Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Physical Ability Gems
Old 04-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Default Physical Ability Gems

Would be nice to see some gems that work for melee and ranged attacks (and even pets).

I'm not talking about passive gems, but Clickable gems.

Ofcourse, they shouldn't make the other gem-types useless for melee/ranged users, so the selection should be very limited and sometimes even provide bigger penalties than bonuses to force you to use them tactically.

Notes:
- The effects of these gems are consumed even if you fail to hit
- Some gem effects can be aimed at specific weapon types like Slashing, Staves or Whips.
- Some gem effects can be a X% bonus while others can be a fixed X. Some will benefit slow weapons more, while others can be focused around fast hits.

Melee
- Heroism - White Gem - (Costs Energy) Your next auto-attack does an additional X damage and hits all opponents.
- Titan - Green Gem - (Costs Energy) Increases the swing delay of your next auto-attack by X% but increases its damage by Y%.
- Oppression - Black Gem - (Costs Mana) Your next auto-attack destroys X of your target's Mana, dealing that amount as DD.
- (new) Exhaustion - Black Gem - (Costs Energy) Your next auto-attack destroys X of your target's Energy, dealing that amount as DD.
- (new) Tyranny - Black Gem - (Costs Energy and Mana) Your next auto-attack destroys X of your target's Energy and Mana, dealing the total amount as DD.
- (new) Meteor Strike - Red Gem - (Costs Energy) Your next auto-attack has its damage spread by all living opponents, but deals an additional X damage per living opponent.
- (new) Swift Strike - White Gem - (Costs Energy) Your next auto-attack has X sec reduced Delay and you immediately draw a gem from your pouch.
- (new) Fury - Red Gem - (Costs Energy) Increases damage dealt by your next attack X% but you are unable to Parry or Block for Y seconds.

Ranged
- Igneous - Red Gem - (Costs Mana) Your next auto-shot hits all opponents for an additional X damage.
- (new) Quick Shot - White Gem - (Costs Energy) Your next auto-shot has a X sec reduced delay and you immediately draw a gem from your pouch.

Melee and Ranged
- Berserk - Red Gem - (Costs Energy) Reduces the swing delay of your melee and ranged attacks by X% for Y seconds.
- (new) Recklessness - Red Gem - (Costs Energy and Mana) Increases any melee, ranged and direct damage taken by X% and your melee and ranged damage dealt by Y% for Z seconds.
- (new) Blood Strike - Black Gem - (Costs HP) Your next auto-attack or auto-shot causes an additional Y% damage for Z seconds.
- Blood Craze - Black Gem - (Costs HP) Your auto-attacks sacrifice X health to deal Y% increased damage for Z seconds.
- (new) Imbue - Blue Gem - (Costs Energy and Mana) The next DD gem you use will also add its effect to your first subsequent auto-attack or auto-shot.
- (new) Multistrike - Red Gem - (Costs Energy) Your next auto-attack has a X% increased chance to be a Doublestrike with both weapons or your next auto-shot has a Y% increased chance to be a Trishot.

Pet
- (new) Command - Green Gem - (Costs Energy and Mana) Causes both Pets to perform a double attack or double heal on their next action.

Last edited by Nurvus; 06-28-2011 at 07:29 AM..

Old 04-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
wolfprincezerone

id like to see this to, because there are gems to powerup your DD gem.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

its some interesint ideas though you suggest one targeting mana but not one targeting energy if you can attack to lower mana it should be possible for energy as well

Old 04-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
Sporky
Gem Pouch Expert

i like it. all the gems are really only made for casters so far. would make the game a lot more interesting for melee.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfprincezerone View Post
id like to see this to, because there are gems to powerup your DD gem.
Tho it would not count like that. It'd be just a buff to your next action or a buff with a timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor-warlord View Post
its some interesint ideas though you suggest one targeting mana but not one targeting energy if you can attack to lower mana it should be possible for energy as well
I didn't suggest everything. Just a brainstorm.
Overall it would mess with next attack, buff overtime, etc.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Any more constructive criticism on this?

