Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
RECOVER | REGISTER

Old 02-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #241
Lyndwurm

Hm. Having Legendaries accessable through the almighty Dollar kinda removes the novelty of an item being "legendary." Add that to being craftable, and they'll turn out just like the epics, and although not everyone can craft 99s YET, it will get to that point. And then soon enough the 99 pieces will be just like the Haunted Totem Sword. Anyone who crafts knows that dreaded name. An epic whose fate is to be NPC'd, due to the market being overstocked with them. But that's beside the point. So basically, anyone who's Jonesing for a Legendary would be able to farm in the set location, get someone to craft it, or pay Dollars to get. . . just like epics. Huh. So... what would be the difference besides the numbers on the item? NOTHING. In that case, may as well just call them epics.
I support people who want to do interesting things and have interesting ideas for new features. If some people are so lazy they can't accept an addition to the system that would actually IMPROVE things, it truly is a sad state of affairs.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #242
thatperson
Epic Scholar

i give it maybe 6 months and 99 epic tps wont be worth the cloth/dye used to make them cause they are able to be produced by crafters

im completely fine with legendaries dropping as tps WHAT I AM NOT FINE WITH I THEM BEING ABLE TO BE TURNED INTO MASTER RECIPES as long as crafters cannot mass produce them just by combining cloth dye and dusts the prices will remain relatively high im also against a strict drop in heroic it just seems too easy imo

@morro this game is 100% free you dont have to pay for anything so making legendaries only obtainable by real cash purchases ruins the whole concept

and conq just so u know u can pick up a resource skill and start selling high tier resources to make good gold and buy TCs to burn for rrt and get just as far as those who spend hundreds on the game
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #243
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

.... Geef Yeti or legendary Dragon... You can keep the armor...

<-- Had to, That just never happens to me IRL

Old 02-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #244
Ripple
Temporarily Suspended

How does every1 feel about when you get your legend item you get to pick the bonus you want kinda like a second class. The seer could have a list of bonuses to pick from.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #245
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripple View Post
How does every1 feel about when you get your legend item you get to pick the bonus you want kinda like a second class. The seer could have a list of bonuses to pick from.
depending on the bonuses to pick from, id be happy for that.

actually, to go 1 step further:

have it so that a "Potion" of some kind drops some how, or gainable some way thats hard.

have it so that with the use of this potion you are able to transform 1 piece of SB epic gear that you have, into a Legendary piece. call it a Potion of Transformation.

upon doing this, you will get a list of bonuses to pick from, 8 options per piece of armor, depending on which bonus you pick, depends on which armor set it turns into.

upon un-SBing the legendary gear, much like a temper, the potion disappears, making the gear back into a normal Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Last edited by Smashbros; 02-26-2011 at 11:33 PM..

Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #246
Ripple
Temporarily Suspended

So you would get a base item with stats better than a 99 epic and you could continue to quest for additional bonuses. like say kill 100 goblin horde to add 25Str to legendary arm? then you take the quest you want to get the extra bonus you want?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #247
sSmartaSs
Crab Defiler

When Epicurious reaches lvl 100, Legendary armors gain an additional bonus of:
+5% to armor stat bonuses
or
Double the % bonuses to crit, hit, regen, etc.
or
1.5 times the amount of healing, shielding done

Old 03-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #248
purefear
Gem Pouch Expert

Why not make it weigh 0 sand, have a whole nother invontory thats only for legendarys, make it so it can only be used in PvE, (In PvP it would switch you back to your normal armour) or you could allow it in PvP (not in PK or DM or arena though just regular duels) and make it so that you CAN craft it, but it will be ONLY for you, and you must train new skills to lvl x (make it like normal armour, you must make it piece by piece with different skills for helm BP arms and legs) that way you must work at it (stat skills please), please make it worth 0 gold, so you either use it, or destroy it, nothing else.

Last edited by purefear; 03-02-2011 at 08:20 AM..

Old 03-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #249
Drumboardist

Might I make a WoW comparison?

In WoW, the best of the best weapons/armor/whatever aren't crafted, they're dropped. You can make some DAMN fine gear through crafting, although the materials are quite expensive, but if you want THE best gear? Drops. Gotta fight bosses to get those things. Granted, that's a vast game wherein the sheer amount of resourcing allows for the auctionhouse to be a perennial glut-fest of reagents, but it could apply equally here (on a smaller scale). The idea is that you can give yourself a definite edge with the crafted gear, but if you wanted the best of the best, you gotta go actually fight something to earn it.

I myself have no problems with the idea of specific boss-like monsters being fought, say, once a day, and having a specific drop table that *includes* that legendary as a drop. Small chance, usually just see lower-cost drops (so as to recoup any losses -- something like dropping an item in the level of 1/2 the bosses' level) and MAYBE the item you're looking for. Tah dah.

I'm also a fan of there being Legendary Armor Sets corresponding to each appropriate level range (see: each epic armor range). 9, 25, 39, 48, 58, 78, 88, 99 (which, I think, is what Jeff is going for, since there's 8 sets of Legendary Armor) -- no reason that there couldn't be a Legendary level 9 or 25 set, that takes hard work for a lowbie to get, but would be well-worth the effort. It would eventually be outmoded, but good armor? I'd love to see it happen.

