and it does - but those who suffer from its flaws are only the ones who actually want to level up with it.
Those who want to stay at lower level and simply gather loads of trophies can do so, and quickly reach high amounts of power at a low level.

My suggestion is very, very simple.
In order for the Reroller's Boon system to be used for its intended purpose - quickly getting back to where you were at before rerolling - here is my suggestion:

- No more Triple Passive Experience
(EDIT: I meant no more triple non-combat experience, because those skills are kept when rerolling)
- If you sacrifice Trophies at maximum experience penalty (95% penalty), the experience eaten by the penalty is reduced from the Boon XP Cap.
(EDIT: Let's assume this only kicks in when trying to overskill 25 skill levels beyond your level, so if you're level 75, you don't get penalized for skilling up to 100)

Example:
You drop a stack of trophies worth 100.000 exp on a skill with 95% penalty (EDIT: wich is currently 25 levels above your level) = you get 5k exp, and reduce 95k from the Boon XP Cap.

Essentially you'd start wasting Boon experience if you overskill way beyond your level.

I think I know exactly the kind of players that will be against this.

EDIT: Here's what I suggested in the second post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
As for PKer's...
1 - I think the PKer's boon should only kick in once they become PKs again after rerolling, but it should stack with PK bonus in the form of an additional 2x EXP - So if you're under a 3x PK Bonus, you'd have 5x with PK Boon; if you're under a 2x PK Bonus you'd have 4x with PK boon - only until you reach your total exp before rerolling.
(No more going PK to quickly reach high exp and then restart with massive boon.)
2 - To redeem, you should need to kill enough PKs whose total EXP is twice your own.
3 - Non-Combat skill EXP not affected by Boon/PK Bonus.
4 - If you die from forcing on a PK you should lose RT
5 - There should be no level range limit on PKKing. Permadeath would only occur from PKKs within your range. A PKK outside your range would only be able to take 3 stacks if the PK is flashing red, or 1 stack otherwise.
6 - Implement my PK suggestion from the other thread:
- Flashing Red = 4x EXP = Ultimate Risk, Ultimate Bonus, no chicken tactics
- Forcing on PKs causes them to Flash Purple instead of Red, simply preventing them from entering Town for 15 mins (superceded by Flashing Red - if you force on a PK 10 mins before his red flash ends, he stays purple 5 mins afterwards)
- When you stop flashing red you have 3x EXP, and lose 3 stacks when PKKed instead of permadeath. This lasts 3 hours.
- After the 3 hours are gone, you only get 2x EXP

This rewards and glorifies true PKers, and makes PKing both less abused, and more appealing.

Last edited by Nurvus; 10-14-2011 at 02:54 PM..

Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
nekkid
Gem Pouch Expert

Are you insa....wait,this actually makes sense. Sadly I can already hear the massive gnashing and wailing that would occur if it were ever implemented,

Old 10-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
I think I know exactly the kind of players that will be against this.

the same players who are against level ranges and the disgustingly powerful pk bonus and setup pk kills.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64 View Post
the same players who are against level ranges and the disgustingly powerful pk bonus and setup pk kills.
As reroller boon is, you can stay at a certain level range and keep feeding trophies at an accelerated rate, without fearing permadeath.
Eventually, booners bust PKers.

Honestly, level ranges should disapper partially.

By this I mean, higher levels wouldn't permakill much lower level PKs. Instead would just steal items from them like a normal PKer would from someone.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

ok a few things here, keep in mind i am a booner atm

1) i like the passive bonus, BUT i think something should be changed there. either 1 of the following options:

i) Remove passive bonus for any and all non combat related skills. as these are kept upon reroll. Hell id be fine with all boon bonus being removed from all non combat skills.

ii) Keep boon for the non combat skills, but remove the skill levels upon reroll. so you dont keep crap. you reroll, your a brand new toon again. this way you dont have any bonus with keeping skills.

2) I dont like the restriction on overskilling, and here is why:

I am 1 of the few people that didnt reroll for boon, i rerolled as i was bored with cap, and wanted something new to do. a challenge if you will. I had skills at 100 and in the high 90s before i rerolled. if this suggestion was to come into play, i would be penalized for getting my skills back to their former levels. this is the only problem i have with it.

