Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
RECOVER | REGISTER

Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #61
Katsuma
Neophyte

here are a few things that i just thought of for penalties on pkk's

1) if a pk wins a fight against a pkk, the pkk looses 2x his lvl in rt.

2) if a pk wins a fight against a pkk, the pkk looses 200k exp in every skill and stat that he has exp in.

3) if a pk wins a fight against a pkk, the pkk looses a soul-bound item equipped or not equipped + 40% of his gold.

4) if a pk wins a fight against a pkk, the pkk gets 50% less exp (for all active and passive exp gains) for 1 or 2 weeks.

if you think of more please post them. the permadeath for pk's makes any other penalty kinda obsolete. you already loose every item, gold and skills other then learning and if you don't have any other paid accounts or friends to give you gold, then you have to wait for bliss or start a new character to even be able to do anything

pk update
Old 01-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #62
Palehorserider
Rat Slayer

Default pk update

The voluntary +/- 5 PK level restriction is a great idea! Just make sure that if combat is forced on a pk while farming with other pks in a group that they are not penalized.

The SPK nerf:

"A SPK nerf would be implemented: In order to get triple experience bonus from being a PK you would have to have been in PvP combat in the past 48 hours. PvP combat right before the daily reload would not count to avoid exploitation." This may not be the best idea. If this nerf is eliminated the update would be a huge success! At least consider decreasing the amount of PVP activity to once a month.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #63
Misguided
Seer's BFF

Neo--exactly......and you cannot Kill a PLAYER w/o a notification, so, my arguement is ...why does someone who never KILLS a PLAYER, getting the same bonus as someone who has?

and by manking a SPK force and run, how is he any less unknown? SPK is stupid, the name itself doesnt descibe the action to be....maybe call it "A Player Who Wants a Ton of XP without Doing the Work"?? give a boost for laziness how is being "spk" any different from botting?

Old 01-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #64
thatperson
Epic Scholar

imo there should be no "spks" it should all be PKs who if they want the exp bonus kill someone...they should have to kill every 48 hours also no just killing and waiting til ppl forget about u
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:18 AM   #65
Pasterqb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
  • PKs who limited themselves to attacking only players within 5 levels of their own level would only be attackable by players within 5 levels of them. A level 30 PK for instance who never attacked anyone below 25 would not be attackable by anyone over level 35.
  • PKs who did attack someone more than 5 levels below them or who attacked while grouped with other PKs would then permanently be fair game to all.
  • A warning message would be given to a PK forcing combat on someone who was already grouped with a high level person, however, group invites/forming would not be possible while in PvP combat to prevent exploitation.
  • The gold theft patch would NOT be implemented.
  • The redemption nerf would NOT be implemented.
  • A SPK nerf would be implemented: In order to get triple experience bonus from being a PK you would have to have been in PvP combat in the past 48 hours. PvP combat right before the daily reload would not count to avoid exploitation.
  • Combat that is forced on a PK who is looting will no longer interrupt their looting immediately. They will have the same 60 seconds to loot as other players get.
I LOVE this!!!! But make it so that a group cant gank a single PK. If its a solo PK only 1 person can be in PvP combat with that person. If 2 Pks then 2 people each group. Also i would like to make it impossible to escape PvP combat. I know there are taunts but casters with an improved gem draw speed makes them draw faster than the PKer and being forced to use taunts makes it impossible for Caster PKs. Also with a +5 -5 lvl restriction would increase the number of unsuccesful PKs attempts with constant escapes. Also increase the 48 hours to 7 days.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 AM   #66
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasterqb View Post
Also increase the 48 hours to 7 days.
i totally agree... 2 days is not enough time

Old 01-25-2010, 12:47 AM   #67
thatperson
Epic Scholar

i would never PK again if u couldnt escape from PvP combat...that would be worse than exaustion
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 01-25-2010, 01:01 AM   #68
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Curious to know if Glitchless has any non-PK PvP implementations planned for the future (Besides the tournaments in the TO DO list.) I think it's really a necessity since PK'ing isn't an option for everybody.
Dueling is pretty much the entirety of non-PK PvP. =/

