Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Regarding Angels
Old 08-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Sarahbelle

Default Regarding Angels

So, um, I chose Angel as my character type. Currently, I'm levelling in a horribly haphazard manner, and am probably making a pigs ear out of the whole thing.

These are my current stats: (i'm leaving out any which are at zero)

Level: 3.

STATS:
Melee - 4
Magic - 4
Defense - 3
Recovery - 4
Class Enhancement - 8 (reason for this is because I don't want to hit level four until I have my other skills under control.)

LEARNING:
Active Acceleration - 6
Passive Advancement - 5
Rush of Knowledge - 7
Rollover Cap - 6
Group Acumen - 6
Advanced Learning - 9
Extended Study - 9

WEAPONRY:
Slashing - 5
Piercing - 1
Critical Strike - 2
Overcrit - 2
Two Handed - 4

PROTECTION:
Suiting - 6
Blocking - 4
Parry - 2

LIFE MAGIC:
Sorcery - 4
White Magic - 5

DEATH MAGIC:
Staves - 6

BEASTMASTERY:
Petmanship - 2

ADVENTURING:
Decumberance - 1
Treasure Sense - 4
Backpacking - 4
Item Stacking - 9

As you can see, I'm all over the place in regards to stats and skills, and I just want some advice on what to concentrate on before I level up to level four and beyond....

Thanks!

Love,
Sarahbelle.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
Aireal

Angel is a spell caster so I would raise your other magic stats to give a greater gem choice. Also some of the other spell skills add to what having a staff equiped does.

Blocking is not much use if you have a staff equiped, so raise parry instead.

Critical strike and Overcrit applies to staves as well and are usefull.

You are wise not to level too fast and build up your skills some first, many don't.

My Angel is only 2nd level, but is 4-8 in most related skills. He does quite well solo.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Sarahbelle

Thank you.
I started with a sword and a shield, so I leveled Slashing and Blocking, now I'm working the staff, so am trying to raise those skills.
I thought for a moment I was crazy to not level at first, but I think it may get easier in the future with the higher skills...

Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Adamska

You'll find it harder to keep all your skills above your character level as you get higher, and I mainly just concentrate on a few main skills, such as Archery, Suiting, and Life magic skills.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
Aireal

So far, at low level, its not been a problem, which is why I am raising all my skills some now instead of waiting till I am higher level.

Plus, as long as the monsters are higher level then me, I get a lot more drops, which helps out.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
Ehlmaris

Thank you, Sarah, for choosing to forsake leveling in favor of skills. My main, Ehlmaris, is level 20 right now with over 66mil xp and almost 1000 skills. Nobody else at level 20 comes close, and the only ones with close to my skill total tend to be at least five levels over me XD

But yeah. Angels, if I recall correctly, get a big bonus to their white magic gem effects. I suggest using a staff and leveling the hell out of white magic. Green and blue magic are also good to have as support magic, maybe with a bit of red. Those four are it, though.

When it comes to stats, I would raise str, dex and pst fairly evenly. Using white magic you will be using a LOT of energy, and you want to still be able to hit with the staff sometimes. Magic stats - I suggest pumping cnc and int, with int getting twice as much as everything else. Defense stats, get agi and cnt raised evenly, and always make sure they come out to at least 105 + your level. Recovery I wouldn't worry about too much.

Gems, I suggest having 1/3 of your gem pouch being repeater heals. 1/3 needs to be damage gems: either DoT or DD spells. The last 1/3 needs to be support gems. Try getting the Red Magic aura, which adds to spell damage; the energy heal; the mana heal; the white, green, and blue auras; and, of course, some Resurrections.

Combat skills: Weaponry - Two Handed, Critical Strike, Overcrit. Protection - Suiting, Parry, Combat Recovery, Impedance. Beast Mastery - Petmanship, Predacity, Wound. These ten skills are where your combat trophies are going.

Magic skills: Life Magic - Sorcery, White Magic, Green Magic, Mental Conservation. Death Magic - Diabolism, Red Magic, Staves, Sleight Of Hand, Destruction. Psych Magic - Mind Bending, Blue Magic, Wizardry, Divination. Thirteen skills for all your spirit trophies; if you have trouble keeping them all up, Diabolism, Mind Bending, Red Magic, Blue Magic and Green Magic are not that important. White Magic, Sorcery, and all the support skills that say anything about having a staff equipped are.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
Sarahbelle

*squeegasm!*
Thanks Ehlmaris for that indepth analysis! *bounces happily*
I'll let you know by tomorrow what my current skills set is - I've been working as best I can on things, but have been lagging behind in some areas.

Much love,
Sarah.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:12 AM   #8
Hopilus
Epic Scholar

i run an angel, and if i do say so myself, one of the best in the game at this point. my advice, is start off getting white, green and blue magic all to lvl 10. then getting the lvl 13 stave. white magic is important for healing and dots. green and blue for energy and mana repair. if you wing it right, you will have an unlimited amount of mana and energy for casting.
what i will offer, is if you need any help, message me in game and i will be more than happy to help you out and give you pointers.
also, sleight of hand is helpful. and lvl 10 wizardry is a must. lvling petmanship up is very helpful, due to the fact that at lvl 18, you can equip the chipmunk for the added healing. also, have a resurrection in your inventory at all times. (so you won't be surprised when you have to revive your teammates. -.-) mental conservation (in white magic) is helpful.
as for leveling your stats, i would suggest investing in dex and pst for melee, cnc and mst for magic, dur and cnc for defense (occasionally dropping some into agi) and leveling up your recovery stats as needed. (depending on which one you use the most and regens the slowest)
due to the level 20 skills, i would advise keeping combat recovery up. (there are skills later on that help to recover energy and mana)
and above all else, have a stave equipped. the benefits from it are phenominal later on. and you will regret it if you dont. (you lose out on ALOT of skills if you dont)
thats my 2 cents, and if you want any more help, feel free to contact me.
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Last edited by Hopilus; 08-27-2008 at 04:17 AM..

Old 08-27-2008, 04:13 AM   #9
Hopilus
Epic Scholar

(and dont listen to ehl when making an angel, he doesnt have one. :P) love you mattipoo. *hugs*
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:16 AM   #10
Hopilus
Epic Scholar

and one more thing...Ehl is wrong. green and blue magic are essential to a good angel....how else do you plan on keeping up the healing or damage during battle?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #11
Ehlmaris

I said they're not as important as white, but should be leveled when you have time... ugh, women.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #12
Sarahbelle

Dear Miss Hopilus,
Thank you or your advice. I hadnt checked the forums for a few days, but a friend of yours (Uh...named...um...hang on, I had it....no...it's gone. Crud.) messaged me in-game and told me you'd posted.

Hugs and bubbles,
Sarah.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #13
Hopilus
Epic Scholar

but matt, they are just as important as white.....granted though, white should be your priority, then wizardry, then green and blue. *shrugs* works for my angel.