I would go further then the suggestion, to stop a few "allowed exploits". For example, when i rerolled, instead of unSBing everything and spending a fortune, i PKKed my toon with an alt, and then PKKed that toon, and got all my gear back without spending a cent. is cheap and effective, but id consider it an exploit, and i know others do aswell.

What id suggest, was discussed in civil earlier, and i believe it is worth a look. Is to remove boon from PKers. When they are PKKed, they suffer a perma death, but in reality, they keep a bunch of skills, keep the PK bonus back to their previous exp, and are able to get there fast as all hell.

This isnt a perma death. This is nothing, all they lose in reality, is gold and time.

What id like to see, is that when they are PKKed, their previous total exp is wiped, and they are not eligable for boon. This way, there is an actual penalty for being PKKed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

You're right about the passive exp.

I actually meant only for learning skills and whatnot (non-combat stuff you keep upon rerolling).
---

As for the cap penalty: I only gave a rough idea.
Let's assume the "Boon burning" I suggest only kicks in when you're trying to overskill 25 levels beyond your own character level.
Maybe that'd be a fair number (meaning you can get to 100 skill at level 75 without being penalized).

My goal is to simply stop people from easily reaching incredible skill levels at low level with the help of boon.

This happens because when you use trophies, if you get 95% less exp, it also means you're running out of "boon" 95% slower.

So, if you rerolled from a high level toon, you can keep your boon forever if you decide to stay low level, since you're gonna "pass" on Stat exp, until you get the skill levels you want.

---
Please don't underestimate the value of gold and time.
---

As for PKer's...
1 - I think the PKer's boon should only kick in once they become PKs again after rerolling, but it should stack with PK bonus in the form of an additional 2x EXP - So if you're under a 3x PK Bonus, you'd have 5x with PK Boon; if you're under a 2x PK Bonus you'd have 4x with PK boon - only until you reach your total exp before rerolling.
(No more going PK to quickly reach high exp and then restart with massive boon.)
2 - To redeem, you should need to kill enough PKs whose total EXP is twice your own.
3 - Non-Combat skill EXP not affected by Boon/PK Bonus.
4 - If you die from forcing on a PK you should lose RT
5 - There should be no level range limit on PKKing. Permadeath would only occur from PKKs within your range. A PKK outside your range would only be able to take 3 stacks if the PK is flashing red, or 1 stack otherwise.
6 - Implement my PK suggestion from the other thread:
- Flashing Red = 4x EXP = Ultimate Risk, Ultimate Bonus, no chicken tactics
- Forcing on PKs causes them to Flash Purple instead of Red, simply preventing them from entering Town for 15 mins (superceded by Flashing Red - if you force on a PK 10 mins before his red flash ends, he stays purple 5 mins afterwards)
- When you stop flashing red you have 3x EXP, and lose 3 stacks when PKKed instead of permadeath. This lasts 3 hours.
- After the 3 hours are gone, you only get 2x EXP

This rewards and glorifies true PKers, and makes PKing both less abused, and more appealing.

Last edited by Nurvus; 10-12-2011 at 08:59 PM..

Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
Qtpie
Temporarily Suspended

Support the stoppage of 3x passive exp, do not support stoppage of overskilling.

One of the reasons I support this change is because it is eerily reminiscent of the secret pk 3x active experience, 3x passive experience. If we have a poopooface that constantly mocked the forums and insulted Glitchless, then I'm sure it would over-turned as it didn't have the intended effects.

Last edited by Qtpie; 10-12-2011 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: Troll made me do et.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #8
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Read my signature.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #9
Jacend
Neophyte

Would make sense if today was the day boon was implemented.

