Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
RECOVER | REGISTER

Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #81
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

clearly you have to "work on the build" otherwise you'd just use the gem yourself
you're just grasping at straws cause you lose to him in duels and you are too lazy to use a proper apoc strategy which we know can already work

Old 02-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #82
thatperson
Epic Scholar

i dont use the gem yet because my build isnt complete (gem would make me regen bout 100/s right now without changing anything else) but in saying that since when is 2 pieces of equipment 2 runes and stockpiling 1 stat working on a build?...thanks tho for your failure to understand

im not too lazy to use the strategy in fact i have bought apoc gems for my bag ...just kind of pointless to have to use apoc to kill someone especially when that lowers my overall defense and heals in battle causing me to take longer to kill him and him having higher chance of just redrawing sacrigenesis
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #83
Koizumi
Crab Defiler

Nerfing the gem would nerf it for all builds, not just Scrambles build. IF, and it's a big if, the build needs a nerf then it should be done to the scaling of hp regen at higher levels. But then pretty please introduce the same scaling to ALL stats. Recovery is and will forever be the throwaway for most builds anyway.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #84
scrambles
Gem Pouch Expert

Something that alot of people forget is that regen is only useful if you utilize as much gear as possible that adds to the bonus. Because of this a regener has to sacrifice alot of beneficial perks such as damage boosting helm/bp, not to mention having to use 1/3 of our rune slots to that could go towards an even further increase in dmg or maybe even vamping capabilities.

Really fast hp recovery is the only thing that is going for this build. Take that away and you have a mongoloid bm with half eaten samiches for pets and feather dusters for whips.

In the mean time just look for more alternative ways that can take me down. There are a few ways already, plus I'm sure an undiscovered lg wep may be released sometime in the future that may be a game changer.

Last edited by scrambles; 02-23-2013 at 08:58 PM..

Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #85
scrambles
Gem Pouch Expert

There is no real reason to nerf a gem that ultimately limits what i can do in arena as is. I am lucky if i get a taunt off that is higher than r2 and I can only run up to a r3 rabid successfully in arena due to having to taunt. Not to mention how complicated this gem makes things since I can only use rabid and taunts w/in a 2 second window before sacrigenesis saps what little mana/energy I have. My gem life is literally....*sacrigenesis proc* wait 2 seconds *rabid proc* (if i time it correctly) wait 1-2 seconds *taunt* *sacrigenesis proc*

If i slip up my timing by a few milliseconds i have to discard rabid or wait another 5 secs before another taunt.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #86
Cyress
Boss Hunter

Regen is a parlor trick, compensation for weakness. It works for now because its a newly revisited concept, but parlor tricks can only take you so far.

There are builds availible through various LG weapon combinations that render regeneration totaly irrelevent, and the stat sacrifice it takes to get a regener to work the way its currently being used makes them vulnerable to these builds where as a traditional pure tank would withstand.

In short, enjoy it while it lasts <3

Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #87
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Meh, I don't even see why you would lower the cost that much. Doesn't it have nearly the same costs that say a r5 vaccination, or like a broadhead aura..?

They don't have no -fail upkeeps.

The issue I have with regen (I'm sure is much the reason that it does have a no fail upkeep, and used to be capped).. is people use it to be next to impossible to kill.. when in reality its supposed to be a build support, rather than a build line.

Honestly, Scrambles IS the reason this should be nerfed. Hate to say it, but anyone who puts 900+ stats into health regen is mentally handicapped.

I really am beginning to lose desire to even bother with this game because it's so unbalanced and people use these imbalances to win some very minor arena matches..
I cannot understand why someone would want to build such a ****ty build to have 6-7 minute arena fights to only end up with what? .. 2k rating?

Then you have people like Pedro & Group who have been trying to use "the next big thing" for how many seasons now? And they might finally get away with it this time. And I think that mostly has to do with Double Accel over the entire regen thing..but still

Regen should either have a cap like it used to, or have its legendary gear and gems reworked so you can no longer be healing like 1.2k per tick.. And really don't wanna hear about Scrambles whine about legendary gear and how much he has invested into his suit because ANYONE with a half decent toon has to spend just the same amount of cash for their suits.. especially healers who have to use tons of mana/energy to heal for as much as regeners do and are limited because they don't have no fail upkeeps.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #88
Conqueror
Rare Collector

In my opinion, base in combat tick rates for pre, mre and regen are too low.

With 200 mre/reg, I was getting 4 mana/health per tick.
With 400ish mre/reg, it was around 8 mana/health per tick.

With runes (manatic, euphoric, regen) and with the proper gear (things that boost regen rates like the earth fusion gear, 88 helmet, slow loris etc etc), the amount per tick can be significantly improved. But the base is too low.

For example:

Lets say that I have 400 reg and my base in combat tick size is 8.

8 * 1.25 (25 % bonus from earth fusion bp) * 1.33 (33% bonus from earth fusion helmet) * 2 (regen 5++) * 1.5 (euphoric 5++) * 4 (sacrigenesis) = 159.6

I think I did it correctly.

A better approach would be to raise the base in combat regen value so that it is not so low - the end result would still be 159.6 but the base would be higher (lets say 40 instead of 8). Everything else would be adjusted accordingly to keep the end result the same.

Would make folks more eager to give recovery a shot. I have been wanting to add regen to my build (mre to my caster build). But if I do not want to use the runes, earth fusion gear and sacrigenesis gems (no such gem for mana/energy), then the stat points would be better off placed elsewhere.

8 as a base value for 400 plus in a stat is way too low imo.

Last edited by Conqueror; 03-06-2013 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: Restating the point more clearly

Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #89
Darkdingus
Rare Collector

Conq, I would tend to agree, but there's a catch.

I think the boost when the stat is raised should be more significant, but in doing so, it would make the stat differ from how other stats work. As an example, here's the Dur/HP comparison of a level 85 character:
201 Dur 3185 HP
400 Dur 5995 HP

Thus, going from 200 to 400 does a little less than double the amount received from the stat. This seems to be consistent with other characteristics (I've done personal tests with MST and PST)

If you increased the base, the cap would increase as well. Anything less would make regeners whine because it would make their stat choice less relevant (since people not focused on said stat could reach something near their previous results)

Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #90
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Lower gem cost, remove no fail upkeep, make it so that all points in regen with a few tempers and half decent BM skills + afk = win.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #91
Ripple
Temporarily Suspended

bump for friend

Old 06-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #92
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

for a laugh?

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 06-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #93
Koizumi
Crab Defiler

Buff regeners.

Where are all those regener rerollers people were predicting?

Old 06-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #94
Ripple
Temporarily Suspended

no they just wanted to go regen so i said check this post. they are escared it will get big nurf.