Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Uncivil or Off Topic
Forgot?

Looking to buy laptop
Old 08-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Default Looking to buy laptop

My laptop (Lenovo r61i) died (after 6 years). I need a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions for GOOD laptops for school and some gaming? If you recommend a Dell, pelase go die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
TemariChan
Auction Master

Get an HP, there awsome im loving my HP lappy more then any other computer iv ever had.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
Zur
Boss Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Zur Send a message via MSN to Zur Send a message via Yahoo to Zur

Looking to buy a

Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
Zur
Boss Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Zur Send a message via MSN to Zur Send a message via Yahoo to Zur

And don't get HP. Get ASUS. They're badass.

HP is for all-in-one printers.

Dell is for businesses that want to save money and laugh at the frustration of their employees.

Sony VAIO are for blondes that don't know better.

Lenovo is decent.. yup.

Toshibas are decent for games and entertainment.

ASUS are among the best for gaming and entertainment, but tend to be by far larger than other laptops.

ACERs are okay for school.

Does gateway even exist anymore?

Macbooks are for d-bags that feel the need to carry their laptop to places they have no business bringing their laptop to when they could just as easily get what they need and GTFO so they stop plaguing society with their presence.

Do you like to **** with your bios? Are you a coder, hacker or tinker of some sort? Go with Dell... although you'll probably break it, and Dell customer service wont help you because they're too busy sucking the cock of satan.

An ASUS is extremely easy to fix if you break drivers, USB ports, keys... You can even jam a USB plug into the port upside down and bend it... the computer will shut itself off for safety. Bend it back, turn it on... its as if nothing ever happened (I've had a couple ASUS and i've beaten the **** out of them to test them. Stabbing the screen with burning incense, spilling entire cups of iced tea and protein shakes on them, dropping the cherry from my cig onto the keys. They've withstood iraq and afghanistan heat (sat in my shack in Afghan on 130-140 degree days, running all day, with no AC or fans in the building). They come with overclocking software, are very forgiving for hacking/OCing the GPU. Easy to take apart and access as well.

Older gateways could withstand the test of time... not sure how they measure up today, but they've lost a lot of what the company used to stand for in their products.

Toshiba's have endurance and will struggle if they have to through the hardship of power-demanding programs you throw at it, but they usually don't run with the power that more expensive laptops hold. They're good for a lot, but powerful gaming is not their strong point. Usually they're dependable and wont break.

Sony VAIO will give you headaches. They require a lot of maintenance... but if you have the time and software... and knowledge helps, for routine maintenance then you'll be ok. They'll work for school like ACERs, but your normal PC monthly hardships become more weekly. (This is really in the standpoint of a common user, not someone who takes care of their system)

ACERs are realiable, but not extremely powerful... however they do pretty well. If you don't need an all that powerful computer, they're a good one to turn to, like Toshibas. They'll be friendly in school.

HPs, from what i've seen, often lack a lot of power. They're more for the common user that just needs to get **** done.

Nothing to say about Lenovos other than I haven't experienced anything bad with them.. yet.

Whats the point in getting a Mac anyway? You can just install windows over it... then you have windows with one mouse button. Macs USED to be awesome for graphical design... but windows and the mac os are now matched in power and capability. And the only reason they're more stable is because people don't do as much on them as they would a windows pc.. since they can't. Schoolwork, music, writing... fine. But they do have their issues. I ran an FM broadcasting radio station for a year off of a macbook pro (Yes, radio stations are THAT simple. You can run one off of an ipod or zune with a playlist) and it gave me unnecessary frustrations... even in little ****. Things I wouldn't have experienced with windows.

Remember. Every build is different. They use the same parts, but what sets the companies apart is their engineering. The way they actually arrange their components (heat dispersal) and the software they provide to support it all. Their bios. Their little extra things here and there. Their restrictions. Their leniency. It is easy to take a piece of crap and make it shine a little brighter, but eventually you'll have the LED over-power effect. It'll get brighter and brighter til it glows blue, has a bright orange flash and is dead forever.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Zur
Boss Hunter

Old 10-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
God Stomper
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post

I will probably never buy a laptop that isn't a Toshiba for the rest of my life. My last one, I dropped it onto the asphalt from about 5.5 feet (not on purpose). I poured Coke (the soda, not the drug) on its screen (also not on purpose), and I threw it across the room twice (both on purpose [I get very into my games]), and it still worked fine.

I can run 3 instances of Guild Wars on my laptop with almost no lag (lag only occurs during the loading of areas; after that it's fine).

The only downside to my laptop is that it doesn't cook and clean, otherwise, I would call it Mrs. Stomper, because I would marry it.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #7
TemariChan
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
And don't get HP. Get ASUS. They're badass.

HP is for all-in-one printers.

Dell is for businesses that want to save money and laugh at the frustration of their employees.

Sony VAIO are for blondes that don't know better.

Lenovo is decent.. yup.

Toshibas are decent for games and entertainment.

ASUS are among the best for gaming and entertainment, but tend to be by far larger than other laptops.

ACERs are okay for school.

Does gateway even exist anymore?

