Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Couple random ideas/thoughts
Old 12-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Default Couple random ideas/thoughts

#1.1 Ok so PvP is getting to the point where it's ok...still need to work on a few things like, oh, agi being more important and the likes...those are all in other threads. I'm wondering tho...there's arrow rain(archer skill) and DD to all(caster gems)and there's outbreak(skill for DoTs to hit all enemies). 99% of the game...is against 1 mob, or 1 boss. You get the occasional PvP group fight or duel, especially in a clan war, but these skills/items seem very under used. It was brought up in a really old thread...but why is there no option to fight multiple mobs at once? Could there not be an option to face 2 or 3 mobs at a time somehow?

Idea #1: Give 2 mobs appearing a 10-15% chance of occuring, and give 3 mobs appearing a 1-3% chance of occuring. Boss fights excluded.
Idea #2: If fighting in a group of 2, encounter 1 or 2 mobs 50% each. If fighting in a group of 3, encounter 1, 2, or 3 mobs 33.3% each. Boss fights excluded.
Idea #3: Either #1 or #2, but with the following: If fighting a group of 2, one is the "leader" and is full strength, the 2nd is a "minion" or "youngling" and has 75% in all categories(hp/damage/bloodlet/ac/etc). If fighting a group of 3, again, one is the "leader," and the 2nd and 3rd are "minions" at 75% or perhaps 66.67% strength. Boss fights excluded.
Possible deathwish #4: Add a minion or two to bosses...or simply a mob from that area. Don't worry, I can see the groaning and moaning already But, we're supposed to group up for bosses right? As is...3 ppl of lvl X fighting boss X+5 can take it down in no time...unless they have horrible equip/skills.

Pros: This would give those "to all enemies" skills/gems some use in PvE combat. As is, very few casters have any damage to all gems...unless they know they're gonna be in group PvP combat. Archers and DoT casters can forgo those skills until their clan starts a war, and then madly lvl them. Otherwise, they're worthless to a majority of the player base. Also, this is a MMO right? Aren't we supposed to work together...at least some? I feel like this would greatly help that idealogy of an MMO. The xp total and trophy drops would of course increase accordingly...and then be divided as always.

Cons: I realize that at lvl cap...this could be a real pain, especially fighting blacks++. This could also be a pain to beginning players...encountering 2(or 3) crabs for the first time might be a little much the first time through. The percentages could be adjusted, perhaps based on player lvl or zone?

#1.2. To somewhat go along with this, could be becuase of #1 or on it's own. Pets that heal you to full health when full health attack the enemy, but for minimal damage(fire and ice excluded). In a group however, you can use gems to heal your allies, but not pets. I'm thinking pets should be able to have their own friendly target in battle, or simply auto check to heal allies if their "owner" is at full health. This way, 3 players with chippies can really have 1 tank going. Is this too OP or not? 6 healing pets at 30+ could easily keep a party member healed...but with multiple enemies this could easily be overcome as well. Would love to hear some thoughts.

I don't wanna start a new thread for a few little things, so here they are:

-why do a few bows have AC counts? Namely the 16, 42, 67, and 89

-have another adventuring skill, maybe 40+ since they're lacking that increases the amount you can carry...with a full screen of inventory slots and even with decum at 40+, it's still way to easy to become encumbered imo, especially for users with accel. Possibly +1 or +2 per lvl just like decum?

-all auras have pretty noticeable effects in combat...with the exception of damage negation. perhaps change the color of damage when hit? just something that irks me personally...i don't know if any of you care or not

-i myself don't iggy very many people(exception full on spammers of course), but occasionally when farming will iggy all Ns or turn of civil. could there be an option to have an exceptions list? or perhaps ignore all Ns or under 5s except those on buddy list? something of the likes, i know a few people have mentioned similar things in passing in civil/clan chats.

-option to scroll the game screen(not the map), a little to see where towns/group members are around you without opening the map? this could be done by left-clicking anywhere not on your square or the surrounding 4..and dragged some, perhaps to a limit of when your face is at the edge of the map? i know for one as i explore new parts of the map i like to look around...but have a limited view of 6 squares away in any direction. would love to have it expanded.

Ok, flame, troll, support, dislike, etc time. Enjoy

Old 12-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormguardian View Post
#1.1 ok so pvp is getting to the point where it's ok...still need to work on a few things like, oh, agi being more important and the likes...those are all in other threads. I'm wondering tho...there's arrow rain(archer skill) and dd to all(caster gems)and there's outbreak(skill for dots to hit all enemies). 99% of the game...is against 1 mob, or 1 boss. You get the occasional pvp group fight or duel, especially in a clan war, but these skills/items seem very under used. It was brought up in a really old thread...but why is there no option to fight multiple mobs at once? Could there not be an option to face 2 or 3 mobs at a time somehow?

