Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Classes info/tips
Old 09-13-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
Kellisa

Default Classes info/tips

I'll post each set of notes as a different reply so it's easier to navigate (I hope), starting with...

Magician

Class bonus: Base bonus of 3% to both blue and red magic effects.

Melee experience bonus: -17%
Magic exp bonus: +25%
Defense exp bonus: -17%
Recovery bonus: +15%

Starting stats (22 Hitpoints; 133 Energy, 119 Mana)

Melee - 95 STR; 103 DEX; 105 PST
Magic - 105 INT; 97 CNC; 101 MST
Defense - 107 AGI; 106 CNT; 90 DUR
Recovery - 100 PRE; 100 MRE; 103 REG

Stat importance (generally speaking): Int, Cnc, Mst, Pst, Mre, Dex, Pre, Str, Dur, Agi, Cnt, Reg

Recommended weapon type: Staff (Using a staff gives great bonuses to chars which rely on gems, which are actually more important than the actual damage from a staff, simply hover your mouse over some of the magic skills to see what they do)

Recommended skills (in order of importance):

Death Magic - Diabolism, Red Magic, Staves, Destruction, Sleight of Hand; (level 20 skills) Inferno, Longevity

Psych Magic - Mind Bending, Blue Magic, Wizardry, Divination, Gem Handling; (level 20 skills) Replay, Perseverance

Life Magic - Mental Conservation, Sorcery; (level 20 skill) Eternity

Protection - Suiting, Parry, Impedance, Combat Recovery; (level 20 skills) Combat Concentration, Combat Endurance, Mirrored Blade

Weaponry - Two-Handed, Critical Strike, Overcrit; (level 20 skills) Double Attack, Crush Spec

Beastmastery - Petmanship

A good way to utilise your class bonus is to be a DD (direct damage) caster. DDs will also become your main damage output. Blue DD gems offer a lower but consistent range of damage using equal amounts of energy and mana or a wider range of damage for mana only, whereas red magic offers a low minimum damage but very high maximum damage possibility using mana only.

Seeing as blue/red magic use mainly mana, some useful additions to your gem pouch would be mana restoration gems, earliest found in Fenelia, as well as balance gems found first in Castille. With careful management, you can have an almost never-ending supply of mana to attack with.

However the most important gem for DD casters is the Flare Up Aura, first found in Stronhad, which increases the maximum range of direct damage gems.
These will greatly improve your DD effectiveness, and should be placed in the first slot of your gem pouch so that any future DD gems that are drawn can be used immediately to the best of their ability.

Last edited by Kellisa; 09-13-2008 at 03:08 AM..

Old 09-13-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
Kellisa

Rogue

Class bonus: Base bonus of 8% to minimum melee damage.

Melee exp bonus: +20%
Magic exp bonus: -5%
Defense exp bonus: -20%
Recovery exp bonus: +10%

Starting stats (28 Hitpoints; 126 Energy; 109 Mana)

Melee - 95 STR; 105 DEX; 103 PST
Magic - 103 INT; 102 CNC; 98 MST
Defense - 106 AGI; 102 CNT; 95 DUR
Recovery - 107 PRE; 106 MRE; 90 REG

Stat importance: Dex, Agi, Dur, Cnt, Mst, Pst, Cnc, Reg, Mre, Pre

Recommended weapon type: Piercing (Rogues get a bonus to minimum melee damage, and piercing weapons have the highest minimum damage for their level, making them the perfect weapon for rogues, dealing mid-high consistent damage)

Weaponry - Piercing, Two-Handed, Critical Strike, Overcrit; (level 20 skills) Dual Wield, Dual Attack, Pierce Spec

Protection - Suiting, Parry, Impedance, Blocking (only until level 20 when you can dual wield, unless you really prefer to stick with 1-handed piercer and shield); (level 20 skills) Dual Parry, Mirrored Blade

Life Magic - Sorcery, White Magic, Green Magic; (level 20 skill) Eternity

Beastmastery - Petmanship

Psych Magic - Mind Bending, Blue Magic, Wizardry (to 10 only), Gem Handling

Death Magic - Diabolism

Because the chance of doing maximum damage for piercers is equally affected by Dex and Str, and the chance it hit is affected by Dex, it is advisable to only increase Dex as opposed to Str when leveling. Rogues can also play as a beastmaster easily, since whips also deal high min damage and lower max damage, and have the best of both worlds, as it were. Refer to the following post for info on being a Beastmaster.

