Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Unhappy Glitchless!!! o.0

Glitchless!!!

this post is in responce to the following thread
Filters/PK Bug. http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...779#post116779

I will call this the "offer trade" tool bug

stating: to quote Sanlucifer "To make it simple, if the pk doesnt have you on his/her buddy list and he is farming you offer trade to him/her and it says "The person you are attempting to trade with is in combat" lol.
If hes not farming it says "That players is in arena, completely blocking, or has too recently been offered a similar request. Ask them to add you to their buddy list"
So its simple, make sure he/she doesnt have your alt or whoever you are using; in his/her buddy list and you find out right away if hes farming or not, it even overrides the DND mode....."

Well let me first start off by explaining my late reply to this issue, i took a brake from Nod only to come back and find yet another change to the pk/pkk system if you can even call it a system anymore.

So now i will state my reasons why this should have never been changed and so should be changed back. it was the only strategic tool the hunters had to use when hunting for the pkers, without this one tool the hunters have nothing, no edge whatsoever, there only chance will be to just happen upon the pker by total luck and pure chance.
so basicaly the pkers have all the advantage and the hunters have nothing (pkers get to choose a target out of many in Nod, no hunting needed and even then they just choose to do setup kills to cheat the system. on the other hand PKKers have to strategicly locate and hunt the pker, one pk out of the many people on the vast map that is Nod with absolutly no stratagy whatsoever 0.o), let me explain why this was a tool of stratagy and maybe you will see it for what it truely was and not just as simple as Sanlucifer put it.

first off San is correct it could be used to see if the pker is out of town but that really was such a pety thing as most PKers are predictable as to there home town. on the other hand it was a tool of stratagy as you could use it to not only tell if they were farming but also to see if they were just resourcing or both which could give you an idea as to the location that they may be in (as some areas are not good for resourcing that pkers particular special resource.
also there area could be figured or at least nerrowed down by the length of time they were in combat (suggesting where they are fighting based on there gear, skills and kill time. could also tell you if they may be fighting in a higher area grouped) all very usefull info to a hunter.

without this only tool that the hunter had against the pkers i feel you have given all the advantages to the PKers and left nothing for the hunters to hunt them with and it already took tons of rrt time to hunt them and be succesful in killing them as it was because of the dumb up to 3min stalking time and there ability to mob escape(i mean really if the police see a murderer do they pull there gun and say i'm gonna get you in 3mins if you are not gone lol) but now take away the one edge the pkkers(hunters) had and now what, there is very little chance that i or anyone is going to even bother wasting that vast amount of rrt trying to hunt any of these pkers down, so i guess the pkers get every advantage at your desposal to give them and the hunters get zerro, i see how it is let the exploiters exploit hmmm o.0 well i for one am gonna be done wasting time hunting untill the hunters are recognised as a needed and wanted part of the game by getting some kind of edge over the pkers or at least get the lil' edge we had back...

p.s. before anyone starts flameing that this is one sided and written by a hunter, lets not forget i also have a few pker characters as well so i have played both sides and see and understand this from all possible angles.

another thing i would like to add is that the "offer trade" tool also works to determin how far from there setup kill location they have traveled to hide or if they even moved, without the "offer trade" tool they could be anywhere on the whole map so no since at all hunting when they do there setup kills to renew there exploiting bonuses.

Last edited by Sexykills; 07-07-2011 at 02:04 PM..

Old 07-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Maybe I won't sound very sympathetic, but you know that when you finally find and kill a flashing red PK, he's gone, right?

As you said, you can tell from the gear wich areas he will probably be at if he's farming/resourcing.
If you can kill that PK and he is within your range, then odds are you can also farm/resource in that area.
This means you can probably do something useful for yourself while looking for the PK.
Once you find, bam, PK suffers a permadeath.
And if PKs can work in groups, you can work in groups.

Last edited by Nurvus; 07-07-2011 at 01:49 PM..

Old 07-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

[QUOTE=Nurvus;117859]Maybe I won't sound very sympathetic, but you know that when you finally find and kill a flashing red PK, he's gone, right?(and the point is?)

