Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

Filters/PK Bug.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer
Default Filters/PK Bug.

Well since i am bored and decided to dont spend any more $ until i get some more game content... i decided to share some bugs that i NEVER exploited.

I am sorry for the pkrs out there but it will help you more once it gets fixed

Ever since arena came out you added a couple of filters and or modified them..the problem is simple to explain i will give you an example in 3 steps:

1)Create a new character or make sure that you use a character that the pk doesnt have in his/her buddy list.

2)Offer trade you the PK if you are too lazy to check all the towns.

3)If he is farming it will tell you right away that he is in combat lmao, does not even matter if the pkr has DND mode on ( yea that hardcore the bug is believe it or not) and if he is not farming it will tell you that player is blabla in arena or crafting blabla.

Simple right? enjoy and dont worry about the inspecting every minute to check the weight cause everyone who knows how to pk will never change his weight and add everything to storage and dont worry about asking in what town he is or even to run around the map to see if he is farming or not.

Tbh, irl.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Glitchless
Administrator

Trying to read this bug report but it's a little incoherent. Can you please specify an exact message you get when attempting to determine someone's PK status and also specify the exact message you would need to get instead to avoid being tipped off to their status? If that's what you're reporting.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

To make it simple, if the pk doesnt have you on his/her buddy list and he is farming you offer trade to him/her and it says "The person you are attempting to trade with is in combat" lol.

If hes not farming it says "That players is in arena, completely blocking, or has too recently been offered a similar request. Ask them to add you to their buddy list"

So its simple, make sure he/she doesnt have your alt or whoever you are using; in his/her buddy list and you find out right away if hes farming or not, it even overrides the DND mode.....

Old 06-06-2011, 05:52 AM   #4
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

i think that this has been reported before, i cant remember what happened, but i think it was fixed, atleast before the patch that san was talking about.

but i do remember that this was used all the time by PKKers, was a very easy and quick way of finding out if someone was farming or not.

besides making the message universal, the only other thing to do, is block trading with PKs, which would piss them off more then its worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros View Post
i think that this has been reported before, i cant remember what happened, but i think it was fixed, atleast before the patch that san was talking about.

but i do remember that this was used all the time by PKKers, was a very easy and quick way of finding out if someone was farming or not.

Yea idk what to tell you , before i post a bug i always check.
Probably i missed it but this is all i got probably you got confused by Musics thread which is different: PK+FILTERS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros View Post
besides making the message universal, the only other thing to do, is block trading with PKs, which would piss them off more then its worth
Lol just fix the filter, why in the world would you even mention the no trading with Pks thing...

Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #6
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer View Post
Yea idk what to tell you , before i post a bug i always check.
Probably i missed it but this is all i got probably you got confused by Musics thread which is different: PK+FILTERS.

Lol just fix the filter, why in the world would you even mention the no trading with Pks thing...
used to be the no trading thing, simply mentioned it as it is a possible fix, of course the best possible solution would be to fix the message and make it universal, but all options are better laid out before hand, so that we know what the possible options are, instead of thinking it will go 1 way, and then getting shocked when glitch finds a dif way

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

I personally know about this, but didn't know it would override DND mode, kind of defeats the purpose of it don't you think?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
Glitchless
Administrator

So then this is not a method to determine if someone is a PK, this is a method to determine if someone is out farming ie you use it on someone who you already know is a PK? You get a message about the person being in combat when you offer a trade regardless of their PK status. Is the only issue that you want DND status to override the combat check or is there more to it than that?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

i think the issue is you should not be able to know whether a pk is farming (out of town) or not so easily .

Old 06-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Of course Glitchless, who the hell wants to check if someone is a Pk doing that? we have Toplist for that matter.

The fact that since arena came out and new filters were added somehow in between those patches the filter would tell you if the person is farming(in combat) instead of saying "That players is in arena, completely blocking, or has too recently been offered a similar request. Ask them to add you to their buddy list" , like it used to be and like it suppose to be when you use the filter of "Block all non-buddy offers".

The problem in here is that if a pk wants to use a recall potion to go farm or hide in a remote far and not much populated town.. in order to avoid the stalkers (pkks) , the pk just cant even use the filters to avoid giving out info that he is farming... so the pkks instead of checking towns around or inspecting every minute to check the weight of the pk to determinate and kinda like.. GUESS if hes out there farming or not, THEY JUST OFFER TRADE.

The filter of "That players is in arena, completely blocking, or has too recently been offered a similar request. Ask them to add you to their buddy list. SHOULD ALWAYS APPEAR regardless of you farming or not if you know what i mean..

Old 06-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulodjohn View Post
i think the issue is you should not be able to know whether a pk is farming (out of town) or not so easily .
Like it was before, indeed.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Agreed, my PK gets hunted all the time. It's retarded for me to bother changing towns (so they have to check the towns to see if im in them or not) simply because they can simply open trade and it tells them I'm hunting...

Old 06-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
Glitchless
Administrator

It will be fixed.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Thank You, the tcs to Sanlucifer please

Last edited by Sanlucifer; 06-06-2011 at 01:24 PM..

Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlinger View Post
Sanlucifer is my main and has 10 TCs already, send to his alt, ME, instead... i r teh N!! <3
No! u pay! or try to help with bugs like this instead of exploiting them like all the other posters that never posted it and.. POST U.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
Glitchless
Administrator

Just to clarify, while we agree this was a worthwhile thing to change in the game it does not constitute an exploit. The filter system was put into place to give PK's some tools to help prevent being identified as PK's without someone having to force combat on them. It has always been the case that someone was able to tell if you were in combat or not by offering a trade to you, PK or not, and we have not until now directly taken steps to help players hide the fact they either are or aren't out farming or traveling.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

I see.... i appreciate it..., it wasnt like this before.. somehow in between some patches it got mixed, before with the non-buddy offer trade or whatever the "that person is in combat" didnt appear, only the "that person is in arena or blocking or blabla" used to appear.

For sure a lot of people exploited it as you can read in this thread hahah , just saying... probably we have 2 different definitions of exploits , u sure know whats up.

Exploit:
–verb (used with object)
to utilize, especially for profit; turn to practical account: to exploit a business opportunity.
to use selfishly for one's own ends: employers who exploit their workers.
to take advantage of (a person, situation, etc), esp unethically or unjustly for one's own ends.

No moar will to help you in ur merry way! go pay someone to find/report/fix ur "bugs/exploits".

Old 06-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #18
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

*plays smallest violin for san who didn't get a reward for finally reporting a bug he'd been using forever in hopes of getting a reward which he didn't* boo hoo

"Offer trade you the PK if you are too lazy to check all the towns." - you sure you and roif aren't the same person?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #19
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkee View Post
*plays smallest violin for san who didn't get a reward for finally reporting a bug he'd been using forever in hopes of getting a reward which he didn't* boo hoo

"Offer trade you the PK if you are too lazy to check all the towns." - you sure you and roif aren't the same person?
Hahah you again and yet, u still cant even make a good one dude.. It appears that it is not an exploit , learn to read or to make decent fights in forums, at least 1 time..

Old 06-07-2011, 02:30 AM   #20
Trojan
Seer's BFF

sOMEBODY BROKE A PROMIsE -_-

be careful of those alpha nerds !!!