Gem use for a rogue is rather simple, as is for most non-casting classes - white and/or green healing gems (mainly continual hitpoint gems) and defensive auras like the white shield aura and blue reflective aura.

Last edited by Kellisa; 09-13-2008 at 03:48 AM..

Old 09-13-2008, 04:21 AM   #3
Kellisa

Beastmaster

Class Bonus: Base bonus of 5% to all pet damage and heals.

Melee exp bonus: 0%
Magic exp bonus: 0%
Defense exp bonus: -9%
Recovery exp bonus: +10%

Starting stats (36 Hitpoints; 122 Energy; 136 Mana)

Melee - 102 STR; 99 DEX; 102 PST
Magic - 98 INT; 99 CNC; 106 MST
Defense - 102 AGI; 99 CNT; 102 DUR
Recovery - 104 PRE; 101 MRE; 98 REG

Stat importance: Str, Dex, Dur, Agi, Cnt, Mst, Cnc, Pst, Reg, Mre, Pre

Recommended weapon type: Whip (like staves, whips give excellent bonuses to pet effectiveness, there is not much point being a beastmaster if you don't have a whip. Also, you can dual wield whips, and the bonuses stack)

(before you get your first pet, simply use slashing or piercing weapons)

Beastmastery - Petmanship, Whips, Wound, Predacity, Taming, Loyalty; (level 20 skill) Ferocity

Weaponry - Critical Strike, Overcrit; (level 20 skills) Dual Wield, Double Attack, Slash Spec

Protection - Suiting, Parry, Blocking (only until you reach level 20 and can dual wield whips), Impedance; (level 20 skill) Dual Parry

Life Magic - Sorcery, White Magic, Green Magic; (level 20 skill) Eternity

Psych Magic - Mind Bending, Blue Magic, Wizardry (to 10 only), Gem Handling

Death Magic - Diabolism

Leveling a beastmaster is the same as leveling another melee class, the only difference is the emphasis on beastmastery skills and the type of weapon. Whips don't deal as much damage as other types, so until you actually get a pet then a slashing weapon is probably the best choice. After you get at least a sewer rat though, increase your Whips and Wound skill asap. With each whip your pet will have an additional 20% chance to crit, and coupled with the Wound skill which means your pet will do any crit damage in a bonus 10 second bleed, this can mean serious damage. Since pets aren't so common as normal weapons, try to get the epic or at least rare ones, or you will be waiting a very long time before you can equip a normal pet with the same damage.

You will need level 30 in Petmanship before you can equip 2 pets, and you should be fully concentrating on getting this even around level 25. Also, remember to try and keep all your beastmastery skills up close to your level, instead of using the trophies on other skills first, because your main damage all comes from that section.

A few things that give beastmasters an edge in the game are: the Companionship learning skill at level 20, instead of adding 1% like the other types, each skill in Companionship gives a 2% bonus to active beastmastery exp gains. You can also equip/unequip pets during a battle, which allows for good maneuverability. You can also use both spirit and combat trophy types on the Altar of the Beast, making skilling doubly efficient.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Ryuyuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellisa View Post
Because the chance of doing maximum damage for piercers is equally affected by Dex and Str, and the chance it hit is affected by Dex, it is advisable to only increase Dex as opposed to Str when leveling. Rogues can also play as a beastmaster easily, since whips also deal high min damage and lower max damage, and have the best of both worlds, as it were. Refer to the following post for info on being a Beastmaster.

