Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Old 01-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

I support this change.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #22
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Any chance we get lv0-1 pet?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

I definitely support the lvl 1 pet "Bee" 1-1 damage, 50 delay, crappy stats.

Because all of us cap players always forget about when we were new. This is to help NEW players, so that they will eventually buy TC and feed your TC fetishes. Please cap players, this is for the good of the community,

Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorbladestorm View Post
I definitely support the lvl 1 pet "Bee" 1-1 damage, 50 delay, crappy stats.

Because all of us cap players always forget about when we were new. This is to help NEW players, so that they will eventually buy TC and feed your TC fetishes. Please cap players, this is for the good of the community,
Makes sense.

A level 1 pet that isn't worth much but makes you feel like you've accomplished something when you get it. I do still remember that long wait to get petsmanship to 10.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #25
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

I agree 100% with this suggestion.

Every single other class can use their CA at level 0 in all skills. There should be a level 0 pet in the castille Pet Shop.

Last edited by Boog; 04-18-2012 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: I'm retarded and think pets come from inns

Old 04-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #26
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

Support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #27
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

I want a flower pet. Kills your enemies with beauty.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #28
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Bring more feedback, please.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #29
moblob
Boss Hunter

if glitch were to add this...then he would have to do the same to every weapon type. bms have the advantage of being able to put both spirits and combats in the same altar for the needed skills. some casters start as an archer because archers and casters can have similar builds. bms and slashers have similar builds and there are plenty of good slashers up to level 40 when bms begin to start being op. usually starting out as a bm from the very beginning does not go very well even with a boost to start off. If you are having problems with this then just start using a different weapon type and level the stat skills you need in order to become a good bm at higher levels. i did this when i started and i got plenty of the items and skills i needed by the time i got to lvl 40 then all i needed to do at that point was to delevel my slashing and get two whips and boom i was off. it is a good way to start off...

Old 06-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #30
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

I'm sorry but I completely disagree.

Whips are purely inferior to slashers, piercers and crushers.

A BM that actually builds BM from the start will suck horribly.
Plus they can't use their CA until Petmanship 10, and it'll be half as effective until Petmanship 30 - ridiculous.
Even if they can put both types of trophies in Beastmastery Altar, the fact still stands that a BM can't play as a BM until 10 Petmanship.

What I'm asking is not game breaking, but it is a major improvement in terms of feel for new players who try BMs.

As a caster you CAN successfully build staves and gems and be a true caster from lv1.

The same goes for all other types except Beastmaster.

We are talking here of gameplay from Petmanship 1 to Petmanship 9 - period.

EDIT:
This suggestion is for new players.

Not for veterans who just feed their low level alt with loads of high level trophies and gets skills to Lv10 in one go...

Last edited by Nurvus; 06-17-2012 at 08:00 AM..

Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #31
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlinger View Post
I started out as a "true" level 1 BM leveling nothing but whips and petmanship. I did just as good as any other build in the game until said level 40 when they are actually good. I didn't have any mains feeding me since this IS my main, all you gotta do is devote 100% combat to slashing support skills and dump the spirits into pet skills. Once the slash supporting skills are at player level or above dump all trops into beast mastery. It's not that hard, just a lack of devotion and being lazy and wanting a Staple 'EASY' button... just my 2 cents
Until you get Whips, you aren't playing BM.
You just made my point by saying you built non-BM from the start.
BM still needs to develop Magic and Melee skills when focusing on Beastmastery and Whips, so you're getting nowhere with your argument.

It's not about an Easy button. It's about giving new players - NEW PLAYERS - a REAL feel of Beastmaster.

Everyone who had an "easy time leveling BM at the start" did so by playing it like a Slasher until they had good enough Petmanship to change to BM - that's not playing a BM.
Furthermore, there's no way in hell BM will be "just as easy as other classes" at start - compare it to Warrior or Weaponmaster or Rogue, using Crusher/Slasher/Piercer, respectively.

