Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

***Phat's Guide for Complete Noobs and Lazy People***
Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
Phatlewt

Exclamation ***Phat's Guide for Complete Noobs and Lazy People***

Since it won't fit here.....

Check out the full thing on Adamska's new site.

http://www.nodiatis.info/phatlewt.htm

Please continue to post comments here.

Last edited by Phatlewt; 08-19-2008 at 04:22 PM..

Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

an interesting guide but from what i read its only usefull for players that want tobe melee slashing chars its almost the same as making a group of 3 of the same chars there isnt much of a challange in that and it sounds quite boring in my opnion

Old 07-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Phatlewt

It's not supposed to be challenging or exciting. It's supposed to get you through the game relatively easily, without dying, or costing a lot of gold.

And after the Scorched Longsword you switch to Piercing.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #4
Phatlewt

Update: added Phase VII

Old 07-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
Adamska

Good job with this Phatlewt, it isn't for complete noobs either, some people may just be in this level range and need some direction.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
Phatlewt

Thanks. Added Phase VII

Old 08-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
Mangrove

Hahaha! that was fun reading! great effort on the efficiency analyses, Phatlewt. I like your way of thinking. I wish i read this before i started, could always start again i guess. can't wait for Phase VIII ;-)

Old 08-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #8
Phatlewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangrove View Post
Hahaha! that was fun reading! great effort on the efficiency analyses, Phatlewt. I like your way of thinking. I wish i read this before i started, could always start again i guess. can't wait for Phase VIII ;-)
Thanks, I'm glad you read the whole thing and liked it. I've already written Phase VIII, IX, and X. but they don't fit within the word limit. Maybe I can work something out with Adamaska....

Last edited by Phatlewt; 08-15-2008 at 09:41 PM..

Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
Adamska

Yea yea, need to get all my directories set up!

If you have all of it saved to one file, just forward it to me and I will upload tonight and put a link here.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #10
Adamska

Phatlewt's Beginner's Guide to Leveling is now available at nodiatis.info. Check it out here!

Any more??
Old 03-22-2009, 06:05 AM   #11
chadtlower

Default Any more??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatlewt View Post
Thanks, I'm glad you read the whole thing and liked it. I've already written Phase VIII, IX, and X. but they don't fit within the word limit. Maybe I can work something out with Adamaska....
So I am a full fledged noob and finding your guide helpful. I noticed you now have XI posted... but that was a few months ago.

Are you still working on posing more?

Also, are you open to suggestions/criticism on things you already have posted?

ct

Old 03-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #12
Music

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/no...fan-sites.html

Old 03-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #13
weredragon

question: don't see "angelic disfavor" in t1...is it renamed or am i cluless and somehow can't read even after mousing over every gem icon in all the shops and then inn twice?

Old 03-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
chadtlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredragon View Post
question: don't see "angelic disfavor" in t1...is it renamed or am i cluless and somehow can't read even after mousing over every gem icon in all the shops and then inn twice?
That was one (of many) of my comments.

Anyone else?
Old 03-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #15
chadtlower

Default Anyone else?

It appears the two original posters to this thread are MIA.

I think this guide has a lot of potential, but am too new to really clean it up. Is anyone able/willing to adopt this guide?

dated
Old 03-30-2009, 11:39 PM   #16
Temujinn

Default dated

The information, while good, seems a bit dated.
Much I cannot speak on because I generally play caster classes, but two things leap out at me.
1. Good luck finding a rat in town 1. If you are not lucky enough to have one drop from a boss fight. The only reliable source is town 3.
2. I cannot find 'Angelic Disfavor' anywhere in town 1.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 AM   #17
chadtlower

Well if you are looking for some questions/mistakes about the guide I found so far (not a complete list):

Phase 1: "Immediately do the tutorial." Part of the tutorial is to fight a few creatures to get trophies. Should we fight together as suggested later? Why not suggest grouping at this stage when we are very weak?

Phase 2: After the tutorial (wouldn't it be better to do it before?), we are to set passive advancement to passive, then when we reach skill 1, use passive to increase other skills. What about the rest of the Learning skills? Keep training passive? Train other categories? There are a bunch of learning skills, why are they all ignored after this one sentence?