You mention a Rogue could easily work with whips like a Beastmaster, but do whips get the same benefit of using Dex to help determine chance of doing maximum damage too, or is that restricted to just piercers (and bows)?

Old 01-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
Solitruno

character build for a guardian?

Old 09-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
Ehlmaris

Hope you don't mind if I contribute something following your template.

Paladin

The Tank Build

Class bonus: 5% bonus to beneficial auras.

Melee: 5% bonus to exp gains.
Magic: 0% exp gain modifier.
Defense: 10% bonus to exp gains.
Recovery: 13% penalty to exp gains.

Starting stats (I actually don't remember anything but the following.... sorry.)

PST 103
INT 101 CNC 101
PRE 130 MRE 73 REG 100

Stat importance: Agi Str Dex Mst Cnt Reg Dur Pre Mre Pst Int Cnc - beyond Reg is not really necessary though. I'll explain.

Recommended weapon type: 1 handed slashing. 1 handed so you can still use a shield, slashing because in the longrun it is better for supporting damage.

Recommended skills:

Weaponry: Slashing, Critical Strike, Overcrit, Double Attack, Slash Spec.

Protection: Suiting, Parry, Blocking, Combat Recovery, Impedance, Deflective Shield, Combat Endurance, Combat Concentration.

Life Magic: Sorcery, White Magic, Green Magic, Shared Bliss, Eternity, Palisade.

Psych Magic: Mind Bending, Blue Magic, Wizardry (10), Gem Handling

Beastmastery: Petmanship

When playing the Tank Paladin, your main focus is on groups. When going solo, though, you should be able to support yourself. The idea is to get the most AC with your equipment as possible so that you can take a severe beating but still keep going. With str and agi pumped, your shield should block fairly reliably - around 20% of the time with Blocking maxed. Dex being pumped means another 20% chance of a parry. That means you only get hit 64% of the time. That's still a lot, so you'll need some gems to support yourself.

You want Damage Negation, Damage Reflect and Damage Mirror auras. Your highest ranks of these gems need to be in slots 2, 3 and 4, as they are staples of your gem slot setup. For others, you want some heal over time gems and some taunts. When fighting solo, you use the HoT's, when grouped you should use two taunts and a HoT. Recastable taunts, though they're heavy on mana and energy cost, they're quite handy. You need two because the delay on the recastables is too high compared to duration for you to only need one to ensure your group members never get hit. When getting heals, focus on those that use mana only. You're gonna be low on energy constantly.

Also, once you hit level 30, make sure you pick up some Resurrection gems - as many as you can hold in your pouch. With the ability to save people their RT, you're an invaluable asset - especially later on when people lose over an HOUR of time when they die.

When you're grouped, make sure you go into battle first and only let the others come in once you've got the enemy taunted. That way they can come in without worrying about getting hit. Technically you shouldn't need the Res gems, but sometimes things go wrong... anyway. Try to group with a DPS and a Healer. The Healer should be able to use Res in case you take too much damage, and the DPS should be able to hit the enemy reliably for heavy damage.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
Adzuma

Wink

this is really awesome, can we have the adventurer now?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
Nosebatter

There is no definite way to play an adventurer, they are complete allrounders. Train whatever skills you prefer, just don't scatter your trophies too much or else you won't improve very quickly.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:11 AM   #9
Shinami

Adzuma asked so...

The goal of this build is to make a character that can fight for long periods of time.

Adventurer

The Long lasting Build

Class bonus: 3% bonus to all experience gains. Up to 9% with skill bonuses.

Melee: 3% bonus to exp gains.
Magic: -3% penalty to exp gains.
Defense: 3% bonus to exp gains.
Recovery: -3% penalty to exp gains.

Starting stats

All stats: 101

Stat importance:

Melee stats:
STR - This stat is only important if you don't use bows.
DEX - Raise this regardless of the weapon you use.
PST - Determines your max energy. A lot of gems use Energy.

Offensive
Str-Dex-Pst 2-1-0 unless your energy needs a lot of constant resting.

