Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
RECOVER | REGISTER

Time to say bye bye!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
Poopooface

Cool Time to say bye bye!

As all of you know, my personality in Nodiatis was really a winner

My sole purpose of playing was making other players miserable and playing the character, the "antagonist", because unlike RL, I can here without any real penalties.

Some individuals saw through that and became friends over the last 2 years and that's ok. Others became enemies that I really valued. I had especial fun with people who think I am a boy or just aren't sure or don't want me to be a girl. That was fun. In fact the real people who play Poopoo are a mix of boys and girls. There are 4 of us in this apartment 2 girls and 2 boys + Taranuwan + Rooboy. All of us had many good laughs at the time and effort players like Relic did using photoshop and other means to try to hurt Poo's feelings. It never worked. We always enjoyed Nodiatis.

To all my enemies, thanks for being enemies. I hated you gleefully and it made my day, every day great just to make you as miserable as I could. "Exploiting" i.e. playing the game, the way the designer designed the game to be played was quite fun and taking advantage of bad programming/design/mechanics was very fun. Lack of game support and constant game mechanic changes did however, inhibit some of that fun, but it's only fair that we advantage from the game when the game has a bad way of updating/"improving".

Example: The SPK system was designed to let people secretively go pk and gain 3x bonus XP at the risk that if they die, they lose everything. Basically an incentive to a broken and pointless PK system. I did what was necessary to become a SPK and took advantage of the SPK system along with sanlucifer, Ghosttamer, and others. Although many will say I sat in town doing nothing, that is in fact not true. I farmed regularly, increasing all my base stats of melee and defense to 140 as well as Epicurious from 0-80 and Stat Enhancement from 0-80. When people found out where I was farming, I was camped in town and unable to hunt. With the entire game after you, you might see it as an exploit to camp in town, but I see it as common sense.

Then the "almightly do-no-wrong" Glitchless altered the game mechanics of Nodiatis.

The problem with the PK system is that you are required to redeem on other PK's to resume normal non-pk status game play. So it is a more or less permanent decision if you become a PK with real life time/money implications if you would like to redeem. Luckily, my very good friend and partner in Nodiatis, Taranuwan (whom I met and became friends with at that time) let me redeem off of another players char, who had previously quit Nodiatis, "Percocet". No surprise there, hundreds of players play Nodiatis and due to lack of interest, updates, support, or ingame issues quit the game. Afterall, it is a Java game. No one really takes Java games seriously.

So I invested 10 tc or so to Tara and she let me redeem on percocet when I was ready. So I had a way out. However, at the cost of 50$ US (10TC ingame). So I made a permanent ingame change to my character becoming a PK and in order to reverse that change which I made with the current game mechanics of SPK system, I paid 10 TC or 50$. 2 months into the "game update". an update was made that counter acted the SPK system an. The problem with making permanent changes to your character is that you can't "Undo/Go Back" when the developer suddenly gets a roll of nickels up his butt because one of his top contributers (Relic) cries and complains on the forum and in email all the day long about how it's utterly "unfair" that someone be allowed to take advantage of the SPK system. Since I wasn't allowed to UNDO my PERMANENT character change, I decided I would screw over the Nodiatis system as many times and ways as possible without blatantly breaking the rules. Not as revenge to Jeff for being an (censored), but to open his /her eyes to the flaw of that kind of game development.

Notice how when other updates yielded flaws such as the no TP after TP update, and Charreton got a 99 sleeve, no sudden reversal was granted to screw over Charreton. That is the RIGHT way to be a GM/Dev. Not to SCREW the player who is using what he got, in Charreton's case, a 99 sleeve, and in my case a "inherently flawed SPK system".

In any case, that is my rant against the game. Other than a VERY POOR, GLITCHED developer, the game has potential to be great. The crafting system is actually not bad now, with the new updates. The balance issue is still the same with Piercers being absolutely obsolete and Whips/Casters being extremely overpowered in comparison. The rabies aura was a good balancing update but there is still nothing to really counter many things. A good game has balance of all things. I think that when Nodiatis goes live (No longer beta like it MUST be now), these issues will hopefully have been addressed.

Lack of player/dev/gm interaction ingame is poor. I listed a bunch of problems with Nodiatis in another thread which will never be addressed. I won't redress them here.

Anyway in real life, I have traveled alot around the world in the last year and of course in real life, I can not act like I do in Nodiatis. Friends would disown me, family would be shamed, bf would break up with me and I would generally be hated in society. The joy of Nodaitis, was I could be the things I can't be in real. I can have a voice as a female that I can not have in my country and I can generally be distasteful and rude to the 10 year old boys playing this game who try to pretend they are 18+ (Destruction, hi! *waves*)

I generally enjoyed trolling trolls on the forum, (see Pansy, Relic, Ravenhomo, Destruction, Sherman, thatperson/thisperson/whatperson, least importantly, Music, and many others). I enjoyed getting squelched from talking on Uncivil channel, which "has no rules (lol huge BS flag)" and getting squelched due to not liking bad game updates.