Old 04-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
Would be nice to see some gems that work for melee and ranged attacks.
This would require a slight "nerf" to the melee/ranged abilities since they are balanced around the current variety of gems.

Ofcourse, they shouldn't make the other gem-types useless for melee/ranged users, so the selection should be very limited.

Melee:
- Heroism - White Gem - (Costs Energy) Your next auto-attack does an additional X damage and hits all opponents.
- Titan - Green Gem - (Costs Energy) Increases the swing delay of your next auto-attack by X% but increases its damage by Y%.
- Oppression - (Costs Mana) Your next auto-attack burns X of your target's mana.

Ranged:

- Igneous - Red Gem - (Costs Mana) Your next auto-shot hits all opponents for an additional X damage.

Both:
- Berserk - Red Gem - (Costs Energy). Reduces the swing delay of your melee and ranged attacks by X% for Y seconds.
- Blood - Black Gem - (Costs HP). Each melee and ranged attack sacrifices X% of your HP to cause an additional Y% damage for Z seconds.

I vote no to stat or (melee/ranged) buffing stones. Yes spellcasters have an advantage with their spells, however we normally dont level up in melee skills, therefore i hardly ever hit with melee weapons anyways... and you all have ways of doing tripple hits and quad hits...

Sho,
The Fire-Mage

Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Excellent suggestion, Will be great for PvP, adds alot of interesting combonations, and yes it will also help casters, not just melee/archers.

And most important of all, finally gives Melee/Archers a reason to level magic stats, for something besides heals and taunts.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
Srci

Good idea!

Old 04-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
zenga
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

This idea will influence many current builds once again. So therefore i hope they'll never be implemented unless there are countergems available that do not require to much adaption to use them. However, if they were implemented from the start of the game it would be awesome.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
zenga
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
And most important of all, finally gives Melee/Archers a reason to level magic stats, for something besides heals and taunts.
With 100 melee, 100 defense, 80 magic and the right colors/magic skills up - there are currently quite some nice things you can do (dd gems, reflection gems, dots, ...) as an archer/melee fighter. So i kinda disagree that at this moment magic is limited to taunts and heals. Of course not to the same extend as mages, but thats not the goal either.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:02 AM   #12
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga View Post
This idea will influence many current builds once again. So therefore i hope they'll never be implemented unless there are countergems available that do not require to much adaption to use them. However, if they were implemented from the start of the game it would be awesome.
And just because you automatically assume it cannot be implemented without messing with the existant builds, you would refuse to acknowledge a potential improvement to the quality of melee and ranged gameplay?

Every change messes something even if little - adds a few more things to focus on, wich may change the balance between several aspects of the game.

That much is inevitable.

EDITED: Inetivable? I must be dislexic or something...

Old 06-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #13
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

This was posted long ago, but I believe it's a very important and unique potential addition to the game, and rather than making a new thread with a different name, I thought I'd resurrect this one.

Melee and Ranged Class gameplay is currently very focused on passive procs with very reduced interaction with Gems. The rate of gem draw is incredibly slow, often based on Auras, Cantrips and passive effects.

I would like to see some more ideas and thoughts on this.
I added new ideas to the first post.

Last edited by Nurvus; 06-25-2011 at 08:00 AM..

Old 06-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

support

Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Here it is, the "improved Totem" suggestion.
I bumped the wrong topic last time.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #16
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Any comments?

Old 04-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTigeR View Post
support
I agree with the first part of your post.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #18
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Didn't read actual gem descriptions but I support clickable physical dmg buff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Didn't read actual gem descriptions but I support clickable physical dmg buff.
You should read some of them because they're awesome.
Everyme agrees.

Last edited by Nurvus; 04-22-2012 at 09:05 AM..

Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #20
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

I'm pretty sure the only ones that disagree with this concept are those that take pleasure in boring, skill-less auto-attacking without using gems whatsoever.