Old 01-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #69
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

i still think that light dark neutral thing with clans could be something great, as per my suggestions of old.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 01-25-2010, 01:18 AM   #70
Pasterqb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson View Post
i would never PK again if u couldnt escape from PvP combat...that would be worse than exaustion
I meant have nonPks escape. And also why would you need to escape from combat if the person PKKing you is a measly 5 levels above you?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #71
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
i was lvl 60+ for a week so my learning skills arent great im talking about all my characters tho thisperson thatperson pkperson sexyperson...when i build them they can beat lvl 10s at lvl 5 usually yes it would be a bit less fair for the person being PKed but would make it more of a challenge for the people who are PKing
Right, whats your active acceleration? Mines 25.. passive 25.. same with cog and perc~.. advance learning is the highest at 29..

I didn't say the level 60 skills meant anything special.. but when you get cultivation, you gain a massive advantage over me as a char.. Obviously as your character is much older.. So how is it fair that someone who already has a very old character be able to kill me 10 level below?

It isn't, as you and Wellington and many others could beat me.. And I've burned a nice amount of time cards on this character.. And consider myself to have a nice build.. But just because I want to use a feature , PKing in this case.. for the next 10 levels.. I couldn't go near T1 or where you all are usually at.. simply because I know I cannot win..? That will basically just make you guys extremely rich since..

The point is if you want PK'ing, you have to look at it from a completely different perspective.. 10 levels would limit it alot more, and lets face it if this is implemented it wouldn't be any different.. instead of high levels running low level territories it will be mid levels..and those few greedy retards will ruin the attempt to fix the PvP system. As a PK'rs point tho, a true one.. you want to make your opposition obsolete so I don't blaim you.. But no PvP restriction is what ruined the last game I played.. Strong/good players too servers, powerabusd like all hell.. eventually people moved to different servers.. new servers, lead to less population.. PVPr's had no thrive, had "won".. then they nerfed the PVP system in favor of those who were losing the wars.. and the servers we owned became unplayable to us, the better player.. That game used to have 70k players on at all times.. now a mere 40k or so..

Think Jeff will let his older playercore screw his newer ones such as myself?
Guess we will see.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #72
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Also, I think it was roguetiger or so who suggest you can stalk anyone.. that is a great idea..

But then again it would still be stupid high level could just come and kill people while pking..

Free ticket -> Town

And you people say I'm greedy by reporting things I see as bugs? Your pathetic, making suggestions without even thinking things thru that only benefits the high levels.. Nothing personal against you rogue~ lol I do like the idea but in no case whatsoever should anyone above 15 levels over someone should be attacking that person.. And there would be a huge bug, obviously.

PK, same to you.. not thinking about how long ago you started when trying to suggest something that would obviously benefit anOLDER player. Still love ya, but dammn what about meeeee

And I'm VERY glad I haven't gone PK on my alts now since every level 80 and his brother is going to be searching for those last few kills.. 3 of my friends with SPK's got decimated today by groups.. would have been such a waste of TC's

Very stupid to waste all your current SPK's/PK's RRT by releasing this information without some sort of safety net for them..

Last edited by Jadakris; 01-25-2010 at 02:07 AM..

Old 01-25-2010, 02:12 AM   #73
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuma View Post
here are a few things that i just thought of for penalties on pkk's

1) if a pk wins a fight against a pkk, the pkk looses 2x his lvl in rt.

Very nice idea

2) if a pk wins a fight against a pkk, the pkk looses 200k exp in every skill and stat that he has exp in.

Also nice, but should be based on level ofc..

3) if a pk wins a fight against a pkk, the pkk looses a soul-bound item equipped or not equipped + 40% of his gold.

If this is the case a bank of some sort would have to be put in aswell.. suggest 5 or 10% of the money rather.. much more fair

4) if a pk wins a fight against a pkk, the pkk gets 50% less exp (for all active and passive exp gains) for 1 or 2 weeks.