I've spent about 600$ on Nodiatis in the last 2 years according to my paypal reports, the bulk of which was spent during my SPK phase. My skills on Poo aren't very impressive. They aren't meant to be. They were only meant to beat up Relic's, the guy/girl who sold his account for RL cash, top XP, which I did.

I don't brag about being a great char. I wasn't. I do brag about the little things that I accomplished though. I found the first 6 epic pets, 4 of which I gave away to my arena team. I found the game's first 99 TP, "The helmet of backstabbing my customers" and many more after that. I wasn't able to kill the 108 boss since the game is too retardedly skewed to let anyone be able to do that for a very very long time with VERY uber skills/runes/time. I wasn't able to PK glitchless. But all in all, I had a very good time in Nodiatis.

My little clan Merc became a big boy clan with big boy runes. My friends there used to be all my enemies such as Jon and Tartz and everyone

I disagree with the cap lift. Though it will open up 99 epics for everyone within 2 weeks or less.

I have a video on youtube up explaining how to make an effective Town Walking macro to translate Keyboard buttons to mouse clicks. You can just search poopooface and nodiatis and find it easily enough. I don't support botters or complex macro users, but this one was approved by the Developer.

Be careful though, he/she change their mind often.

ANYWAY I'm posting all this crap because I'm quitting nodiatis for an unknown period of time. Possibly permanently. I'm moving to Hawaii with my bf, my best friend and her bf. She became addicted to cocaine and we are working together to help her to get over her addiction since she is unable to go to get public treatment. On top of that, we will have to work hard to pay rent, food, and utlities and real life poopoo like that. Before you run off and say "Hawaii has internet too", I'd like you to think about what that means saying that. Anyone who goes to Hawaii might have better things to do than play Nodiatis. (NO OFFENSE anyone in Hawaii who read this).
But even were the random bored moment to come up, I'm sure it would be inhabited by sleep or exercise since most of us will be working 2 jobs.

I will def leave my Relic v 2.799301 bot running 24/7 leveling off of the seer in T2 so you can be sure you may see PPF in the game.

But seriously, if she is online, msg Roo or Tara and say hi any time. They are very friendly compared to me.

Take care all you (filtered) and girls! Have a good time in Nodiatis.

PS: THANK YOU JEFF FOR CAP RAISE ON THE HORIZON
THANKS FOR TERRITORY PATCH! THEY WERE REALLY SWELL!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
Nemesiss
Auction Master

bye bye poo, hope everything works out for you & your friends for the better.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

bye poopoo enjoy all the cocaine!

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
thatperson
Epic Scholar

i didnt read the book u wrote but i assume ur leaving so good riddance
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
Duvopaz
Gem Pouch Expert

Take care PPF,I really did not know if you were a boy or a girl and i am sorry for that but take care have fun and do what ya gotta do,have fun =D

Old 08-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
Ebonflame
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Ebonflame Send a message via Yahoo to Ebonflame

Gtfo!

-The Crow

Disclaimer: I shall in no way, shape, or form be responsible for any butthurt you suffer when I put your stupidity on display. If you don't want to be mocked, then don't be an idiot.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
Duvopaz
Gem Pouch Expert

=(

Old 08-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
Destruction
Rare Collector

Dangit, now which troll is going to patrol the forums? Oh well, enjoy my siggy poo.

P.S.-<3 the territory patch!

Last edited by Destruction; 08-02-2010 at 02:15 PM..

Old 08-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Claudia
Rare Collector

Well i actually took time to read all of poopoo's post. Been playing since poopooplayed, had some fun with her over the time. My time came to take a 9 month break and when i came back poopoo was gone and someone slese played her toon. too bad, things could have been better.
Good luck poopoo and all the best!

Old 08-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
Faithfulservant
Rare Collector

Good luck to you

Old 08-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
Melusinenyxie
Auction Master

Pack lots of twinkies.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
Revanche
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Revanche Send a message via Yahoo to Revanche

ppf, u will b missed in merc, loved the rants, get ur friend well, hope we see you back(with a more complete game to welcome u).

Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #13
Roeth
Seer's BFF

Good luck, hope you and the others can help your friend through what will undoubtedly be some difficult times.

I can speak from personal experience, as someone very close to me had a serious drug problem a few years ago, and I can tell you that you are probably in for a struggle over the next few months, and possible even years.

All the best, hope it works out

Rob

Old 08-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #14
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

I won't say goodbye, but I will say good luck.

Miss you already... Will see you and talk to you again for sure. Thanks for everything

o/

Trag.

<-- Had to, That just never happens to me IRL

Old 08-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #15
Hopilus
Epic Scholar

<3 you poo, will miss you, and look forward to you coming back if you ever do
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #16
Malc

Fare thee well, Lady of Poo.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #17
Nautolan

Nice write-up ppf. I'd say bye, but we know you'll be back on tonight or tomorrow, cuz you know those patches ARE RIGHT ON THE HORIZOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!11

Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Bai poo

Old 08-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

nom!

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #20
ferrec
Gem Pouch Expert

Ahh....farethewell dear Poopoo, all of your faces.

You were a fun and interesting character to have, and a great player.

You will be missed.

Ms. Fer