Arena Rating system
Old 09-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Border201
Boss Hunter

Default Arena Rating system

I think it was a needed change that glitch implemented to the rating system to prevent teams from joining at the very end and then taking one of the top spots that season. However the changes at present have really slowed rating growth by a large amount, were before teams were pushing the 2.5k rating at this point in the season, at present the number 1 team has yet to break 2k rating.

Additionally Glitch has made it clear that we'll need high teir (4 or 5) gear, with high level tempers, in order to stand up to the heroic final boss. With the new system in place that lets you temper 1 step higher then your final rating would otherwise allow it. Because of the large number of tokens needed to temper lvl 7 and 8 (up to 66k) and none of these tempers will carry over when you up teir I propose the following:

My proposal is 2 fold.

First next season we still preserve the 1 step above your final rating but instead of a blanket reduction in max rating you gain each win, or loss, instead lets make the start of the season give a bonus to each win (say 200%) and each week we reduce that bonus by 10% of what ever number you want so that in the final weeks teams are more or less locked into top 10 top 20 etc. but still can move up or down a couple spots. To prevent token growth from exploding to much increase the gap between each increase in tokens won in arena (think it's 200 per increase right now) The idea is to make it so that the top 10 at least are 3k rated and maybe a couple in the top 20 as well. This should open up 8x tempers to about 60 accounts a season.

Second lets adjust the tokens to 50% more for each temper above 5 (6 becomes 1,125 instead of 1500, 7 becomes 1700 rounded from 1687, and 8 becomes 2550)

Doing this will allow people to reach those high tempers in a reasonable amount of time rather then the potential year it would take to re-temper up to 11 slots which a person would have to do several times over in the course of upteiring their gear.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Border201
Boss Hunter

tl:dr?

Old 09-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

We all have ADD...

You lost me after arena rating sys..LETS RIDE BIKES

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 09-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Border201
Boss Hunter

O phew I thought you'd be worried this would buff DD casters to much!

Old 09-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #5
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 03:34 PM..