Defensive
Str-Dex-Pst 1-2-0 unless your energy needs a lot of constant resting.

Hybrid
Alternate these between each level unless your energy needs a lot of constant resting
Str-Dex-Pst 2-1-0
Str-Dex-Pst 1-2-0

Magic stats
INT - I try to raise this evenly with CNC since they both affect dealing max damage with gems.
CNC - I try to raise this evenly with INT since they both affect dealing max damage with gems. It keeps gems from being blocked by shields.
MST - Determines your max mana. A lot more gems use Mana.

INT-CNC-MST alternate between 2-1-0 and 1-2-0 unless your mana needs a lot of constant resting.

Defense stats
AGI - This helps with parrying/dodging attacks which reduces damage which is less healing. Less healing means more energy and mana for offensive usage.
CNT - This is what makes use of all your points each branch of the magic colors. It is the sole stat that affects if you resist spells or even LOWER the damage of spells cast at you. Again, resisted/weakened spells means less healing. Less healing means more energy and mana for offensive use.
DUR - This is the ONLY STAT that raises your HP. The bigger the HP cushion you have, the longer you last in a fight.

Offensive
Alternate with 2-1-0 and 0-1-2 each level

Defensive
Alternate with 2-0-0 and 0-0-2 unless you feel the magic damage is getting too much for you to handle.

Hybrid
INT-CNT-DUR 1-1-1

Recovery stats
PRE - This affects your energy regen rate in AND out of battle. I don't know how much is needed to make a noticeable difference in regen speed. =/
MRE - This affects your mana regen rate in AND out of battle. I don't know how much is needed to make a noticeable difference in regen speed. =/
REG - I suspect this stat is almost worthless until you get your Combat Recovery stat to a high level. Confirmation please? You can use such gems while looting item drops to help your recovery speed up some.
NOTE:YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 POINT IN COMBAT RECOVERY TO RECOVER ANY HP/ENERGY/MANA IN BATTLE AT ALL!!!

This is the stat part that I'm simply playing by ear with a 1-1-1 stat ratio hoping I'm wrong with my assumptions about REG. Therefore, I can't really suggest a stat ratio here.

Recommended weapon type:
Offensive
Two-handed weapons for more damage and a lot more crits compared to a defensive build. Try to get a weapon with high accuracy. High crit rate don't do you any good if you miss a lot from poor weapon accuracy.

Defensive
1 handed weapons. 1 handed so you can still use a shield. Shields block damage and blocked damage means less healing. Less healing means...ah, forget it. You should get the idea by now.

Hybrid
The most expensive build since it requires 2 weapons and a shield. I doubt many will use this build at all because of the costs and my low post count but oh well. =)

Recommended skills:

About the level 20 skills - these I don't have. I need someone to fill in the blanks on these. I don't even know what they DO. Also, keep in mind that when a skill level is higher than your level, you lose 10% exp per skill level on the trophies you use for that skill.

Stats
Class Enhancement - Ah~ the exp sink when you're gathering trophies to get your skills caught up to your level. I was level 3 with a Class skill of 7 which is 25k exp for a single level. This skill also helps your other Stat skills increase quicker so it's a double win having this at a high level after lots of trophy gathering.

I don't really have any idea how to keep these. I just know that keeping them even is a good way to level quick when you want to. Any ideas would be nice?

Learning
These all take forever to raise and out of them all, I only focus on 2 skills right now.

Passive Advancement - This determines how much exp you get from using Passive Training on a non-Stat, non-Learning skill. The higher this is, the quicker Suiting goes up.

Advanced Learning - This speeds up the rate of Learning skill growth. That means Passive Advancement will get better at a quicker pace with this skill at a higher level.

I alternate between these two skills every 5 levels they gain.

My Weapons builds

Offensive type
Slashing/Piercing/Crushing - +1-2 points above your level.
Critical Strike - equal to your level.
Over Crit - equal to your level.
Two-handed - +2 points above your level.

Defensive type
Slashing/Piercing/Crushing - +2 points above your level.
Two-handed - don't raise it.

