Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

arena season 9
Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
NoRemorse
Seer's BFF

Default arena season 9

Nice glitch wipe it all out for what people during pilgrimage worked hard for and used tcs to get out, not a good way to motivate people. Do this after this season 9 when new titles are given not directly at the start.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

IMO.... good changes overall... but titles should be permenant, not a temporary cosmetic. Once an arena champion, always a champion. People should know, just by mouse-over, not having to go to tops list, that what that toon has achieved is among the best of the best.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

agreed RT.

I personally think gladiators and above should keep title. But if this isn't possible, atleast champions should be champions forever

Old 07-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
dOWNer
Temporarily Suspended

think of all the server space he will save not having to keep track of your titles , you all are being selfish

Old 07-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
zenga
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

rank 1 titles should be permanent, all the rest your be only valid for the season following on the season you earned the titles

Old 07-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Glitchless
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noremorse View Post
Nice glitch wipe it all out for what people during pilgrimage worked hard for and used tcs to get out, not a good way to motivate people. Do this after this season 9 when new titles are given not directly at the start.
Not sure exactly what you are complaining about. Titles are going to be wiped at the end of arena season 9, not before. And it effects everyone equally, we're not singling out lowly pilgrims.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
Zan
Gem Pouch Expert

Judging by this season ratings, only cyress team would be able to temper 8x's with the new rule, but as the new one starts, many others that grinded tokens have full 8x suits, which wont be obtained so easily now.
For those who prepared in 8th season to win the 9th, comparing with those who were going to do the preparation on this one who is about to begin, the temper changes are going to represent a huge headstart that cant be obtained like before.
With this change what should be wiped is not only the titles, but the previous tempers.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
Glitchless
Administrator

Ratings overall will be slightly higher than previous seasons due to the different ratios by which the ratings gains/losses have been reduced. We would not expect to see only 1 team over 3k this next season.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
-Ryiah-
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to -Ryiah-

If you check previous arena seasons, you will see that most seasons at least 3 or 4 teams got over 3k ratings before the 8x temper at end of season was introduced. Im happy for the changes ty glitch for making arena competitive again

Old 07-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #10
Oneangel
Rare Collector

I like these changes, makes way more sense and should up the competitiveness. Football teams can only call themselves champions for the season after the one they won, though records of past success will always be there if people need to reminisce about past glory.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 07-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
Dennisthemenace
Boss Hunter

The previous in between week allowed any and all to temper 8 with enough tokens... I liked that cause it made it possible for anyone to achieve said tempers 8. In this and previous seasons we have seen few teams that passed 3k tokens making it possible under the new rule to temper 8. Those teams have become less over time since arena seasons have been shorter and shorter (thank you for that cause arena seasons got boring as hell for bigger teams waiting too long for new fights).

However we are now back it seems to the reason the really big tempers period was introduced int the 1st place for all..... so ALL can achieve it and not the few trully powerfull top arena teams that only get stronger with something others can not reach/get.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #12
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

you can reach it too, it just may take more than a couple seasons

Old 07-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

This is definitely the best solution

1. I hated the fact that any old joe can get 8x temper,
2. If temper does have a rating restriction, then yea ur right the strong will only get stronger.

Now, not just anybody can get tempers, but atleast you can always move up slowly.

This is very fair I love it.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert

eh, finaly something i suggest glitch actually accept, slightly different but.......

can i get blue tc-s for it

Old 08-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #15
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Once a champion, always a champion. Like if you were President, people will always call you President.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
Master
Boss Hunter

I was actually bored at work the other day and did research..... Gladiators got to keep their titles even still.... People would call the champions, champions and slave, slave and so on... until the day they died. They didn't have to "prove" them selves because just like in todays world you have vets like my self with their battle scars... Don't think it would be fair to call a vet a soldier just because he hasn't deployed into a combat zone recently.

BUT HEY! im not gonna bother trying to ask for any changes anymore.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #17
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

I am sad that I will lose my title after just getting it. But hey worse has happened, like how Cyress got completely jipped on his OP staff... imo that staff should have dropped maybe 1-2 month from now, to give Cyress some quality time alone with it

Old 08-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #18
Border201
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorbladestorm View Post
I am sad that I will lose my title after just getting it. But hey worse has happened, like how Cyress got completely jipped on his OP staff... imo that staff should have dropped maybe 1-2 month from now, to give Cyress some quality time alone with it
Are you suggesting Cyress play with his "Staff" alone???

Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
Monu
Gem Pouch Expert

*insert picture of justin bieber* /sparks debate in forums.

This singer approves of George Takei's message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphoomZhah View Post
Didnt know I couldnt trade irl for things in Nod =( I just traded my gf for a stack of trophys.. i wanted those trophys but now I usde them and want my gf back.. its all ur fault.. U MUST to find me another gf

]

Old 08-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
jaym
Gem Pouch Expert

hmmm