Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Old 12-30-2014, 11:58 PM   #21
Nomicon
Crab Defiler

great idea till u get taunted, and the other two toons have the gem as well

really only solution is to shatter and apoc.

and regardless even if it works i have to switch to dotter now.

40m for epic dotter pouch easy....lucky if u get it that cheap

Gonna be huge cost cuz of one gem.

Its so cheesy... and theres invulnerable pvp toons now, even if its temporary, its still lame.

I dont wanna start an argument with anyone about this, everyone has a right to their own opinion...

It is what it is and glitch aint gonna change it but it sure does suck i feel like a lot of hardwork just got flushed down the toilet for this toon on a whim.

Last edited by Nomicon; 12-31-2014 at 12:11 AM..

Old 12-31-2014, 12:00 AM   #22
Brother
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Can't target if taunted.
At which point the guy just has gemhaste aside from splintering arrows, outbreaks, AoE gems, and LG procs?

My brain hurts

Old 12-31-2014, 12:24 AM   #23
Master
Boss Hunter

I hate to admit it but I'm a conspirased.... I think that glitch wants everyone to quit his game. This is bullcrap at its finest

Old 12-31-2014, 01:15 AM   #24
Akilthedestroyer
Seer's BFF

Guys, guys... Jeff has a lot of Legendary gear waiting to be released SLOWLY into the system. Please, chill and continue gaming. Sometime later, something or the other will come up. Till then, stock pile on gold for the "better" gear. I really see this game running on some sort of cycle. Anyone heard of the Wheel of Fortune? Relax.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:18 AM   #25
Nomicon
Crab Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilthedestroyer View Post
Guys, guys... Jeff has a lot of Legendary gear waiting to be released SLOWLY into the system. Please, chill and continue gaming. Sometime later, something or the other will come up. Till then, stock pile on gold for the "better" gear. I really see this game running on some sort of cycle. Anyone heard of the Wheel of Fortune? Relax.
Well see how u feel when your toon takes an 87% pvp nerf on a whim...

it honestly mise well be 100, there is no difference between 87 percent and 100 if a person even has one timmy

Old 12-31-2014, 02:23 AM   #26
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomicon View Post
Happy to see a new LG gem in the game finally... but wow this is kind of exteme caster nerf. Wheres the LG DD / DOT?

This gem just made:

- epic gem pouches cost twice as much, which were already about 40m to start with
- DD casters be half as effective in pvp.. or worse

Why even bother putting AOE in the game if it can be instantly nullified? i can see a dmg reduction but 87%?

Glitch do u hate casters now?

Happy for melee chars but for non melee classes like me its a pretty big slap in the face....

Watch this post will be ignored and poo pood cuz there are hardly any pure casters like me anyways.

I think if melee class had to pay double LG weapon prices, and have 87% dmg resistance against them...thered be a problem.

A compromise would be 50% dmg reduction cap. Thats 50/50 both sides of the argument.

And still no LG DD or DOT... nothing to balance it here.

Brutal.
Doesn't affect dots much since they go on the person targeted.

As for dd won't affect single target dd at all.

aoe dd melee and archers got nerfed though.

Also...it gives 50% draw haste. You can cast full speed with it so you can use it as well as your opponents. imo a caster buff (with the exception of aoe obviously) if anything since now you can't kill them with aoe and gotta go through their tank.

Last edited by Blaze; 12-31-2014 at 02:40 AM..

Old 12-31-2014, 04:59 AM   #27
Atropos
Rare Collector

whiners

Old 12-31-2014, 06:06 AM   #28
Mistress
Temporarily Suspended

40 mil for epic pouch where LOL i got 100 mil in 1 of mine and its not even full yet

Old 12-31-2014, 06:33 AM   #29
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

The gem makes tanks more useful by eliminating some of the AoE damage that's constantly being thrown out. Look at the beast, tank might taunt him by does it matter? Still uses 12k AoEs.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:10 AM   #30
LadyGaGya
Boss Hunter

this gem just nullifies aoe, in any case , apocs away!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #31
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

I think this gem has given an advantage to 2h users without the melee splitting gems and also to dot casters. As it will encourage the use of tanks. Dot casters more so than anyone else. For those that say dd caster as well, there is still too much ways in nerfing their damage (high cnt). Its hard to reduce dot damage without having %mit gear, cnt will cause resists but wont lower the actual damage if it hits like it does to dd.

