Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Master Gem List & DPS/HPS Chart v1.0
Old 11-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
Nomicon

Default Master Gem List & DPS/HPS Chart v1.0

Resource removed due to complainers and whiners.

All fixed!

Last edited by Nomicon; 12-02-2009 at 03:22 AM..

Old 11-04-2009, 02:58 AM   #2
Nomicon

Fixed Broken Link, sorry

Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 AM   #3
Kerrlahg
Gem Pouch Expert

I don't mean to be rude or insinuate foul play, but excel spreadsheets may be able to compromise a computer with a virus or trojan. Linking directly (kinda) to potentially dangerous files is usually frowned upon.

I'm sure this file is clean, but I have not checked it. Next time, link to an intermediate page, provide a checksum, link through a trusted file portal (I'm not sure if mediafire provides virus scanning on upload), or provide some other proof or validity. Many established forum members will avoid downloading a potentially dangerous file from a relatively new member.

We appreciate your effort, but providing proof of validity and cleanliness will help you share your work with all.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:13 AM   #4
Nomicon

No ones forcing ya to click on the link buddy, took me several hours to put this together and its extremely handy for gem selection and skill path choices for a caster.

"Not to be rude or cry foul play"

but seriously

Get some balls and click the link, its just an excel spreadsheet...

Old 11-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #5
Kerrlahg
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomicon View Post
No ones forcing ya to click on the link buddy, took me several hours to put this together and its extremely handy for gem selection and skill path choices for a caster.

"Not to be rude or cry foul play"

but seriously

Get some balls and click the link, its just an excel spreadsheet...
I did click the link, and this xlsx doesn't fully work in OpenOffice.org.

I received the following errors for the listed columns:
Sheet 1:
  • None
Sheet 2:
  • Max DPS (Column N) - Error 508: Pair MIssing (One or more brackets are missing)
  • Avg DPS (Column O) - Error 508: Pair Missing (One or more brackets are missing)
  • Efficiency (Column Q) - Error 508: Pair Missing (One or more brackets are missing)
  • Overall (Column R) - Error 509: Operator Missing (An operator between parameters is missing [ex: 2(1+2) needs to be 2*(1+2)])
Sheet 3:
  • Max DPS (Column L) - Error 508: Pair MIssing (One or more brackets are missing)
  • Avg DPS (Column M) - Error 508: Pair Missing (One or more brackets are missing)
  • Efficiency (Column N) - Error 508: Pair Missing (One or more brackets are missing)
  • Overall (Column O) - Error 509: Operator Missing (An operator between parameters is missing [ex: 2(1+2) needs to be 2*(1+2)])

I'm not worried about myself, I'm just educating some people who may not know it could be potentially hazardous, and I'm also trying to help you at the same time. I'm aware you spent a considerable amount of time on this. I'm sure the community will appreciate your efforts. I just wanted to help you share this with everybody.

I am passing this warning on because Glitchless has posted before about how these files could be dangerous, warned everyone to avoid downloading files from other players, and also locked a thread which provided a utility for counting the number of item drops just because it was an executable.

Just trying to help and inform here.

Additionally, I will host the file if you need a more permanent home for the file.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
Nomicon

Wierd, i get no errors whatsoever in 2007, looks like open office is a little pickier than excel. I double checked the parentheses and removed some extra ones in order to try and correct the `error`. It should be a little cleaner, now try it out again. I am sure the operand error is a result of the first equation not being defined in open office.

thanks for the hosting offer, but this mediafire thing works fine its easy and safe for now I'll keep using it unless everyone has objections. Whether it is linking a file on your server, or one of my own... there has to be some trust at some point. I also I do not feel comfortable direct linking to any of my own servers, and I don't see how this would be any more secure than media fire.

I may add a calculator to help with gem bag selection.... but thats a big job, although i don`t think it would be too hard just tedious. Also, it might not even get used too much, how many people would take the time to select 50 gems from the list?

i will try a short crack at it here and see how much work it will be.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
gailenstryker
Rare Collector

07 has features newer versions don't have...... choose a new format dude.

Just remember Today's raincheck is tomorrows' Golden Shower.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
Nomicon

and what do you suggest? Did you even try it out?

Old 11-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
sherman

Nomicon, I am just going to suggest that you should try to be less condescending and rude to the players that give suggestions and advice to help make your file easier to use and access.

Yes, I understand you spent copious amounts of time on the sheet, but it means nothing if people cannot easily access it.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #10
Nomicon

I updated the sheet to include a gembag calculator, with consumption and regeneration ratio graphs as well as a combined Damage and healing gem chart to make it even easier.

I think most calculations are correct, with the exception of overall DPS/HPS. I couldnt rationalize it into an equation easily.

As it stands now, the Overal DPS is calculated by the sum of all AVG DPS's in the bag, divided by the number of gems.....I don't think this is right, but if someone else has better math ill plug it in.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #11
Pasterqb

I agree with Kerr i was like WTF that site alone gave me popups. Chrism FTW.