As you said, you can tell from the gear wich areas he will probably be at if he's farming/resourcing.(it could be a wild guess without the ability to time the fight or offet trade to see if resourcing after the fight)

If you can kill that PK and he is within your range, then odds are you can also farm/resource in that area.(this is true except that farming and resourcing to get to and find the pker would take far too long and the pk would be gone, i have been hunting for a long time and have to say that pkers do a pretty good job of moving around and keeping a low profile)
This means you can probably do something useful for yourself while looking for the PK.
Once you find, bam, PK suffers a permadeath.(not true, more like Bam pker mob escapes while i am stalking him , another of his many given advantages over the pkkers. so then i can aimlessly hunt him and wast more rrt again in the slight chance that another wild guess with no stratagy tools will lead me to him again)
And if PKs can work in groups, you can work in groups.(yep i can work in group but thats not much of a tool for locating pkers now is it, its a big map)[/QUOTE]

Old 07-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Sexy/Jewal/other hunters:

No offense...but, pkk'ers don't need this "tool" as you call it. Having pkk'd plenty of people in the past, and mind you, i NEVER trade spammed or any of this stuff in order to see if they were out of town or even in combat...yet i still had a fairly easy time hunting...

Now, I'm not gonna reveal all my little secrets...but, hunting PKs is still easy. (this isn't directly aimed at you sexy, i know you know at least most of this, this is for anyone who wants to hunt pk's)

First off, if you're gonna hunt, you're gonna have to watch them when you can, which, most people who hunt already do/have. See what town there in, what times during the day they usually farm(I realize you can't be @ comp 24/7, so some pk's you just won't be able to get), and plan accordingly.

Secondly, check their equipment, also, know their alts if possible, and find out what type of player they are...aka, do they know the game, build strong toons, etc. Do they farm for speed or for trophies(white/yel or pink/black)...not to mention do they look capable of it?

Third...when they are out of town, then you just need to know the "good" parts of each zone...less traveled vs more traveled, where the nooks and crannies are, etc.

Put all those together...and you'll be well on your way, it just takes a few days planning(before wasting time hunting) and a little intelligence to find people. Most of the pk's I have pkk'd in the past took me only 2-3 actual "hunts" where i searched zones for them.

If you want to complain about anything...complain about how stupid the system as a whole is, and that 99% of pk's are set ups and bonus farmers...so the x3 bonus should be removed and bring back real pk's. With boon, there's a lot less lost than before...and you can pk again over and over and be stronger each time...THATs where pk's get too much.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
God Stomper
Gem Pouch Expert

As a pk'er and someone who has never really hunted (longest I ever hunted was like 10 minutes), I have to say kudos to you, Xulos. That's really knowing how to work an angle. I think there should be some definitive way of knowing when a pk'er is or isn't in town. Obviously, you can find their "base" town, but, from what I've heard, most people switch towns, but then again, if you sit outside of their base town, you'll catch them moving eventually.

I hope you find another way to to deduce all this information. The reason I don't hunt pk'ers is because it's so time-consuming and laborious. I get tired of move-nope-move-nope-move-nope, so I think the hunting process should be a smidge easier, tbh. I literally farm with no fear. I just pk'd 1 south of Crella earlier today, and nobody came after me (although, I don't know how many people in my range were in Crella).

Being hunted was part of the rush of pk'ing. The narrow escapes, the clever strategies, etc.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

I personally think the bug is bull****. I've got probably like atleast the top 15 amount of PKK points (on all my toons combined) and most were from PKs with low amounts of PK points.. I spent ALOT of time hunting.

I'm all for the PKK system, but this is like a hand me out. Theres things called clans, and partners for PKKing. A PK most of the time has nothing. There is a way to check towns, its quite simple.. Put alts there, and team up with someone or ask your clan for help.

Having something that you can just trade a person and tells you weither they are hunting (or farming) or not is plain out lame.

So I have to agree with Stormy on this one, its really not hard to know where a PK is farming if you understand the person/watch them alittle bit.. Just think like a PK and it all falls into place.

ttt
Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Default ttt

lmao @ "hand me out" with all the op'ed pkers from pk and boon just knowing there oot is far from a handout , there are still many areas most can be in as mobs 10 lvls over are not even that uncommon for some pk's to farm omg.

but ya this thread was as dead as the one it linked from since that has been changed so long ago once again the pkers get another hand me out lol

as if its hard to pk verses pkk omg really do you even read your posts o.0

too funny and what a waste of my time checking forums ;P

Old 10-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
Glitchless
Administrator

We are not considering methods of figuring out whether or not a PK is farming an exploit. The system put into place is to prevent you from being able to tell if someone is a PK, if there are surefire ways around that then it is worth reporting.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:31 AM   #9
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

So then why tell us your going to fix it? DND should act the same as it does for normal players.

And Jewal, that is the little protections PK's have - the ability to hunt in zones they shouldn't be able to.