Offense and Defense hybrid
Slashing/Piercing/Crushing - equal to your level.
Two-handed - equal to your level.

My Protection builds

Offensive
Suiting - equal to your level.
Blocking - equal to your level.
Parry - equal to level.
Combat Recovery - Whatever you feel like.

Defensive
Suiting - The sky is the limit. Set your own limit here. Never take off the passive training from this skill. Never let it become less than 2 skill levels higher than your level.
Blocking - +2 your level. No less than that. This will take a while to raise after a while. =/
Parry - -1 to equal to your level.
Combat Recover - Whatever you want.

Hybrid
Suiting - +2 your level.
Blocking - equal to your level.
Parry - equal to your level.
Combat Recovery - Again, I don't care what you keep it at.

Pick 3 colors of magic at most unless you want to grind a LOT of trophies.
Life Magic

Offensive
Sorcery - -1 to equal to your level unless you want more white/green gems in your pouch.
White Magic - equal to your level.
Green Magic - if you use it, equal to your level.
Mental Conservation - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it.

Defensive
Sorcery - equal to your level unless you want more white/green gems in your pouch.
White Magic - equal to your level unless your healing gems aren't cutting it.
Mental Conservation - you don't need this.

Hybrid
Sorcery - equal to your level unless you want more white/green gems in your pouch.
White Magic - equal to your level.
Mental Conservation - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it.

Death Magic

Offense
Diabolism- equal to your level unless you want more red/black gems in your pouch.
Red Magic - if you use it, equal to your level.
Black Magic - if you use it, equal to your level.
Staves - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it.
Sleight of Hand - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it.
Destruction - equal to level

Offense
Diabolism- equal to your level unless you want more red/black gems in your pouch.
Staves - Don't bother raising it.
Sleight of Hand - Don't bother raising it.
Destruction - Up to you.

Hybrid
Staves - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it.
Sleight of Hand - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it.
Destruction - equal to your level.

Offense
Mind Bending- equal to your level unless you want more blue/grey gems in your pouch.
Blue Magic - if you use it, equal to your level.
Grey Magic - if you use it, equal to your level.
Wizardry - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it unless you want a second pouch(req skill lvl 10).
Divination - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it.
Gem Handling- equal to your level if you plan on using aura gems(Damage Negate, Reflect, Mirror).

Defense
Mind Bending- equal to your level unless you want more blue/grey gems in your pouch.
Wizardry - Don't bother touching it unless you want a second pouch(req skill lvl 10).
Divination - Don't bother touching it.
Gem Handling- equal to your level if you plan on using aura gems(Damage Negate, Reflect, Mirror).

Hybrid
Wizardry - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it unless you want a second pouch(req skill lvl 10).
Divination - If you use staffs, keep it equal to your level. Otherwise, don't bother touching it.

Finally, this build is still being developed. There's still a lot I don't know about the game. Feedback appreciated!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:36 AM   #10
Picho

Here is mine.

Stats
Each skill gains a single level per character level. When i want a break in leveling to farm a spot, i switch to class advancement.

Melee stats - I only put a single point of Str here and two points Dex. Its better to always hit and do little damage then it is to rarely ever hit and do lots of damage.

Magic - every even level i put 1 point in Int and 2 points into Cnc. Every Odd level i put 1 in every thing.

Def - Every level 2 points in Agi, 1 point in Cnt

Reg - Every level i put 1 point in all.

For Learning -

I suggest after getting the initial point in passive learning that you train Advance learning to be the constant highest learning skill.

Advance learning increases both the exp gain rate of learning skills and indirectly increases the passive gain rate of skills.

I suggest that Extended study is the least increased skill, as the bonuses for the skill are either too small for it to be noticeable, or too great to spend the time in real life.

Melee - Pick a weapon then keep its level above your level.
i suggest always to train Crit and Overcrit unless you plan to focus exclusively in archery. If you plan to use staves, be sure to also add 2handed.