Idea #1: Give 2 mobs appearing a 10-15% chance of occuring, and give 3 mobs appearing a 1-3% chance of occuring. Boss fights excluded.
Idea #2: If fighting in a group of 2, encounter 1 or 2 mobs 50% each. If fighting in a group of 3, encounter 1, 2, or 3 mobs 33.3% each. Boss fights excluded.
Idea #3: Either #1 or #2, but with the following: If fighting a group of 2, one is the "leader" and is full strength, the 2nd is a "minion" or "youngling" and has 75% in all categories(hp/damage/bloodlet/ac/etc). If fighting a group of 3, again, one is the "leader," and the 2nd and 3rd are "minions" at 75% or perhaps 66.67% strength. Boss fights excluded.
Possible deathwish #4: Add a minion or two to bosses...or simply a mob from that area. Don't worry, i can see the groaning and moaning already but, we're supposed to group up for bosses right? As is...3 ppl of lvl x fighting boss x+5 can take it down in no time...unless they have horrible equip/skills.

Pros: This would give those "to all enemies" skills/gems some use in pve combat. As is, very few casters have any damage to all gems...unless they know they're gonna be in group pvp combat. Archers and dot casters can forgo those skills until their clan starts a war, and then madly lvl them. Otherwise, they're worthless to a majority of the player base. Also, this is a mmo right? Aren't we supposed to work together...at least some? I feel like this would greatly help that idealogy of an mmo. The xp total and trophy drops would of course increase accordingly...and then be divided as always.

Cons: I realize that at lvl cap...this could be a real pain, especially fighting blacks++. This could also be a pain to beginning players...encountering 2(or 3) crabs for the first time might be a little much the first time through. The percentages could be adjusted, perhaps based on player lvl or zone?

i like the idea of option 1 ... Would be nice to be able to fight multiple mobs solo or grouped

#1.2. To somewhat go along with this, could be becuase of #1 or on it's own. Pets that heal you to full health when full health attack the enemy, but for minimal damage(fire and ice excluded). In a group however, you can use gems to heal your allies, but not pets. I'm thinking pets should be able to have their own friendly target in battle, or simply auto check to heal allies if their "owner" is at full health. This way, 3 players with chippies can really have 1 tank going. Is this too op or not? 6 healing pets at 30+ could easily keep a party member healed...but with multiple enemies this could easily be overcome as well. Would love to hear some thoughts.

ive had this same thought .... Pets are sitting there doing little to nothing if your not being targetted so why not make them target whoever your targetting with your magic....a toggle-able option for this is a nice idea also

i don't wanna start a new thread for a few little things, so here they are:

-why do a few bows have ac counts? Namely the 16, 42, 67, and 89

i always assumed ac just counted as a stat

-have another adventuring skill, maybe 40+ since they're lacking that increases the amount you can carry...with a full screen of inventory slots and even with decum at 40+, it's still way to easy to become encumbered imo, especially for users with accel. Possibly +1 or +2 per lvl just like decum?

i love this idea but i would suggest since it is suggested to be a 40+ skill thus taking 3x the exp to lvl its be 3x as effective (kinda like backpacking and packmule) so 6 rocks per level

-all auras have pretty noticeable effects in combat...with the exception of damage negation. Perhaps change the color of damage when hit? Just something that irks me personally...i don't know if any of you care or not

what?

-i myself don't iggy very many people(exception full on spammers of course), but occasionally when farming will iggy all ns or turn of civil. Could there be an option to have an exceptions list? Or perhaps ignore all ns or under 5s except those on buddy list? Something of the likes, i know a few people have mentioned similar things in passing in civil/clan chats.

i personally have mentioned this before i like the idea as theres tends to be a multitude of n spammers i would like to be able to iggy all ns cept my friends who happen to be ns

-option to scroll the game screen(not the map), a little to see where towns/group members are around you without opening the map? This could be done by left-clicking anywhere not on your square or the surrounding 4..and dragged some, perhaps to a limit of when your face is at the edge of the map? I know for one as i explore new parts of the map i like to look around...but have a limited view of 6 squares away in any direction. Would love to have it expanded.

ive thought of this many times but it kinda makes sense that we can only look as far as the screen shows...your field of vision only reaches so far and you cant zoom in normal day to day activities ...would be nice to have a more detailed map tho

ok, flame, troll, support, dislike, etc time. Enjoy
flame flame flame troll troll troll support support support dislike dislike ...whatever else i can think of whatever else i can think of whatever else i can think of
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.