Double attack
Old 12-03-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
Enchantedstar

Default Double attack

Glitchless could you be so kind as to check into something for me or explain it... I have two rerolled chars both level 14 one has a level 9 bow which explains why that char occasionally double attacks however the other has no epics at all and still occasionally double attacks. I have not got any points in DA as I am only level 14 and have not deleveled ... please explain? Chars name that is double attacking for no reason is Enchantedstar.

Thank you in advance

Old 12-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

I'm pretty sure you're not actually 'Double Attacking'

This is something I have notice with weapons whose delay is between 10-25 or so, and it has to do with latency and sample rate.

Nodiatis is not updated every .001 seconds, or even every 1.00 second... it's more like 2 - 3 seconds between packets, so...

If your delay timer ends just after you send/receive a packet and then has time to complete again before the next send/receive, then you will see the animation and dmg from both attacks on the next send/receive cycle. This looks like a double attack, but it's not.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense... it's not the easiest thing to explain w/ just words

Wouldn't mind a confirmation with Glitch & Co. but I'm pretty sure this is what you're seeing

Old 12-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Sexyy
Seer's BFF

Send a message via MSN to Sexyy

I think chrism is right, but also long time ago i heard that weapons with exceptional accuracy have chance of double attack even if you have no points in double attack

Old 12-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyy View Post
I think chrism is right, but also long time ago i heard that weapons with exceptional accuracy have chance of double attack even if you have no points in double attack
-_^

Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Enchantedstar

Thanks Chrism that actually makes sense and appreciate the response ... Sexyy thanks for the food for thought so to speak weapon is not of an exceptional accuracy but might be something to think about in the future.