Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Old 09-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #41
Vibrissae
Boss Hunter

I think I have said worse than "ballls" in civil maybe. :P eh, that seems overkill like Rapey said, but there isn't much that you can do now. I guess you can either learn from this, or whatever. What's done is done, and no use crying over spilt milk.
Maybe there will be some rules lifted about the length of the ban, but we'll just have to see.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #42
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

I have talked with raperoo before, and while I do not watch civil 24 / 7, he seems to behave himself as well as anyone else while he speaks with me in that channel.

Bans have been reversed for other players in the past. I support one (a reversal) in this case

Old 09-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #43
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

like sexyy

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 09-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #44
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
If the ban had been from the quote in the screenshot it would be unjust, however, we have been receiving complaints about Raperoo for some time now and it comes as no surprise that a moderator has civil banned the character obviously for more than was shown in the screenshot.
Says it all. You're FAR from a first time offender, you're one of the rudest, nastiest people in nod, and not only did Glitch say it was for more than what was in the screenshot, they said they won't reverse your ban. Just drop the topic.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #45
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Actually, nobody said the ban wouldn't be reversed. Read posts and look at all content before you make yourself look silly, such as now. As a moderator, you have to be fair and just, and take into account all the details of the situation. You cannot let previous complaints obstruct a fair decision on a current issue. Aside from that, I have yet to see a single screenshot with evidence that I have been anything BUT civil in Civil chat. I have heard a few baseless arguments from people who obviously have harsh feelings against me, but absolutely no proof.

Thanks for your input, Hotshot. <3

Old 09-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #46
Megaman
Rat Slayer

Rape and I are pretty good friends, when we are talkin in civil we are just that, civil. I dont agree with this ban one bit. Rape is a good guy just has a crude sence of humor, like most of us.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #47
Claudia
Rare Collector

My 5 cents in here... roo is civil in civil chat... ALL players bend the civil rules at least once a day, but civil BAN is way too much. remove the ban glitchless... it is way too much.. leave him squelched but remove the ban after the squelch timer runs out

Roo does NOT deserve this, there were players FAR WORSE then this that go unbanned from civil

Old 09-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #48
danaarlan

IMO raperoo, even tho i like ur char, ur ban is probs deserved.
when a mod does a 24 hour squelch and a civil ban u must of been squelched a few other times im guessing, tht may be wt jeff is referring to. also your name could be classed as uncivil, but i know ppl with the last name Raper, and i also know ppl that like kangaroo's, u may be a mix of the 2.

but yeah, i reckon the only way you can get unbanned is if you send glitchless a personal email saying sorry. it can and has worked (i was once perma banned for calling jeff a name, then all chars squelched for 24 hours coz i spammed glitchless in-game (good old days when you could do tht) so yeah, i got banned, i sent jeff an email and he told me not to do it again and unbanned me)

Old 09-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #49
Caelestus
Neophyte

Ive been a long time civil watcher for over two years now (about 8 hours a day for 5 days a week while at work lol)...and Ive seen a lot of things said in civil during those years, some a lot worse than what Rape WC'd...I dont know Rape on a personal level, only from what Ive seen in civil, and he seems like he means well; however crude his humor may be, we all can relate to it and think the same way, it just goes unsaid. I believe he may have deserved the squelch, WC or not, though 24 hours may seem a bit harsh. But to have a civil ban thats just overkill...there needs to be some sort of mediation on what deserves banning or not. I for one believe Rape should be unbanned and given another chance.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #50
danaarlan

like i said, most probably a repeat offender.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #51
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaarlan View Post
like i said, most probably a repeat defender of the universe. on a personal note, he has saved my life on multiple occasions when i get myself in trouble. i'm kinda like newton from those old hercules cartoon "HERC HERC".... boobies
wth dude

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 09-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #52
Gorefists

[IC:]Me Gore no gots 2 sense but, me Gore gots pocket lints and a button so me Gore says, um, mes forgots. Ohs yeahs, me Gore gots a cookie from meatbag raperoo, raperoo Gore friend, and, mes can't sees him talkins.[/IC]

[translated] A civil chat ban is a bit much, as mentioned. Just give him a squelch as he has admitted his error. [/translated]

Old 09-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #53
farf

Here is my opinion: There is no accountability for what moderators do, and there is no outlined process for who becomes a mod. Mods can literally be anyone, and we have no idea. Taking away all of that information from a player will lead to things like this, over AND OVER AND OVER

Old 09-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #54
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by farf View Post
Here is my opinion: There is no accountability for what moderators do, and there is no outlined process for who becomes a mod. Mods can literally be anyone, and we have no idea. Taking away all of that information from a player will lead to things like this, over AND OVER AND OVER
You bring up a very valid point, Farf. How WOULD one go about reporting a mod for unfair or unjust representation of Nodiatis authority? That being said, are there even human moderators ON the servers?

Old 09-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #55
Destruction
Rare Collector

How can you act so clueless? You have been already muted 5 times, and this was your 6th one. Guess your luck ran out. Deal with it, and start following the rules.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #56
danaarlan

im pretty sure jeff knows who the moderators are. and tbh its at the moderators discretion on how to punish rule breakers. you just got one who had had a bad day

Old 09-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #57
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
How can you act so clueless? You have been already muted 5 times, and this was your 6th one. Guess your luck ran out. Deal with it, and start following the rules.
How would you know how many times I've been squelched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaarlan View Post
im pretty sure jeff knows who the moderators are. and tbh its at the moderators discretion on how to punish rule breakers. you just got one who had had a bad day
In which case the offense should be reviewed to be sure that it was done fairly. From what I can tell, the mass majority of my peers seems to feel that it was unjust punishment. That should say something.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #58
richp

I would accept a sherman unban over your unban considering how long he's been banned for. Hopefully he has had time to reflect on his mistakes and I say you need to take some time to reflect on your actions before anything is done by glitch. consider this a time out in the corner with dumass cap on.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #59
Conqueror
Rare Collector

I think Glitchless made it quite clear that the reason for the civil ban was not that screen shot. That screenshot was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Raperoo, I have seen you being rather crude in civil chat before.

The way I see it, you had it coming.

I have nothing against you.

I don't even know you.

I am just calling it how I see it.

The moderation system is fine. You break the rules. You know that there is a chance that you will get caught.

Why complain when it actually happens ? Learn to live with the consequences of your actions.

Last edited by Conqueror; 09-13-2010 at 04:09 PM..

Old 09-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #60
thatperson
Epic Scholar

lmao @ the moderation system is fine
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.