Deft Finality
Old 05-20-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
Tsutsu
Seer's BFF

Default Deft Finality

So, a couple things. Doing some testing is appears that not using a staff puts gems up only slightly slower than with a staff on... which shouldn't be right considering staff gives 80% gem draw haste ontop of doubling the effect of deft finality. So I believe there is an issue in either Wizardry not applying its haste correctly or in deft fin not applying the staff bonus correctly.

Secondly how does it count the 5-6 gems, that are in play during drawing... if say i have 5 auras up then draw a single cast DD, will it count that as 6 for the remainder of the time it takes to draw another gem, or would it count as 6 until the single cast DD is casted then count as 5 again?

Last edited by Tsutsu; 05-20-2019 at 07:15 PM..

Old 05-20-2019, 10:01 PM   #2
Glitchless
Administrator

I don't see any problems in the code. Feel free to post numbers.

5 or 6, it doesn't matter. The bonus is the same for both. You get the full bonus as long as you keep 5 gems in play.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:29 AM   #3
Tsutsu
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
I don't see any problems in the code. Feel free to post numbers.

5 or 6, it doesn't matter. The bonus is the same for both. You get the full bonus as long as you keep 5 gems in play.
Hmm, perhaps its just more noticeable since there is already so much haste gained through using a staff.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:33 AM   #4
Raidens
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutsu View Post
So, a couple things. Doing some testing is appears that not using a staff puts gems up only slightly slower than with a staff on... which shouldn't be right considering staff gives 80% gem draw haste ontop of doubling the effect of deft finality. So I believe there is an issue in either Wizardry not applying its haste correctly or in deft fin not applying the staff bonus correctly.

Secondly how does it count the 5-6 gems, that are in play during drawing... if say i have 5 auras up then draw a single cast DD, will it count that as 6 for the remainder of the time it takes to draw another gem, or would it count as 6 until the single cast DD is casted then count as 5 again?
what level deft fin? because with 89 and paladin second I can basically cast at gcd, usually i see 3 gems draw at gcd then there's a slight hiccup for half a second then it continues. If I remove the staff it takes 2x as long to draw the gem compared to if staff is out. so maybe you're not looking at it right

Old 05-21-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
Tsutsu
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidens View Post
what level deft fin? because with 89 and paladin second I can basically cast at gcd, usually i see 3 gems draw at gcd then there's a slight hiccup for half a second then it continues. If I remove the staff it takes 2x as long to draw the gem compared to if staff is out. so maybe you're not looking at it right
98, i'm able to draw basically as fast with or without a staff and 6 gems out. But it could just be because i hit GCD forever ago with staff on and secondary paladin with fda.

Also, has anyone else noticed that draw time is not the same always? sometimes i draw before gcd is up and sometimes after... might be lag but i find it odd that its pretty consistent that it does it.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:29 AM   #6
Raidens
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutsu View Post
98, i'm able to draw basically as fast with or without a staff and 6 gems out. But it could just be because i hit GCD forever ago with staff on and secondary paladin with fda.

Also, has anyone else noticed that draw time is not the same always? sometimes i draw before gcd is up and sometimes after... might be lag but i find it odd that its pretty consistent that it does it.
That isn't possible. Paul has 99, almost 100. with dcdd he cannot cast close to gcd. even with 5 gems/fda it doesn't work. you need supporting class of jew/pally for both classes, raiden shield etc to make up for the lack of haste. rune gem haste too.

bare in mind i tested with fda and class buff. and it's no where near. and 89-99 deft fin isn't much more of a buff.