Nowadays, it would be a terrible idea though seeing some people have already used it to jack up their passives, some of them for a very long time. It would be impossible to catch up to them if boon was removed.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #10
lankas
Gem Pouch Expert

the only thing that is keeping me in nodiatis is boon, I can easily lvlup alts then I am borred and overskill stats for my main char.
I could assume that if boon is removed at this moment, atleast half of players will drop from nod, w/o boon there is nothing to do

Old 10-13-2011, 05:46 AM   #11
TemariChan
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankas View Post
I could assume that if boon is removed at this moment, atleast half of players will drop from nod, w/o boon there is nothing to do
this is so very true, i see so many just using boon as a way to lvl up, rerolled/die off and get back up as a way of just doing something in nod, cause once you hit cap, there is very little to do as compared to not being at cap.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
Froth
Gem Pouch Expert

It's not broken don't fix it.
It may upset you but its is what it is

Old 10-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #13
God Stomper
Gem Pouch Expert

I think boon should be removed for pk'ers at least to some extent. I like the idea that booners are now on even ground with pk'ers though. Makes it more exciting to be a pk'er.

Last edited by God Stomper; 10-14-2011 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: Oops, I wrote pkk'ers instead of pk'ers.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:19 AM   #14
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

OK, heres something some people fail to realize about boon.

1.) Alot of people already used it for ALL SKILLS. So removing it now, is unfair to new players.. and others who haven't used it.

2.) It was introduced to make the game MORE PLAYABLE. Alot of people quit and such after making a toon who was unbalanced, or underpowered.. This allows them to get back in the groove.

I don't see a reason for it to be changed for PKs at all, they earned their EXP.. believe it or not. Not their fault that noone tried to stop them..

Old 10-14-2011, 05:19 AM   #15
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakris View Post
OK, heres something some people fail to realize about boon.

1.) Alot of people already used it for ALL SKILLS. So removing it now, is unfair to new players.. and others who haven't used it.

2.) It was introduced to make the game MORE PLAYABLE. Alot of people quit and such after making a toon who was unbalanced, or underpowered.. This allows them to get back in the groove.

I don't see a reason for it to be changed for PKs at all, they earned their EXP.. believe it or not. Not their fault that noone tried to stop them..
if they have been PKKed, someone did stop em

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:59 AM   #16
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Point is, there is no reason they shouldn't be entitled to reuse ALL the exp how they like.. just like everyone else.

PKK'd or not, they earned the amount of EXP they had..
Point was if someone didn't stop them before they gained that much exp its not their fault and shouldnt be punished for it..

Old 10-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
God Stomper
Gem Pouch Expert

Yeah, except pk'ers are supposed to be at risk of losing something.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #18
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Who spoke about removing boon?
Who spoke of penalizing rerollers?
I don't even speak of penalizing overskilling.
I speak of penalizing the abuse of Boon for the purpose of overskilling.

Time is money/trophies/exp.
Usually if you overskill you wasted time/trophies/exp to get stronger.
Usually bonuses have a time limit.

Boon has an exp limit.
This limit is reached 95% slower when you get a 95% trophy penalty on overskilling. Meaning you extend Boon when overskilling.

What I'm suggesting is that you "spend" boon "normally" when overskilling WAY beyond your level.
---

As for PKers, I've edited my original post by adding what I wrote on the second.

Last edited by Nurvus; 10-14-2011 at 02:58 PM..

Old 10-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
Huggles
Epic Scholar

boon is supposed to be used to get back to where you were before reroll, but faster.

so active exp from mobs should get boost (imo 5-10x is good)
passive should keep 3x boost (it's pretty small)
trophies should be regular, not 3x.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
boon is supposed to be used to get back to where you were before reroll, but faster.

so active exp from mobs should get boost (imo 5-10x is good)
passive should keep 3x boost (it's pretty small)
trophies should be regular, not 3x.
That actually makes no sense, sorry.

The passive part I think most of us agree.

But thinking it's fair to have normal trophy rate but increased stat exp...
Honestly, did you think that through? Outleveling your skills three times as fast?

People currently struggle to keep their skills up to par with their level.
This would aggravate the situation.

The only problems with boon are:
- non-combat skill experience;
- massive overskilling.

I'm not saying overskilling 10 or 20. I'm talking above 25, where you see characters level 40 with combat skill levels in the 80s or higher.

Last edited by Nurvus; 10-15-2011 at 03:43 AM..