Trappin
Old 08-01-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
Billkin

Default Trappin

Hey I have a question, I'm new to this but not to Rpg's. i just don't get how the trapping works. I made my character actually a trapper due to all of the confusing choices. I was gonna do beast master but when it said loincloth and mainly primitive i wasn't really intrigued anymore. But now that that's my main class I decided I wanted to try trapping, so just a few minutes ago I purchased a rodent trapper, and now it says you have to place it in the safe slot, rather than inventory. So I did, and when i was at the town i pressed place trap. Nothing happened, maybe something happened but no notification came on the screen.Then I decided to refer to the guide. All that said was to go to where you just killed an animal. So I did and again i pressed set trap and nothing at all happened. What am I doing wrong? I made this account merely for this question, and some other future questions I might have.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:54 AM   #2
LostSoul

Did you try waiting for 1-2 days before checking your trap?

Old 08-01-2008, 06:52 AM   #3
DeLeon

You have to have it in storage in the square you fought the animal. Go one west of t1 and if nothing attacks you place it in storage. Then fight something, when your done go back to storage and click set trap. It should say you have set trap, if not fight again and go back and see if it says check trap. You want to give it a day or 2 to catch something.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

so to do succesfull fast trapping you would need many traps or else you trapping rate will be low

Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
DeLeon

Good point doc

Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
Billkin

Yeah but, I don't get it it doesn't let me touch it only when I'm in castlevillie. lemme try and understand. After you kill an animal in a secluded area that i'd remember. I shoud have it kept in the inventory? then I drag it to where it normally says to drag the potion that lets you run in the middle of a battle?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Billkin

i thought i got it. IT says it has to be in the storage slot when I try and use it while it's in the inventory, but nothing at all happens when it's in the storage slot. and it looks like it'd work just like a fishing pole with it on the screen. Why would they make it this confusing? But i think i just got it to work im updating this as i'm playing. It says nothing, i just set it, and no notification comes up. It just when i go to try it again says check trap.

Last edited by Billkin; 08-01-2008 at 11:05 AM..

Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
DeLeon

No, Ok you have it in your main inventory. Put it in storage, its the little button in the bottom left hand corner it looks like a little box. It will say toggle storage. Put the trap in there, now kill another animal and after you kill it go back to the storage and select "Set Trap" and it should say the trap is set. Then come back in a day or two and check it.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
Billkin

it doesn't say that for me. it just says after i set it check trap maybe cause i took off floating messages but that shouldn't be cause other messages come up

Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #10
Adamska

Ok, to trap, you will have a trap in your inventory. Kill a creature (traps cannot be set in a town), then drag the trap from your inventory to storage on that location, and then right click the trap to set it. Come back and check your trap(s) the next day.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #11
Ehlmaris

-Buy a trap
-Go outside of town somewhere
-Put the trap in storage in that location out of town
-In that same square where you are out of town and your trap is in storage, fight a monster
-Exit looting once the monster is dead, go to your storage
-Right click the trap, click Place Trap or wtfever it says
-Do something else until the next day (day change is at 7am Eastern time - noon GMT)
-Go back to that location
-Check trap (you may have to fight in the location for it to work)

tadaa trapping.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:32 AM   #12
Mochi

bauhaha i trapped pikachu. Time to let him rot. sorry im moody right now and crazy

Old 08-04-2008, 01:51 AM   #13
Windslash

@Mochi: XD

Poor Pikachu...

LOL. No worries. We all get moody at times...it's life.