Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Focused Altars of Sacrifice
Old 05-10-2015, 10:56 PM   #1
Noodlesauce
Rat Slayer

Smile Focused Altars of Sacrifice

Hey guys. It's been almost a month since I came back to nod after nearly six months of break. Things are changing for the better (somewhat), but at least I'm not stuck in the high-level-low-skills catch 22 anymore.

I've been paying a lot of attention to my skills recently, and buying/farming a LOT of trophies (much more than I've been used to), and finally using them in all the right places.
But I think I speak for everyone when I say, that that one stack of 25 blood lake combats would have been so much better if it had gone to suiting instead of Petsmanship (only 350k exp to level, ffs!), only because the altars are so close together.

Would it be possible to have some sort of system where you could zoom (even only about 50%) into an altar before sacrificing, to reduce the chance of accidentally dumping trophies into a place where you don't want to?
It's a waste of trophies, and since it adds up, it's also quite a waste of exp (and in my case, boon.)

I hope to see it implemented, it would save me and several others a lot of heartache. NB: Preferably as a "fix", of sorts instead of an upgrade. It affects the lower levels much more than it affects us, due to their limited capabilities, rested time, and access to trophies.

I'd just like to say thanks, and end by saying that the only reason I have the 47 bow equipped on Tsomet is because that's how many times I've accidentally levelled Archery instead of Slashing.
Cheers.

Last edited by Noodlesauce; 05-10-2015 at 11:14 PM..

Old 05-10-2015, 11:02 PM   #2
RavenShadow
Boss Hunter

It's not a bad idea, instead of the zoom idea because its a pain in the rear, he could move an altar to the other side of the church door and give the remaining three on the other side some more space. Would be an easier "fix". even a altar toggle would work too.

Last edited by RavenShadow; 05-10-2015 at 11:14 PM..

Old 05-10-2015, 11:13 PM   #3
oderman
Gem Pouch Expert

in the case of boon, yeah, just delevel. but as for wasting exp, I have had my share as well It would be great, imo, if whatever skills you have set to active would show when you mouse over the designated alter. (I.E. suiting when moused over defense alter, whips when over beast mastery etc..) But that does not affect the miss placement of trophys when speed burning (or mouse slip). maybe something that could "shut down" an alter by right clicking it and chooseing that option? "Sorry but you will have to re-activate this alter to drop trophys in it"

Old 05-10-2015, 11:20 PM   #4
Noodlesauce
Rat Slayer

Toggle does seem like the most reasonable option, Ravenshadow just suggested it to me in-game as well. Oder, you beat him by a matter of seconds. :P

Delevelling is of course an option, but there's no chance to recover the lost trophies.
Those with DA have it a lot harder, though their farming speed and quantity of trophies received per fight is significantly higher than most.

Plus, a lot of purists I know like to have all their others stats at 0, without even a hint of the green exp bar. :P That's a personal thing though, I don't expect that to be taken under consideration. Just a perspective.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:05 AM   #5
Oneangel
Rare Collector

U really want glitch to use his time working on this? It makes little sense to me, you just go farm more trophies if you wasted some. I'm not saying I haven't dropped trophies on to the wrong alter myself a few times, but it is a player error in concentration and not from a difficult to follow user interface.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 05-11-2015, 07:58 AM   #6
Hooker
Gem Pouch Expert

slow down and take your time then if youre having that much trouble sacrificing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Player mistakes have to be lived with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:05 AM   #7
oderman
Gem Pouch Expert

bump

Last edited by oderman; 05-11-2015 at 08:21 AM..

Old 05-11-2015, 08:34 AM   #8
Qratos
Gem Pouch Expert

I've never once put trophies onto an alter that I didn't intend too. I don't see a problem with with the current setup. Slow down or just delevel the skill to get your boon back.