A day or two, not a week..don't really like this

if you think of more please post them. the permadeath for pk's makes any other penalty kinda obsolete. you already loose every item, gold and skills other then learning and if you don't have any other paid accounts or friends to give you gold, then you have to wait for bliss or start a new character to even be able to do anything
Hahaha good point...^

Old 01-25-2010, 02:21 AM   #74
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodbaden View Post
I really don't like the spk nerf thing, because if they have to fight every 2 days, then they are not really secret pk's, because the so called secret cannot be kept for more than 47 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Now if it was changed to something along the lines of "168 hours", and subsequent player kills (after their first successfull player kill) would not disseminate the zone they are in, but something less specific, such as WHAT TOWN they are near.
Bi-weekly wouldn't be bad at all.. a month would be perfect.. I mean personally I don't get to play much.. so it would be stupid for me to even bother going SPK.. Get to play for however long I can afford with TC's then goto work, or live my life..Come back and have to engage someone or on myself all over again just to use the feature.. And it's not like there isn't already going to be enough people actually starting to check for SPK's now.. in turn making them true PK's and have to live thru the 60 minute time with all the people 5 levels within their range hot on their asses..So how is it even fair at all that you have to flash every two days..

I mean, when I went SPK the first few times.. I didn't even bother to try to use the server reload.. I went SPK and just hunted thru it.. it isn't hard if you wait til latenight really.. as there is alot of zone that are just insanely huge (grasslands/mosslands/plains) that are around areas not commonly visited by higher levels.. So IMO you shouldn't be able to engage in combat 1 hour before the reset..or force..

Now to allow people to check for SPK's 15-30 min before SS.. would be cool if they couldn't actually fight you.. but could stalk you.. that way even after.. if you come back they will be there or they will know where you will be giving you a better chance to survive..

Old 01-25-2010, 03:04 AM   #75
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasterqb View Post
I meant have nonPks escape. And also why would you need to escape from combat if the person PKKing you is a measly 5 levels above you?
yall keep proving my point over and over again how +/-5 levels isnt enough ...thank you

jadakris i understand you PoV but look at it from the PK point of view...it makes PKing boring to limit it such.. as is a lvl 80 can kill a lvl 5 so making it so that a lvl 80 can kill a lvl 70 doesnt seem too much to me seems like plenty of balance to me
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Last edited by thatperson; 01-25-2010 at 03:06 AM..

Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #76
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
yall keep proving my point over and over again how +/-5 levels isnt enough ...thank you

jadakris i understand you PoV but look at it from the PK point of view...it makes PKing boring to limit it such.. as is a lvl 80 can kill a lvl 5 so making it so that a lvl 80 can kill a lvl 70 doesnt seem too much to me seems like plenty of balance to me

My point of view is the only real way to look at it. Maybe instead of making it 5 levels.. make it start at 5, then if you go above 5,people up to 10 can get you.. etc.. and so forth. More or less limits it at 5 levels unless YOU chose to play otherwise.. Cause really if you make it -10 to start, your going to screw alot of your lower level/new players way worse than the 10-20 active old players still using the PK system.

It's simply not a good way to expand a game.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #77
Glitchless
Administrator

We are very excited to be able to add the latest PK addition to the list: the removal of exhaustion from the game due to immediate local zone face updates. We know how much PK's hated the exhaustion update and with immediate local zone face updates it would no longer be a necessary evil.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #78
Lancelo

Great job Team Glitchless !

Old 01-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #79
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

can u please explain what immediate local zone face is?

Old 01-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #80
Poopooface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Curious to know if Glitchless has any non-PK PvP implementations planned for the future (Besides the tournaments in the TO DO list.) I think it's really a necessity since PK'ing isn't an option for everybody.
Dueling is pretty much the entirety of non-PK PvP. =/
actually pking is an option for everyone except for non-paid accounts.

Your lack of willingness to be a pk does not prevent it from being an option for you. You do.

In fact it is an option for you. If you like that option or not is not up to Glitchless and it is not Glitchless's responsibility to cater to your needs.