derinium
Old 12-11-2015, 03:50 PM   #1
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Default derinium

i know it was an issue once before about people using deriniums to make a lot of gold in game because of the downtier patch. with dust collection the same thing will occur and flood the market with gold...just pointing this out before it gets too bad and checking if is intended or not
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #2
Glitchless
Administrator

Now that Derinium is a level 30 gem, it's not likely to be an issue. Feel free to let us know if that does not end up being the case.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
thatperson
Epic Scholar

if i get a drop of 24 t12 dusts i could craft 12 deriniums out of that making at least 360k profit from selling to store if this is not an issue ill gladly take that profit from t12s was just making sure this was intended at this time
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 12-11-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Glitchless
Administrator

So 15k per t12 dust profit?

Old 12-11-2015, 06:41 PM   #5
thatperson
Epic Scholar

roughly...and if they follow the pattern of all other resources (assuming drops are similiar which may not be the case) tier 12 goes for approximately 1-2k
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 12-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #6
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

IF I had been here when patch first came out, I would have said the exact same thing. Resins are 82,520g. The tier 12/10 and tier 1 mats are maybe 5k total to buy, the exception being dusts until now. If they are 1k apiece, that will put craft cost @ 90k or less, when store sell is 125k.

So 35k profit per gem, 17.5k/dust

Old 12-11-2015, 10:09 PM   #7
Glitchless
Administrator

We're lowering the value of some low level gems with the daily reset or sooner.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
Claudia
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormGuardian View Post

So 35k profit per gem, 17.5k/dust
so THIS is why der gems get you 80K when you sell them to store... oh well...

7+ years ago when i started playing nod i was under the assumption that everything crafted will bring a profit when being sold to store. I believe many crafters were actively creating low level gear and sold to store to make 1-5K per item profit. Now i take it that if you craft something and sell it to store you're suppose to take a loss? Obviously assuming that you collect all the matts yourself and only purchase the resins.

If that is the case please advise cause i was actually thinking on picking up an active crafting skill on S2 but... it would definitely not be worth it under the previous presumption.

Thank you

Old 12-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #9
Roeth
Seer's BFF

Claudia, the resin costs for derinium gems have been significantly reduced too, to still allow for crafting and selling to store, but at less profit.

On S1, the profit per gem on STS will be roughly 25k, this also has the effect of establishing a base price for the t12 dust, and thus for other dusts around there too.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:19 PM   #10
Davross
The Eldest Pilgrim

Resin cost is about 54k

[

Old 12-15-2015, 01:18 AM   #11
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Even resins @ 54k now, with it being 80k to store, the other mats stay the same, and dusts are already 1k...so the same thing is gonna happen until resins are ~10k under gem sell price. Which, if as Dav says, they are still 26k under(i honestly havent checked), profit is still to be had. Yes it will diminish as you lower the price, making it less worth for caps(farming nets more gold), but is still profitable for lower level players, or caps with no RRT.

If price goes low enough, then eventually no one will craft, and they'll just be bought from store. It's still gonna be a problem atm.

Last edited by StormGuardian; 12-15-2015 at 01:23 AM..

Old 12-21-2015, 03:14 AM   #12
Davross
The Eldest Pilgrim

Glitch you once said that crafting was a labor of love, this is a prime example of that love. This represents an opportunity for lower level players to actually make some gold. Not much, but something. I too was incredibly disappointed that crafting in this game provided no money at all for crafters. Sure you can find epic stuff and try and sell to other players, but there really isn't much of a market there. Everything costs more to make from getting all the stuff yourself, than what you make back (kinda weird). So your only option if your looking for an income stream is sell to store. Ive found nothing except der gems out there that do this. I guess there are others, but I haven't found any. I understand that there is a need to protect the economy from in-game gold generated without expending RRT, but I believe this is not a problem. So far Ive seen concerns about people cashing in buying cheap resources and making these gems for a profit. Personally I'm not interested in that. I have faith that the market will adjust accordingly. If I get 12 t12 dust and I put them on the market and they sell for 1k really quick, I'm going to put them on for 2k next time. If it happens again, the price keeps going up. So the issue here is those little crafters out there toiling away (laboring away) to make 25k profit on a gem.

I decided to see how much money I could actually make. I'm so sick of destroying or uptiering low tier resources, it is all really just waste. Ive found resourcing pretty unsatisfying because I'm not actually doing anything with the stuff I find. I resource, uptier to t25 and above, turn into the next gen of resource, then put it on the market. These gems seemed like a good use of all those t1-t12 resources. So I made a few, took me hours and hours to make a few. Let me show you why:

1 spider fruit dye: Need 2 t12 plants that need to be crushed.
1 Imperial Cloth: Need 4 t12 silks turned into thread, then thread combined with another t12 dye
2 Amber Dusts: (farmed)

There is the Consumable (thankfully actually had a master so didn't need to acquire that)

1 Coral Geode: 3 t12 ores that need to be made into geode
7 Citrine Geode: 21 t1 ores that need to be made into geodes
1 Sweetpea Oil: 2 t10 Vegs that need to be combined into oil using a fish
7 Eggplant oil: 14 t1 Veg that need to be combined into oil using 7 fish
12 Afar Resins (4,180) each (most likely got to go walk for that unless your based in Altimus)
19 Galatai Blood Resins (140) each.

So you see there is alot of work there (sure you can downtier from higher resources, but that in itself takes considerable time).

So I say leave it as it is, if someone is desperate enough or in my case, looking for a little more satisfaction from resourcing, I say go for it. And for all those people worried it will crash economy, just look at chat at the people that post their 500k+GRs they get. They get that from just killing a mob or boss. I'm not having a go at those players ofc, they worked hard, built their toon and spent millions on gear, but let's keep it in perspective. These gems are not for those toons, they can make more in an hour than what someone doing this will make in days. Personally I would like to see ALL store items have a profit margin in them. Perhaps 5/6 the resale value in resins. It really does seem a little silly to actually lose money when you provide all the mats. I understand it is based on the idea that supply and demand with the playerbase would make it appealing, but I don't think that really works. Anyways, just my input into the potential issue, I am all for leaving them at the price they are.

Personally I found turning my resources into something I just made, then selling to the store (with option of putting on AH) far more rewarding than just uptiering/destroying or selling on the AH.

[

Last edited by Davross; 12-21-2015 at 03:20 AM..

Old 12-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #13
Darklords
Rare Collector

I agree with Davross. there should be more avenues than 1 to make some gold.

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 10-26-2016, 02:13 PM   #14
Davross
The Eldest Pilgrim

bump

[