Macbooks are for d-bags that feel the need to carry their laptop to places they have no business bringing their laptop to when they could just as easily get what they need and GTFO so they stop plaguing society with their presence.

Do you like to **** with your bios? Are you a coder, hacker or tinker of some sort? Go with Dell... although you'll probably break it, and Dell customer service wont help you because they're too busy sucking the cock of satan.

An ASUS is extremely easy to fix if you break drivers, USB ports, keys... You can even jam a USB plug into the port upside down and bend it... the computer will shut itself off for safety. Bend it back, turn it on... its as if nothing ever happened (I've had a couple ASUS and i've beaten the **** out of them to test them. Stabbing the screen with burning incense, spilling entire cups of iced tea and protein shakes on them, dropping the cherry from my cig onto the keys. They've withstood iraq and afghanistan heat (sat in my shack in Afghan on 130-140 degree days, running all day, with no AC or fans in the building). They come with overclocking software, are very forgiving for hacking/OCing the GPU. Easy to take apart and access as well.
and that is full of crap, there is no computer in the world that can withstand that much abuse and still work

Older gateways could withstand the test of time... not sure how they measure up today, but they've lost a lot of what the company used to stand for in their products.

Toshiba's have endurance and will struggle if they have to through the hardship of power-demanding programs you throw at it, but they usually don't run with the power that more expensive laptops hold. They're good for a lot, but powerful gaming is not their strong point. Usually they're dependable and wont break.

Sony VAIO will give you headaches. They require a lot of maintenance... but if you have the time and software... and knowledge helps, for routine maintenance then you'll be ok. They'll work for school like ACERs, but your normal PC monthly hardships become more weekly. (This is really in the standpoint of a common user, not someone who takes care of their system)

ACERs are realiable, but not extremely powerful... however they do pretty well. If you don't need an all that powerful computer, they're a good one to turn to, like Toshibas. They'll be friendly in school.

HPs, from what i've seen, often lack a lot of power. They're more for the common user that just needs to get **** done.
that is so not true, on a daily basis, im running 2 nod windows, several facebook games, youtube, Rohan game, Perfect World game, Maple Story game, and now to add Grand Fantasia game all at the same time and it runs better then any other computer i have ever used, my HP laptop never over heats, and runs with no lags, no slowing down, runs as fast as tho nothing was being played, it even still runs like this even after it being smashed thru the back by what seems to be like a hammer when my house was broken into, it was smashed so badly it lifted up the keyboard and pushed in the screen, and my disk drive is now sticking out 1/8th of an inch, and yet it is still running perfectly, the only thing different is me having a monitor and keyboard hooked up to it now, cause i tryed to type with it, all the keys still work, just werid trying to type with a lump on the keyboard

Nothing to say about Lenovos other than I haven't experienced anything bad with them.. yet.

Whats the point in getting a Mac anyway? You can just install windows over it... then you have windows with one mouse button. Macs USED to be awesome for graphical design... but windows and the mac os are now matched in power and capability. And the only reason they're more stable is because people don't do as much on them as they would a windows pc.. since they can't. Schoolwork, music, writing... fine. But they do have their issues. I ran an FM broadcasting radio station for a year off of a macbook pro (Yes, radio stations are THAT simple. You can run one off of an ipod or zune with a playlist) and it gave me unnecessary frustrations... even in little ****. Things I wouldn't have experienced with windows.

Remember. Every build is different. They use the same parts, but what sets the companies apart is their engineering. The way they actually arrange their components (heat dispersal) and the software they provide to support it all. Their bios. Their little extra things here and there. Their restrictions. Their leniency. It is easy to take a piece of crap and make it shine a little brighter, but eventually you'll have the LED over-power effect. It'll get brighter and brighter til it glows blue, has a bright orange flash and is dead forever.
well what you pretty much said is only half right, ill fix it for you.

HP is for all-in-one printers. No, that is very wrong, HP Laptops run extreamly well in all subject, even gaming.

Dell is for businesses that want to save money and laugh at the frustration of their employees. Dell does a lot more then that, but now, they have just slowed down there game and just basicly arnt 100% worth it unless you cant afford a good laptop

Sony VAIO are for blondes that don't know better. Couldnt agree more

Lenovo is decent.. yup. and no, Lenovo are pieces of trash.

Toshibas are decent for games and entertainment. Toshibas are the most worthless piece of crap that has ever been put in the market. I would buy a Mac over Toshiba!

ASUS are among the best for gaming and entertainment, but tend to be by far larger than other laptops. Yes and no, there gaming systems are decent but they always lack in the supporting systems to keep the computer/laptop lasting long time, most iv heard dont even last 6 months without needing upgrades.

ACERs are okay for school. couldnt agree more

Does gateway even exist anymore? who knows

and you forgot Alien computers, among the most top of the line gaming computers in the world

Old 10-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
Zur
Boss Hunter

ASUS last forever... I've had them go through iraq and afghanistan, running for days without air conditioning... full of dust. They've survived glasses of iced tea, protein shakes being dumped on them... cig cherries from drunken parties falling on them and melting parts of em. They're endurance beasts.

Much like myself

Old 10-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #9
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

i love my acer

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey