Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
RECOVER | REGISTER

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 01-05-2020, 04:15 AM   #41
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,549
Default

PK Revamp Progress: 45%
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2020, 06:11 AM   #42
Aesonicus
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Aesonicus's Avatar
 
Aesonicus is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post


Main Points

-You are safe from player forced combat if you are under level 20, or in a town, or use the log out button to completely log out.

-By sacrificing a Bouquet of Orchids in a burning volcano, you cross over to the dark side and become a PK permanently.

-PKs will steal up to 25% of the gold you carry if they kill you. This amount is further capped and reduced based on level. A level 60 could lose at most 200k gold, but a level 90 could lose 1.5m. Half the gold stolen is kept by the PK, the other half goes toward increasing the bounty on their head. There is no item looting.

-If you get killed by a PK you cannot be attacked by another PK until you consume another 8 hours of rested time, so you can level without fear. This immunity is lost if you attack a PK.

-You can attack and kill a PK without becoming one yourself. Doing so is a valiant deed and if you manage to kill one, you will receive all their current gold and their gold bounty. The bounty begins at 5 million and goes up as the PK steals gold from victims. Players who kill PKs are known as PKKs, but this is just a label and has no effect on your character.

-If a PK dies to a player, they lose all gold and all non-Legendary combat skills, returning them to level 1. They don't lose items.

-PKs get 3x the experience and trophy drops of normal players provided they have a unique and viable* kill within the past 7 days. This does not stack with Reroller's Boon bonuses but it does stack with all other effects such as the Acceleration Upgrade.



Fine Details

-There is no PK redemption and PKs can't reroll. Being a PK is permanent, however, flashing red is temporary. PKs enter the red flashing state (referred to as PK mode) after being involved in player forced combat (not duels, clan battles, arenas, or beasts). PK mode lasts for 5 minutes after being involved in any forced combat or 30 minutes after killing a player or forcing combat on them.

-There is no item looting when a PK kills a player, however, they will steal some gold. This amount is based on the level of the player killed. Some approximate level/gold values: 20/810, 40/25k, 60/200k, 80/830k, 90/1.5m. This amount can be no more than 25% of what the victim is carrying at the time and is reduced progressively further if the highest victim level (in group) is more than 5 levels below the highest PK level. Half of the stolen gold is kept by the PK (unless victim has a free account, then it's destroyed), the other half is added to their bounty.

-There is no limit to a player's bounty. As much of the bounty as possible will be awarded in the form of gold nuggets worth 10 million gold each.

-Just like in a reroll a PK who dies keeps Learning, Crafting, Artistry, Resourcefulness, Adventuring, Social and LG skills. They should not lose any items, but all equipment and gems are unequipped and sent to inventory/storage. If no room exists, some items will be destroyed. They are then cleansed of PK status. This is not a reroll, but it will record your maximum exp amount and give Reroller's boon.

-Solo PKs under level 80 are protected from being attacked by both other PKs and normal players by a level restriction of +/- 5 or 10 levels. If they attack players below the range of this level buffer or are grouped with fellow PKs during forced player combat, then they permanently become fair game to all level players. This level restriction is also forfeit if the PK has any combat skills leveled more than 20 above their own level while involved in forced player combat. Similarly, players who have combat skills leveled more than 20 above their own level are not be able to force combat on level restricted PKs.

-The 3x trophies PKs get are soulbound unless they have PKed someone unique and viable* that same day. *Unique and viable means a player within 5 levels of PK who is not in the same clan, has no shared IP address history with PK, and that they have not killed recently. This is to help prevent abuse of killing friendlies in safer, remote locations specifically for the bonus.

-PKs cannot group with normal players and must have a standard or premium account to force combat.

-If a PK dies in any manner other than being killed by a player while flashing red, their exact location will be revealed and they will not return to town.

-You will not be able to force combat on a PK unless you are carrying at least 4x the amount of gold listed above for your level. This is to prevent the cowardly act of hunting PKs without risk.

-PKs cannot reduce their level. If you become a PK, your level will become--and never go below--whatever the maximum level your character has reached since its last reroll. For instance, if you hit level 68, deleveled to 65, and then go PK, you will be level 68. You can untrain and reorganize main stat skills, but you would never go below level 68 again until death.

-For the purpose of the tops lists, PK credit (getting player kills) and PKK credit (killing PKs) will be awarded for unique and viable kills based on the level of those killed. PKK credit will be kept during rerolls. PK credit will reset when you die as a PK to only record your maximum successful PK streak.



Takeaways

-Dying as a PK is pretty bad, but not terrible. It's similar to a reroll, except that you retain all items, including those equipped. It may be a fun thing to do prior to a planned reroll.

-If savvy, being a PK can be both profitable and good for more quickly advancing a character who does not yet have enough exp for a proper long-term Reroller's Boon.

-You can PK with elite gear without losing it.

-The longer a PK lives and racks up the kills, the more profitable it will be to hunt them.

-Skills will be added to make tracking and initiating combat with PKs more of a possibility.

-You will be able to hold control and click player (or beast) faces in local to quickly force combat.

-PK and PKK tops lists will be reset when new changes go live.
So just to clarify, if you're lvl 79, you can't have any combat skill above 99, so melee/magic/deff/recovery can only be 99? as well as CE/Epicurious ect.?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #43
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,549
Default

PK Revamp Progress: 70%

Added "other than the 4 main stat skills" to overskill condition.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2020, 07:47 AM   #44
Huggles
Epic Scholar
 
Huggles's Avatar
 
Huggles is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,844
Default

Would've been nice to see top PK/PKK from the old system preserved like arena Hall of Fame.

Also how does PKKing another PK work? Do you get their whole bounty or only half? Do you also get to steal some gold? How does their bounty affect yours?

The entry cost to PKing seems a bit steep. I don't see why you want to eliminate low level PKing.

One of the biggest issues of the past, which I brought up, was that PKs were completely unable to participate in any appreciate if the game except PKing. Time will tell if this has been solved. https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17958

Also, pls geef clan battle rewards (Terr/Dom) for PKing an enemy clan.

Old PvP suggestion from years ago: https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18175
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
If they put a nice icon on you it's beneficial if they put a mean one on the other guy it's detrimental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 01-10-2020 at 09:02 AM..
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2020, 12:34 PM   #45
Huggles
Epic Scholar
 
Huggles's Avatar
 
Huggles is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,844
Default

A possible exploit: forcing combat and then buying something from the AH/trading away your good while stalking. I'm not sure if this is currently possible but it's something worth checking.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
If they put a nice icon on you it's beneficial if they put a mean one on the other guy it's detrimental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #46
Huggles
Epic Scholar
 
Huggles's Avatar
 
Huggles is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,844
Default

If you are PKing as a group, how is the gold split?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
If they put a nice icon on you it's beneficial if they put a mean one on the other guy it's detrimental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 01-10-2020 at 12:45 PM..
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2020, 07:25 PM   #47
Tsutsu
Seer's BFF
 
Tsutsu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
If you are PKing as a group, how is the gold split?
He answered this in civil, it's 1/3rd split. if pking or pkking. if you pkk a pk you get full bounty even if youre a pk.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2020, 04:25 PM   #48
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Would've been nice to see top PK/PKK from the old system preserved like arena Hall of Fame.

Also how does PKKing another PK work? Do you get their whole bounty or only half? Do you also get to steal some gold? How does their bounty affect yours?

The entry cost to PKing seems a bit steep. I don't see why you want to eliminate low level PKing.

One of the biggest issues of the past, which I brought up, was that PKs were completely unable to participate in any appreciate if the game except PKing. Time will tell if this has been solved. https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17958

Also, pls geef clan battle rewards (Terr/Dom) for PKing an enemy clan.

Old PvP suggestion from years ago: https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18175

A possible exploit: forcing combat and then buying something from the AH/trading away your good while stalking. I'm not sure if this is currently possible but it's something worth checking.

If you are PKing as a group, how is the gold split?

If you kill a PK, it doesn't matter if you are one yourself or not. You are treated as if you were not, thus you get full bounty and your bounty does not increase.

A lower entry cost for lower level PKs has potential, but it might be abused prior to a quick leveling. Also, it just seems unlikely that you should even be attempting to PK at any level if you don't have the means to afford orchids. You probably will not have the knowledge to do anything but die miserably.

There's not really a great way to make PKs able to do everything that normal players can do. Arena is possible, but hunting beasts and farming in active locations are something you give up by having a bounty on your head. It's an alternate activity for alternative type people, likely on alt accounts or about to reroll.

That was a potential exploit that will be fixed shortly. 10 TC reward, who do you want it on?

Gold and bounty are split evenly among local PKs in a group.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #49
Huggles
Epic Scholar
 
Huggles's Avatar
 
Huggles is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
If you kill a PK, it doesn't matter if you are one yourself or not. You are treated as if you were not, thus you get full bounty and your bounty does not increase.

A lower entry cost for lower level PKs has potential, but it might be abused prior to a quick leveling. Also, it just seems unlikely that you should even be attempting to PK at any level if you don't have the means to afford orchids. You probably will not have the knowledge to do anything but die miserably.

There's not really a great way to make PKs able to do everything that normal players can do. Arena is possible, but hunting beasts and farming in active locations are something you give up by having a bounty on your head. It's an alternate activity for alternative type people, likely on alt accounts or about to reroll.

That was a potential exploit that will be fixed shortly. 10 TC reward, who do you want it on?

Gold and bounty are split evenly among local PKs in a group.
Nibbles works.

edit: Thanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
If they put a nice icon on you it's beneficial if they put a mean one on the other guy it's detrimental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 01-12-2020 at 07:12 PM..
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2020, 11:42 PM   #50
Tsutsu
Seer's BFF
 
Tsutsu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 557
Default

So question, if I'm level 78 and use level 98 things is it open range or would it need to be level 99 things?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 12:28 AM   #51
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutsu View Post
So question, if I'm level 78 and use level 98 things is it open range or would it need to be level 99 things?
It's not things, it's skills. And 98 is fine for a level 78.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 12:33 AM   #52
Tsutsu
Seer's BFF
 
Tsutsu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
It's not things, it's skills. And 98 is fine for a level 78.
Are you able to say, level pets to 100 feed everything then delevel afterwards then go pk and not be open range?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 12:37 AM   #53
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,549
Default

Keeping the level 100 pet on? You can't delevel the petmanship skill unless you unequip the pets.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 12:39 AM   #54
Tsutsu
Seer's BFF
 
Tsutsu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Keeping the level 100 pet on? You can't delevel the petmanship skill unless you unequip the pets.
No I just mean to use the chippie to feed the other skills, then once that's done take the pet off and delevel the skill. Then go pk once it is off/deleveled
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 12:48 AM   #55
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,549
Default

Yes, you can do that.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 12:50 AM   #56
Tsutsu
Seer's BFF
 
Tsutsu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Yes, you can do that.
Awesome thanks!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 12:55 AM   #57
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,549
Default

The same cannot be said for player level. This is from the info above:

-PKs cannot reduce their level. If you become a PK, your level will become--and never go below--whatever the maximum level your character has reached since its last reroll. For instance, if you hit level 68, deleveled to 65, and then go PK, you will be level 68. You can untrain and reorganize main stat skills, but you would never go below level 68 again until death.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 12:58 AM   #58
Tsutsu
Seer's BFF
 
Tsutsu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The same cannot be said for player level. This is from the info above:

-PKs cannot reduce their level. If you become a PK, your level will become--and never go below--whatever the maximum level your character has reached since its last reroll. For instance, if you hit level 68, deleveled to 65, and then go PK, you will be level 68. You can untrain and reorganize main stat skills, but you would never go below level 68 again until death.
Yep got that, it's why I asked about skills themselves. Because didn't want to level a bunch of stuff without chippie again lol
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 03:51 AM   #59
devil
Gem Pouch Expert
 
devil is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 498
Default

with pkking and pkkers being able to be 5 lvls higher is the +20 skills based on the pkers lvl or the pkkers lvl?

also when forcing a pk (pkking the pker) does it count your current level or your max level (assuming you are a normal account who can freely delevel)
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 03:59 AM   #60
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil View Post
with pkking and pkkers being able to be 5 lvls higher is the +20 skills based on the pkers lvl or the pkkers lvl?

also when forcing a pk (pkking the pker) does it count your current level or your max level (assuming you are a normal account who can freely delevel)
PK's level.*

Your level.


*see post below.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM
Boards live since 05-21-2008


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.