Archery - Unless you are planing to focus only on staves, train these skills as well. When starting combat you can fire a single arrow (three if triple goes off) and then switch to melee. Ambush is very important for this.

Defense - Train all skills fairly equally taking note for
Suiting - Try to keep this skill Always above your level.
Block - if you plan not to use a shield don't train this skill.
Parry - if you plan on not using melee weapons, don't train this skill.

Life magic
Sorcery - Always increase.
White magic - this is where most of your heal spells and some defensive auras come from. Training is good to keep your alive.
Green Magic - Stamina heal gems and the best constant heal gems are in this magic.

Mental Conservance - Train ONLY if you plan on at least occasionally using a staff.

Death Magic -
Diabloism - Always train
Red magic - highest damaging spells exist here, a decent enough train but not very important unless you are going to focus in magic
Black Magic - similar to red magic.

Staffs - I suggest training this skill at least slightly. It is possible to trade gear in mid combat.

Slight of Hand - Same as MC
Destruction - train if you plan on using some direct damage spells.

Psyche Magic
Mind bending - MOST IMPORTANT TO TRAIN Prevents Stun/Mez/Daze
Blue magic - very important to train as it has the best utility gems. Balance, DD, and mana regen gems exist here.
Grey magic - Very important to get to level 11 for the 10% resist auras.

Gem handling, - if you plan on using multiple gems or auras, TRAIN!!
Wizardy - train to level 10 then you can wait a while. Allows you to hold X2 amount of gemstones, making it easier to get ready for combat ahead with out taking up storage spaces.
Divination - Semi-useful to train, but only if you plan on using a staff.

Beast Master
Petmanship - I suggest this gets trained to at least level 10 so that you can have a rat.
Whips - I personally went with whips as my melee weapon, as it increased my pet abilitys.

Loyality - Train only when having a healing pet.
Taming - Train if using a whip
Predacity - Train if not using healing pet - Even better when using a whip
Wound - Train to the level of your current pet then it can wait from there. if not using healing pet.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
Picho

Vampire Build outline

Focus is in 2h piercing weapons.

15% bonus to damage for a level 40 skill
Very High crit chance

Of course heavy training in all defense skills except ones needed duel or shield. No magic.

Guardian Build outline

Focus is in 1h crush and shield style.

Combine parry and block and you have approx 32-52% rate of avoiding attacks. Less since it isn't really stacking mind you.

With Crushing level 40 skill you can stun for 4 secs at a chance, and Bash can mez. This will slow down damage delt to you.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
ariden

How about a basic Weapon Master setup?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:10 PM   #13
ariden

Guess i'll just follow the Rogue write-up for the most part.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #14
leganzoo

hi.... i want to know the archer's tips ....i pretty weak for an archer and i make the stupid thing to raise up strength some times can i get some tips? refering to: whips/shield, magic to use, what i should rely on....almost anything

Old 12-06-2008, 03:30 AM   #15
Ives

How about an angel?

Old 12-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #16
Damen

I want to see your ideas for weaponmaster!

Old 12-07-2008, 02:19 AM   #17
leganzoo

Nobody knows what an archer should do?

Ok can anyone help w a Druid
Old 01-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #18
kensisson

Question Ok can anyone help w a Druid

im starting to think about rerolling cause at level 9 i still cant really make it work right i have a hard time w mobs 1 level above me and would like to fight higher level mobs for better drops

Old 01-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #19
w00p00

any tips for dark knight and vampire?

Old 01-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #20
Contrail

Vamp = get no magic and get no energy.

Level only Melee, Defense and Recovery ie. My Vamp is 19 1 15 10

Also never put any recovery points into anything but REG.

For defense it is usually best to go 3 in DUR, then 1 in each stat.

For melee - only in STR / DEX, depends what weapon. Most use slashing weapons so that means more points in STR.

You'll want Green and White magic also. These are used for the 3 heal over time spells of Gradual Repair, Sylvian Restoration and Gaias Blessing. Level 10 Gem handling so you can get 2 of each is very nice.