I also find this an extremely unusual gem to bring out. Especially since the topic of nerfing reg, and arena was discussed so recently and a majority was in favor of the change. There is no counter only shatter, apo (not many can use) or have one yourself, as the upkeep is minimal you might as well say there is no upkeep as it will never fail.

This combined with reg will make arena fights last even longer now, making it in my eyes even more boring and uneventful. Most of the fight with top teams nothing much happens for a while anyway with regen been utilized, now this gem will add to that "down time" where attacking is not that rewarding.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:36 AM   #32
Glitchless
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulodjohn View Post
I think this gem has given an advantage to 2h users without the melee splitting gems and also to dot casters. As it will encourage the use of tanks. Dot casters more so than anyone else. For those that say dd caster as well, there is still too much ways in nerfing their damage (high cnt). Its hard to reduce dot damage without having %mit gear, cnt will cause resists but wont lower the actual damage if it hits like it does to dd.

I also find this an extremely unusual gem to bring out. Especially since the topic of nerfing reg, and arena was discussed so recently and a majority was in favor of the change. There is no counter only shatter, apo (not many can use) or have one yourself, as the upkeep is minimal you might as well say there is no upkeep as it will never fail.

This combined with reg will make arena fights last even longer now, making it in my eyes even more boring and uneventful. Most of the fight with top teams nothing much happens for a while anyway with regen been utilized, now this gem will add to that "down time" where attacking is not that rewarding.
This is accurate. The gem is being modified to match its intent rather than being a tool for regeners.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:50 AM   #33
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

I think the change is a good compromise which will result in more tactics becoming viable and more diversity among teams, which for me is a huge +

Old 12-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #34
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Still going to be 2 dotters and a tank on every team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #35
Master
Boss Hunter

Yea huggles... Cant really use aoe dd or melee dd with aura that causes you to infact use LESS damage on top of the other gem the enemy will use, or archers with arrow rain. With the enemy taking 80+% less damage probably over 100% if you include angelic and all that jazz. No one will be able to vamp mana or energy off them. They wont be taking anything for damage so no need for regen anyway and dotters will be able to use gift of light anyway which will be plenty of heals to top them selfs off as well as even keeping the tanker toped off.

This is a pure dot buff. Dot is not only the most op dps in pvp as is but it is now the only single targeted build that has a chance at taking these tankers out now a days.
Ive spent this whole morning drafting up ideas and sadly with the opposing team using these, especially a team like OA that already has a OP healer and OP tank. A team like cy who has a dotter " all that is needed now" a team that was by far dominating this season for the win just lost it all together if they dont change and buy a full dot pouch, a full heal pouch and morphing gear and restoning which adds up to hundreds of millions of gold. This is what I would call arena fixing in its finest... Throwing fights? nah... glitch just topped every way of fixing arena by yet again releasing such a item before the season ended.

Back to agreeing with you huggles... You are absolutely right.. Dotters got buffed again and glitch intention of making a tank a tank again will yet again fail because I bet that the tanks just stick with regen seems how they wont be using that gem anyway. A healer however can use it pretty well

Old 12-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #36
Nomicon
Crab Defiler

Quote:
This is accurate. The gem is being modified to match its intent rather than being a tool for regeners.
Glitch.. you've introduced invulnerable pvp chars and upped the cost of playing the game 2 fold for casters, at least.

plus an 87% damage nerf on pvp DD.

its too much, and it completely trivializes the hard work and money I've put into my character.

If this stands ill be voting with my wallet the game is obviously a f***ing joke to you.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #37
Glitchless
Administrator

The level of irrationality in this thread is impressive. Amidst the rhetoric, a few specific claims were made that are simply false. An "87% nerf to DD" is probably the best example, as this would mean you were somehow casting your DDs on a target that neither you nor any of your teammates were targeting. How or why DD would be chosen as a victim of this new gem, there is no telling.

As for the claim that it's a DoT buff, that also seems silly. DoT is the only damage that happens after the targeting, giving the defending team the choice to switch taunters after you've committed your DoTs to a specific target. This gem makes viable again teams that used gems that were the original counter to DoTs, now that healers can be protected by tanks.

This is a gem that makes traditional tanks viable again, and also has some interesting PvE potential. Please be rational and stop with the over the top self-victimization.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #38
Master
Boss Hunter

I know the potential. I'm simply frustrated with you releasing this at the end of a arena season. Can't say that is irrational for me to think that way

Old 12-31-2014, 02:44 PM   #39
>.>
Auction Master

He is aiming more towards the sky is falling people like nomicon.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #40
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
The level of irrationality in this thread is impressive.
I say pretty much the same thing every time I read the comments on any website