No way BM is going to level just as fast or faster by using Slasher, when their Class Bonus applies to Pets, and their CA is unusable without pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roeth View Post
All replies to this thread have been on the basis of people that know the game very well, or could just go paid on a new toon, and chuck a stack of trophies into getting their BM decent from the start.
Look at it from the point of a totally new player, who isn't paid, doesn't have boon, or a massive main to feed trophies. Suddenly, BMs are pretty slow to level.
Whips do poor damage compared to slashers (the 37 whip has virtually identical DPS to the 28 slasher, and the 74 whip is pretty close to the 52), you don't get ANY CA until petmanship 10, and only half your CA until petmanship 30.

Yes, after level 40, when Fire and Ice comes in, BMs are very nice and easy to play.
But to everyone who says they are so OP, where are all the BM level 85 farmers ?
Where are all the people rerolling from caster/crusher to BM, if it's so massively OP ?
Where are the teams of 3 BMs taking down the arena, and ranked first ?
Where are the BMs killing in under 10 seconds in N lake ?

BMs, OP ? really ?

I support the idea of this thread, for 1 or 2 very weak pets (petmanship 1 and 6, for example)
This should be read by everyone, specially Glitchless.

Last edited by Nurvus; 09-27-2013 at 07:00 AM..

Old 09-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #32
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

End game over skilled characters?

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 09-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #33
Oneangel
Rare Collector

On one hand, I can see how a lvl 0-1 uncommon pet would help new players that wanna go for a whip from the start. On the other hand, new players have it way easier than when we had it already. Trophies cost 1/7 th what they did when we started and if unpaid new players they still get a c/a which a lot if us didn't have at all when we started. When I was new I tried lots of weapon types out and had fun and learned lots by doing so. Make the path too clear and they will never discover the wonders of deviation from normality.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 09-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
>.>
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roeth View Post
All replies to this thread have been on the basis of people that know the game very well, or could just go paid on a new toon, and chuck a stack of trophies into getting their BM decent from the start.
Look at it from the point of a totally new player, who isn't paid, doesn't have boon, or a massive main to feed trophies. Suddenly, BMs are pretty slow to level.
Whips do poor damage compared to slashers (the 37 whip has virtually identical DPS to the 28 slasher, and the 74 whip is pretty close to the 52), you don't get ANY CA until petmanship 10, and only half your CA until petmanship 30.

Yes, after level 40, when Fire and Ice comes in, BMs are very nice and easy to play.
But to everyone who says they are so OP, where are all the BM level 85 farmers ? Just check N lake. They're everywhere
Where are all the people rerolling from caster/crusher to BM, if it's so massively OP ? See previous, BM's are farming as fast or faster than casters with less clicking.
Where are the teams of 3 BMs taking down the arena, and ranked first ?
Where are the BMs killing in under 10 seconds in N lake ? Quite a few actually, its why many casters are switching to bm

BMs, OP ? really ?

I support the idea of this thread, for 1 or 2 very weak pets (petmanship 1 and 6, for example)
3/4 is not bad, give it time Im sure it will be 4/4

Old 10-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #35
Skullythethird
Neophyte

being a low-lvl bm myself, I know that bm killspeed sucks at a low level.

HOWEVER: it would appear they have a higher rate of survivability than other classes.
I think BMs are fine the way they are, tho I do support the idea of a low-level pet besides timmy the turtle

Old 10-07-2013, 02:39 AM   #36
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 03:33 PM..

Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #37
killgore
Boss Hunter

I am running a clan with first time players right now, they have no problem getting a rat, and honestly, it lasts them about a day before they get a turtle. The skills are there for a BM with whips from the start, it just takes a lot of work if you want to make it work at a low level. Predacity, taming and loyalty, all of these are available in the first tier and boost damage to awesome levels for even low tier pets. It is just like any other class, they just take work to make it happen, I would much rather see some different low end content added rather than a pet that lasts for 2-4 levels and does no damage when new players who start as BM's can get a rat in no less than 1-2 hours of playtime.