"As you main stats level up..." It would be nice to put these in the order we will see them as we complete Melee, Magic, Defense, Recovery--and even tell us what "category(ies)" will be the one increased. As a side note, the guide tells us to increase max mana and mana regeneration rate, yet the first two gems we are told to get (that I could find) use energy, not mana. Is this an oversight, or will we need the mana at some point in the future? It would have been nice to find out here.

Phase 3: "Do this with all three chars while fighting in the same square." Grouped or ungrouped?

Phase 4: "You will find out why in Phase V." But we never do.

"finish all the Seer's quests in the same square, IE: together" This is the first indication that any fighting in the same square should be "together." May want to use the word "grouped" as that is what it is called in Nodiatis. As another side note, there are several places where we are to group (and even solo group), yet we are never told about the group acumen skill (or told to increase it) so what is the point of solo grouping if there is no external benefit as from fighting alone?

Phase 5: “Okay now you have no more quests until ashen trail (except for the ogre)” I never received this as a quest item. The difficulty of the fight makes it seem like a quest, though.

“Now don't "Ungroup" but put each player in their own square because: THEY WILL BE FIGHTING ALONE UNTIL LVL 4.” See earlier comment about group acumen.

“And you get between 1-3 trophies as well.” I found as I got higher in level, the number of trophies I earned were less and less. Was this an update to the game? As such, should the strategy be changed? For my characters, I earned Petmanship much later than the guide implied—I think partially because I did not get as many trophies at this stage.

Phase 6: “Now go to the Tavern and buy 2 Minor Heal, 1 Minor Repair, and 1 Angelic Disfavor.” Three issues with this... first, there is no tavern (I think you meant The Inn). Second, there are no spells called minor heal, minor repair, or angelic disfavor. I ended up purchasing Healing Touch 1 and Gradual Repair 1. In fact, I bought TWO Healing Touch and found (third) I could only equip ONE until my Gem Handling skill reached 10, but nowhere in the guide do we increase that skill. There is a similar gem that seem to do the same thing as Healing Touch called Heaven’s Glance 1 (looks green, but is a white gem) which uses Mana (instead of energy like the other two (see complaint in Phase 2)). Is that what was meant about buying 2 minor heals? But later, we are told to buy THREE of the same gem. As for Angelic Disfavor, I could not find any gem of that name I even went to some of the Nodiatis wiki’s and looked for anything close and still have no clue what you are referring to. Later in the guide (Phase 9), you mention, “They do a little bit more damage than Angelic Disfavor and are cheap.” So these are offensive spells? But you just went on against offensive spells in favor of healing spells!

“Go back to town and complete your ogre quest.” As stated in Phase 5, this was not a quest. Is it necessary to go back to town? (I assume you mean T1? Might want to explain the T1, T2... designations earlier.)

“Buy each char a RAT.” To be honest, during my first boss fight (fisherman), one character received a rat. While fighting on the docks, that SAME CHARACTER received another rat from random drops. Eventually another character received a rat from a random drop. At this point in the guide, I only had one character without a rat (and because this is a free account, I could not trade from the character with the two rats). I went to T1 to buy a rat, which they had one (must have been sold by a paying player), but I could not purchase it as my Petmanship skill was not 10 yet. Normally, though T1 does not carry rats (as other people in this thread have already mentioned).

Phase 7: “Buy each char either a Scorched Longsword or a Quickskinner. Personally I use the Quickskinner.” In Phase 6, you say “The next weapon we want is the Scorched Longsword.” I know you wrote the phases separately, but some consistency would be nice.

“If your suiting is lvl 6 go to the armor shop. Buy lvl 6 chest, arms, and legs. Buy lvl 5 helm and shield. If you are hurting for gold, go all lvl 5 stuff. You really won't notice much of a difference.” If we won’t notice much of a difference, why not just buy all 5 stuff and save our money for the next batch of armor (that is what I ended up doing even though I could afford the level 6 chest arm and legs.

Have to go. More later.