...but in general, I don't think they should be craftable. Let the crafting wizards of the game have their productiveness, since you'd essentially be weighing opportunity and luck vs. the guaranteed (slightly inferior) gear that you had made. Thoughts?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #250
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

In order for Legendaries to not lose their value over time... u need to stop the inflation... and just about nothing on Nod does not cater to inflation...even TC's... so whats the answer?... make Legendaries the reward for killing Uber Elite Black Super Bosses

say Yes... you can repeat... but only 1 Legendary drop per month will come of this repeat

Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #251
cleanprophet
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Perhaps, Glitchless could conduct a poll with the options that are actually being considered. In this way, further suggestions will be more focused on and relevant to what is actually going to happen.
I think I said this weeks ago, but in my opinion, the legendary items are decided and were decided long ago (despite what has been said). Considering the amount of disagreement there is here about it all, I can't blame Glitch for that.

Legendary armors should be for accomplishments and nothing else. No tp, no crafting, just a reward for an achievement. That is why they are called legendary - surely?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #252
cinderskin

how about some mechanism that involves sacrificing epics as part of the means to obtain legendaries? seems like theres a crapton of em in game as it is. could help the econ a bit, and make getting an epic a bit more valuable again.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #253
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

Are we there yet?

Old 03-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #254
Smooth

In my opinion I believe that not just anyone can acquire the legendary armors. It wouldn't be fair to those who have worked hard in building they character.

1. If you're not atleast a lvl 82 than you shouldn't be able to acquire the armor. ( I picked this lvl because to many has took advantage of boon and many went pk and wanna hang out in a range where capped toons like myself can't force...by changing the level this helps us

2. Your suiting must be at 100 to acquire.

3. The legendary armors can only be crafted once by that character and your armor crafting must be at 100.

4. In order to acquire legendary armor you must already has previously equipped a FULL 99 epic armor suit.

5. The armor is not dropped as an epic would so their is no reason trying to go farm for it.

6. It can not be TRADED or SOLD.

7. Once the armor reaches your inventory or storage it becomes SB(soulbound).

Old 03-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #255
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

^----- would suck... i think legendarys should be obtainable at lvl 60+

Power to the PK!

Old 03-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #256
devilsetai
Boss Hunter

Ok SMooth, so with your suggestion about 10 ppl in nod would be able to aquire the new stuff. Seems rather over the top to me. It's probably gonna be a drop, at this point discussion is pointless and wasted energy.

"And shepherds we shall be,
for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

You feel that sting, big boy, huh? That's pride F****N' with you! You gotta fight through that s**t!

Old 03-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #257
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
In my opinion I believe that not just anyone can acquire the legendary armors. It wouldn't be fair to those who have worked hard in building they character.

1. If you're not atleast a lvl 82 than you shouldn't be able to acquire the armor. ( I picked this lvl because to many has took advantage of boon and many went pk and wanna hang out in a range where capped toons like myself can't force...by changing the level this helps us

2. Your suiting must be at 100 to acquire.

3. The legendary armors can only be crafted once by that character and your armor crafting must be at 100.

4. In order to acquire legendary armor you must already has previously equipped a FULL 99 epic armor suit.

5. The armor is not dropped as an epic would so their is no reason trying to go farm for it.

6. It can not be TRADED or SOLD.

I'm pretty sure this is a joke, as it 100% makes it impossible to obtain the armor, if it doesn't drop and can only be crafted (therefore impossible to obtain a master/tp)

Old 03-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #258
Lyndwurm

Smooth's post implies that only capped or near-cap players work hard on their character.

Anyway... if the method and process of attaining Legendaries was decided long ago, why would Glitchless string us along by asking us our opinions and giving us hope? Doesn't that seem a little cruel to you?

Old 03-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #259
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
2. Your suiting must be at 100 to acquire. Agree

3. The legendary armors can only be crafted once by that character and your armor crafting must be at 100. FKCUING Retarded...tahts like saying only casters should be able to use gems...or whippers pets

4. In order to acquire legendary armor you must already has previously equipped a FULL 99 epic armor suit. GREAT IDEA...very smart and sensible, this again raises the value of 99s

5. The armor is not dropped as an epic would so their is no reason trying to go farm for it. EH... not going to type a big spheele.. but.. i disagree

6. It can not be TRADED or SOLD. i like... but disagree

AGREE AGREE!!

*#6+7... I believe.... it would be 'cool' to say... remember that toon 'soandso'... guess the Fkcu what!~!! I GOT HIS BP!!! so... i want there to be some way to transfer these...BUT... after item is modified 1st time..can never be modified again...no re-enchanting.. no *special legendary special stuffing again*....do i think they should be a tradable commodity?... no... so how does one acquire someone elses legendary??...hehehe...now it gets interesting....GLITCH!!! time to work on peer viewing duels!!!!.... wagers for duels!~!~...ONLY way to transfer...and must offer legendary for legendary...for instance a main could not lose on purpose to an alt... unless the alt already had a legendary to wager...

Old 03-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #260
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

Why don't we let Glitch make the decisions here.

Smooth, I disagree with it all really. It's already gonna have a minimal community that can actually use it, and even less that will be able to farm/get it. Putting limitations on top of limitations is silly.

If they were easy to get, they wouldn't be Legendary... so that simple fact alone signifies the rarity they will already be.