Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

need help plz, internet trouble
Old 10-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
Ranadraug

Default need help plz, internet trouble

ok, have been playing since 15th. no probs w/speed but for some reason, glancing at cpu usage, bar showing mb being used steadily climbing higher till filled then shuts down net page and restarts. noticed in gameplay that core 1 and 2 would go high occasionally, doing so causes usage of ram to go higher till, as said earlier, fills bar then restarts. also noticed in task manager under processes, that it would show memory being used by ie, steadily climbing higher and higher. mostly reaching over 1,000,000k. doesnt do it w/any other games i play or searching in this sites' forums. so it cant b the site... what was also weird was one time noticed java icon on bottom right of taskbar. on a whim, i clicked on arrow for hidden icons and saw nearly 8 java icons. have no idea y. asked several plyers of prob. one suggested it could b overheating. a few others admitted, this game is only one that causes their pcs to work a bit harder than usual. pc is dad's. dont know much about it cept its a lil over yr old. cant find where to locate its stats on processor and such. know local disk is around 95gbs free space left. i'm not running any other programs besides game. firefox, forget it. for some reason it hates this pc. goes very slow. using ie7. anyhelp will b appreciated. i hate having to go thru this while i'm playing, esp when in battle and log in to b dead

Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
Decker

first you could try set affinity in the task manager for firefox or ie just incheck cpu 0 or 1 so its only running on 1 core.
your java memory is filling up and crashing FF/IE which is why you see those java icon in the task bar that are extras. next time you open FF/IE clear private data, close it then start it up again before going to nodiatis.com . you can also open the java console and hit x to clear the class loader before going to the site, i' also recommend restarting the browser after doing that too.

if neitehr or doing both of those don't work maybe its a memory leak/hardware side... sometimes updating all your hardware drivers can fix something like that other than that it will come down to replacing culprit... could be video card but most likely the memory modules or mother board.

GL getting it working.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
Ranadraug

lol, ok knock me across the head here, but private data meaning deleting browsing history? and java console, where's that at? i know, right? am pc illiterate. need pc 101. or 000. lol. laymans terms plz. did figure out task mgr part tho. but still seeing both cores being used. when opened task mgr both were checked under ie.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
Ranadraug

forgot to add that i made sure only 1 was checked

Old 10-19-2008, 07:02 AM   #5
Decker

i think IE still calls it cache. clear that.
right click the java icon , open console.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #6
Valiumandritalin
Auction Master

Was hoping for something along the lines of:

"help plz, internetz r keel mi !!"

But no, you just had to let me down.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
Ranadraug

ok, looked in menu of ie. did not see cache anywhere. lately no java icons have been appearing. also noticed when i'm playing game, tower makes funny noise. but if i switch to another tab and say go to yahoo, it stops. but when i click on tab for game, it starts again. this thing is driving me nuts! and both cores are still being used. dont know y.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #8
Decker

sorry man thats all i got. maybe you got a friend that knows how to use a computer and can get him to help you, but if you want me to come look at your computer for you, I'll gladly throw it out the window for you so you go buy a new one...

Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
powaqa

on ie it's under tools i believe under the internet options things browsing history

Old 10-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #10
Ranadraug

lol hey Decker, would love for u to do that but its not mine . the pc is just over a yr. outdated already, huh? darn technology. i'd actually like to take it in the desert and use it for target shooting . well, what do u have that makes run good? praps i'll buy my own. lol
no seriously. wdya got?

and powaqa, were u speaking of browsing history? cuz i tried that already. talked w/someone online today, and they said game more than likely takes more memory than it ought. i hope they fix that soon.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:51 AM   #11
powaqa

several options under browsing history, my isp always tells me that's the issue when my isp dumps me usually i just go in and clear the temp internet files under the tools, internet options, sub browse history sub temp files

Old 10-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #12
zenga
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

I had the same/similar issue as Ranadraug, despite having a bleeding edge machine. Couldn't run 2 instances of nodiatis at the same time. Now I must say that I have no idea how it works on windows, but on Linux I fixed it by editing my jvm config file, i.e. it loads the applet into client mode instead of server mode. Now I can run as many nod instances as i want smoothly. So you might want to check your java settings.

On a side note, have you tried turning off any active security software on your comp to see if it makes a difference?

Old 10-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #13
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranadraug View Post
lol hey Decker, would love for u to do that but its not mine . the pc is just over a yr. outdated already, huh? darn technology. i'd actually like to take it in the desert and use it for target shooting . well, what do u have that makes run good? praps i'll buy my own. lol
no seriously. wdya got?

and powaqa, were u speaking of browsing history? cuz i tried that already. talked w/someone online today, and they said game more than likely takes more memory than it ought. i hope they fix that soon.
i run an amd 4200+ dual core. system with 3gigs of ram, 7800 gtco (gt drivers because that what i can get to work.... waste of 70$.) 3x 500gigs, ausu a8n32-sli deluxe(worst "kick ass"{f*** you pc gamer} mobo i ever got). but it runs with TLC and good understanding of hardware issues.

want a good PC to run under windows xp, don't spend more than $800. you could get a good system to run vista for around 800$. I've heard of worse systems trple boxing. hell you could build a system better than mine for around $400 minus the storage space.