Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
RECOVER | REGISTER

first autoshot fails
Old 12-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

Default first autoshot fails

I know many of you have the same problem because you told me about it. Please chime in and tell glitchless that this is running problem.

The problem: Some characters cannot auto-shot and then switch to auto-attack.

It is basically impossible to screenshot this but what happens is you press auto-shot and nothing happens.

I am NOT encumbered, my arrow is definitely under the weight requirement of the bow.

Anything else I forgot?

Old 12-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Huggles
Epic Scholar

happens to me all the time. i just say f the autoshot.

note: happens less to me when i am on nibbles, using 2h. happens more on lukutiss when i am using dw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Raith
Gem Pouch Expert

Well I never use the autoshot on my crusher, but I can say that on several occasions I can click my bow (on Raith) and get no fire. I know that glitch has said in the past that the game can lag - i.e. you are actually attacking but the graphics don't display - and the scroll may show up later.... I can also confirm this is not the answer. (I would have to take a movie, not a screenie, to show this and I'm not gonna bother since I threw the PoS bow away and started casting since bows @ cap blow harder than a crack whore) On several occasions - I mean at least 3 or 4 times per day of grind - I could click my bow and have my bow not fire. My pets would attack, and the enemy would attack... but nothing from the bow. It could last for a solid 10-15 seconds. Then there would be no catch-up flurry, the mob hp would stay the same, and I would suddenly start shooting like normal. I did notice that I could un-click the bow, re-click the bow, and things would work like normal once I re-clicked it.

I would assume, from my experience, that there is a bug/error with the actual auto-shoot button - not with archery, the actual button - and it is affecting auto-attack for those who use open shot as well as those who stick with archery.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

I still fight exclusively with a bow. I have never had the situation Raith described against mobs (at least not that I have observed), but I definitely have had it (fairly often) in the arena. There does appear to be something wrong.

TJ

Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #5
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

Thanks,

If it helps, autoshot exclusively fails on
dual-wield Zombie Claws.

Dual-wield whips works, 2h works, it seems like DW slashers fail it...

Old 12-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

i do 1st shot with archery and DW slash, never seen this happen...

Old 12-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
Huggles
Epic Scholar

I have also had this problem with auto-attack (for the first attack of a fight). It would count the delay as if there had been an attack, but no damage was dealt. Still happens occasionally, but not as bad because lower delay weapons now.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
purefear
Gem Pouch Expert

i my self have never noticed this, although i can see how it might happen

Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #9
Glitchless
Administrator

This could happen if your previous fight ended in a stun and you started a new fight prior to that stun wearing off. Let us know if this appears to be what is happening.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
purefear
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raith View Post
Well I never use the autoshot on my crusher, but I can say that on several occasions I can click my bow (on Raith) and get no fire. I know that glitch has said in the past that the game can lag - i.e. you are actually attacking but the graphics don't display - and the scroll may show up later.... I can also confirm this is not the answer. (I would have to take a movie, not a screenie, to show this and I'm not gonna bother since I threw the PoS bow away and started casting since bows @ cap blow harder than a crack whore) On several occasions - I mean at least 3 or 4 times per day of grind - I could click my bow and have my bow not fire. My pets would attack, and the enemy would attack... but nothing from the bow. It could last for a solid 10-15 seconds. Then there would be no catch-up flurry, the mob hp would stay the same, and I would suddenly start shooting like normal. --> I did notice that I could un-click the bow, re-click the bow, and things would work like normal once I re-clicked it. <--
I would assume, from my experience, that there is a bug/error with the actual auto-shoot button - not with archery, the actual button - and it is affecting auto-attack for those who use open shot as well as those who stick with archery.
ok so uh raith did the auto-shoot button get darker to show it was one when you did that, because if it did that would mean that auto attack DID come on but it never shot at all. Which would mean that it was a major glitch.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
Peon25
Neophyte

Send a message via ICQ to Peon25 Send a message via AIM to Peon25 Send a message via Yahoo to Peon25 Send a message via Skype™ to Peon25

Quote:
This could happen if your previous fight ended in a stun and you started a new fight prior to that stun wearing off. Let us know if this appears to be what is happening.
This would be an unbelievably long stun if I was still stunned while looting, grabbing the chest, going back out, and going back in to a new fight. I've experienced this on my new Ranger (or Archer? I don't recall =p) who is level 6, still fighting mobs near T3.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
Peon25
Neophyte

Send a message via ICQ to Peon25 Send a message via AIM to Peon25 Send a message via Yahoo to Peon25 Send a message via Skype™ to Peon25

Also, the free damage shield from shield usage does not go away when you click the auto-bow button -- the button depresses, but no shot is made, no message, and the damage absorption aura does not instantly poof away.
The beauty of the Race War Kingdoms security checks is it doesn't matter how or why you fail them. If you fail enough of them in a row you are declared dumber than a macro and not fit to play the game. There is no excuse for being unable to count white boxes or continuing to play the game while failing checks.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
purefear
Gem Pouch Expert

hmm, i think we have ourselves a valid glitch XD.