Voting System?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Underkid
Boss Hunter

Default Voting System?

I'm a newb, and this doesnt concern my gameplay whatsoever, but i would like to know ure opinions on something, as our clan often invites low lvl players and in order for them to proceed in a steady rate we need to help them with epics and many other stuff, and many stopped playing as they saw they couldnt achieve much on their own (im not saying it's always like this, some stayed, i stayed and i was a low lvl caster without boon to help out or pretty much anything else, like many of my nod friends and all of us when we started, just saying that new players to play/share/compete with is a good thing in my opinion )...

About the idea, i know it can be exploited, as many ppl mentioned when i talked about this ingame, but wouldn't it be a good thing to be able to vote for nod on those mmo sites and related ones? (im not saying nod needs to be compared to others or anything) and as a reward there could be some vote points or something, where everyone could trade it for "face time" (hours, minutes, something else?) - wich would be specially "awesome" for new players or those who never had a tc, where they could gather materials and stuff to sell while they were Ns, but when they had those minutes of face, they would put their stuff in the ah in hopes of getting enough gold to buy a tc.

Dunno if i made myself clear, this is just to help newcomers: they would find another reason to spend their rrt wiselly, nod would receive more votes and potencially get a new influx of players, and players would still spend their cash on nod cause a few minutes of face wouldnt get them fa'ar, so they would still buy upgrades and tcs and sorts

about exploiting to get many points when logging multiple toons, that could be somewhat prevented with the points being awarded to a sole character, this being ip based or something similar...

this was probably discussed already, and if so sorry for spaming :P

let the ideas flow, mighty nodders!

thank you, love u all

Old 06-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Hionmaiden
Temporarily Suspended

This is a good idea, many private servers do a daily vote ( every 24 hours) they've managed to stop the proxy servers so they can't multiple complete the voting.. Im pretty sure jeff could do the same thing. This could help make the game bigger with hardly any cost to jeff, if not jeff may even get paid, and more people will gradually join this dying game..

I support!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Hionmaiden
Temporarily Suspended

Game websites and such. Like mmohot, or other various websites.. I have no idea, but I presume it would be stuff like that

Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

I support something like this to bring in new players.

Another way to explain this is on a game I used to play, you would get 2 points (that goes towards premium time or cold be sold to other players) for voting for the game through a link to a mmo rating website. There were like 4 diff websites and each gave 2 pts. The more points the game had the higher on the list on the mmo rating site, occasionally being featured etc. which would bring in more players through pretty much free advertising.

The reward and how much it'll be doesn't matter IMO, as long as it is enough incentive to get players to vote for nod on whatever mmo rating site, which would hopefully bring in new players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Underkid
Boss Hunter

Exactly

I used to play lineage 2, and every now and then i used to try a few things on private servers with higher rates, and believe me, the servers with the most votes were the ones to attract more new players everyday, and there are plenty of mmo voting sites like this, and like the 2pac soldier said, some games are even featured sometimes .... i also have the idea that this shouldnt be hard to implement, since some of the private servers i tried were ran by noob ppl like me, but i could be wrong

peace

Old 06-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
Ebonflame
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Ebonflame Send a message via Yahoo to Ebonflame

The problem I can see with this is that so many people have so many alternate characters the voting results could be seriously skewed.

-The Crow

Disclaimer: I shall in no way, shape, or form be responsible for any butthurt you suffer when I put your stupidity on display. If you don't want to be mocked, then don't be an idiot.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
Underkid
Boss Hunter

The servers i played u could have 10 chars logged and only the first one would get the points, ip based or something, dunno... i tried using an ip changing program on another pc to get more points, but cant remeber if it worked since this was before playing nod, but im pretty sure it didnt (not sure on this though)

Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #8
Underkid
Boss Hunter

Bump?