Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

PK range bug from forcing quickly after leaving group
Old 03-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Default PK range bug from forcing quickly after leaving group

About 5 minutes, ago a lvl 10 BooteyPirate, who was a pk, range 5-15, left group with my PK and then proceded to start PKing, only to have lvl range 1-85 show up. I double checked that she left group before forcing, and the following SS shows her as lvl 10, and the person she pk'd as lvl 6, meaning that range should have stayed 5-15. She did leave group and then forced rather quickly, but being out of group, and the warning message that could/would have stopped her before initiating the fight never showed up.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
Glitchless
Administrator

Getting third party info isn't the most reliable way for bug reporting because often time embarassment or confusion will cause misreporting. This really isn't possible, the only possibility would be if the person simply wasn't a PK yet and initiated the combat while still grouped thus only seeing the initial PK warning message that does not mention level restrictions specifically. It would have nothing to do with only having left the group recently though.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
thatperson
Epic Scholar

booteypirate stated that she left the group before she forced combat and was already a PK

is it in any way possible that theres a delay in the server recognizing that you have left a group and eliminating the open range PKing penalty for forcing while grouped?
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
Glitchless
Administrator

It's not possible.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

I appreciate the quick responses. I'm merely reporting because the owner afaik isn't on forums. I can verify with basically 100% certainty, that before this day, the PK was range 5-15...and was definitely an active pk. I'm just curious as what else could cause a lvl 10 forcing on a lvl 6 to cause the lvl 10 to go open range? The only thing we could think of is initiating combat before leaving group. Is there anything else that's possible? I may attempt to recreate this on my PK, but I'm not sure if I'll be successful.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
Glitchless
Administrator

Being grouped when combat was forced is the only thing that would cause it in that case.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

hmmm...

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 03-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #8
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Ok ty for the info, will try to recreate it again

ttt
Old 03-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
Xulos
Boss Hunter

Default ttt

i agree this is buggy because i as we all know track all the pkers and i know for a fact that Bootey was a lvl 10 with a 1-15 level range.

but i also would like to see a screenie from Bootey because as Glitch seems to think it is possible that Bootey may have joined another group or possibly the message shows "Bootey has left group" just because they pked while grouped and got automaticaly ungrouped (i dont know if it happens that way or not) but just looking for possibilities.

if there are no other possibilities i would say that it is a very seriouse and unfortunate bug as Bootey had lot of OP'ed skills and vast expence in that toon (ex:bought and sold many tc's) so i think this should be looked into a bit closer and would be great if Bootey could chime in with a screenie too.

but seriously dosnt Nod have some kinda log that can be checked to see if was shown as grouped or not and who with?

ok well all i can say is sorry for your loss Bootey it is sad but good luck with figuring this all out or recreating it

Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
Beatingu
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Beatingu

haha....umm..no u....no me.....i find it funny that flipy gets bant from forums for "hmm.."...when jon tells me in a post to go **** myself with a powerdrill yet nothing happens...oh..and i spammed people in uncivil with "hmm.."...got nothing...not sayin i wanna be bant from game or forums but hey, fair is fair dude.....love yas