Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

idea to make pk and clan wars more fun/fair
Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Default idea to make pk and clan wars more fun/fair

Lets make PK'ing and War more popular and fun
as we all know there are many resons that make Pk'ing and War for that matter less appealing than it should be, so lets try to fix that so we can all have fun at all levels not just the high levels.

to start off first of all i think the actual pk system is fine but its the pkk system that fails to make pk'ing at any lvl except high lvl appealing, as when you pk someone you already know that regardless of how low lvl you are all the high lvls will be after you and this just takes the thrill of the hunt away from the lower lvls as well as gives the pk'er no chance so we should fix this. (following are some ideas to make this more fair and funner for all)

1. when a player more than 5lvls higher than a mob beats a mob he gets the message "you get nothing for this trivial accomplishment" so why should a high lvl pkk'er receive anything for killing a low lvl pk'er?
we should make it so if a high lvl pkk's a low lvl pk'er he receives nothing as well as no top list points, no loot or gold, this would make it so the lower lvl players have the fun of hunting down pk'ers as well as give the pk'ers a fighting chance making it more fun for all. after all the lower lvl pk'ers are not even a threat to the higher lvl players so they should have no involvement with the low lvl pk'ers let the lower lvls deal with them for themselves.(example: a lvl 20 decides to go pk'ing we should have it so anyone higher than a lvl 30 gets nothing to pkk them or better yet if possible make it so nobody higher than a 30 can even pk them at all.) this would make pk'ing and pkk'ing at low lvl more fun as well as more popular making the game more exciting as well.

2. if something simalar where to be implimented into the clan war system it would also make war more fun and popular instead of the clan with most lvl 70's wins and all others hide till war is over. (example: if a lvl 20 clan member where killed by anyone higher than a lvl 30 than the clan of the lvl 20 would lose no rune power for this making it so everyone can perticipate in war not just the high lvls)
these are just a couple suggestions, i hope it is clear enough for everyone to figure out what i mean as i am

not the best at posting and explaining these ides.
also feel free to post any better ideas as well as modify my ideas, and thanks for taking the time to read my jumbled post lol

added:
i think as long as there is unlimited domminance and unlimited territory there will never be reason for clans to have real wars they will always be alt wars or at least arranged wars.
how about make it a bit more real by having just a certain amount of domm and terr avalible like in real life (you cant just keep going to war and gaining more terr as there is only so much) and we could even some how have it so certain amounts where avalible to clans of certain rp so the large clans dont just gobble it all up but than again that may be like reality too.
anyhow i see it as than if you want any terr or domm for runes you have to get it from a clan that already has some , not just out of thin air from a alt clan that dosnt even have any domm or terr to gain only rp

so if you fight a clan with no terr or domm just rp all you get for winnig is rp to get domm or terr you must fight one with these things to get them
just random thoughts hope you can make something out of them lol

lets get these loopholes shut jeff

Last edited by Sexykills; 10-09-2009 at 12:17 AM..

Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
Valarian
Boss Hunter

Sounds good to me

Old 07-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Sapreaver
Temporarily Suspended

lol both of these things have been brought up and shot down by Jeff

Old 07-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
Glitchless
Administrator

It's not out of the question to potentially change the war system to only reward kills of similar level, however, we will certainly not prevent battle based on level. We're going to have to see how things pan out after runes are implemented when rune power will be extremely important. Having all your low level players hiding won't be a viable long term option for any healthy clan that needs to fuel their rune machine.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

i actually thinks this sounds like a good idea both parts ,ight also make low lvl pkers last longer

Old 07-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
sherman

Horrible, PKers know what they are getting in to. They know there are level 50+ players just waiting to PKK a PKer, not to mention the lower levels.

Changing this would take the excitement/rush out of the PK system.

This is a good idea for clan wars though, make it more fair.

However, how would this work with a clan full of high levels warring against a clan full of low levels?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Horrible, PKers know what they are getting in to. They know there are level 50+ players just waiting to PKK a PKer, not to mention the lower levels.

Changing this would take the excitement/rush out of the PK system.

This is a good idea for clan wars though, make it more fair.

However, how would this work with a clan full of high levels warring against a clan full of low levels?
as far as i can read in the suggestion so far i would say that such a war would end in a tie as neither can hurt the other then

Old 07-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
sherman

Unless maybe mercenaries could be hired?

reply.....
Old 07-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Default reply.....

first off thanks jeff for your prompt reply and i appretiate you considering these ideas as i belive it would make for a much more active and fun game.

and sherman yes i know pk'ers have a choice and make these choices by knowing what they are getting into but i was not awar jeff was making a game that is only intended for high levels to enjoy, i for one would like to have fun getting to lvl 70 not just let them have all the fun.
the idea is to get more lower levels involved in things, in other words no lvl 5-30 or 40 should even consider going pk unless its just to reroll as the way it is now its all just based on lvl not build or skill. my idea was to make it a build/skill based system instead so actually it would add to the excitement as the pk'ers would have a fighting chance if they had a strong build instead of just leveling a weak even build to 70 in 3 days as has been done in the past, this would also get more players involved in the pk and pkking instead of just saying ahh another pk oh well the high lvls will get him.
but if you want a lvl based system lets just make it like you want so that pvp, pk, pkk, and wars would just be highest lvl wins regaurdless of builds and everyone but the 70's can just do nothing but grind till they hit 70 cause they are of no other use till than.

as to the second part of your question its basically same answer except you asked how it effects a clan of high lvls vs low lvls, hmm i see most clans have a veryity of lvl players so i dont see that as a problem much less why would a war like that ever get accepted? right now it is based so that the clan with highest member wins regaurdless of member numbers, my way would once again base it more on build strength rather than lvl making wars so all can be a part of it rather than just sending out the lvl 70's to fight while all the rest just hide and wait it out cause there is no other way to win as we have seen with the few wars there have been and that is why we see no wars now.
and yes mercenaries can be hired and used now but once again that just goes back to highest lvl wins, my way there would be nothing to gain by hiring mercenaries so no way for outsiders to exploit the war system.

and doctor-warlord i dont really know what you mean by this statement as it wouldnt end as a tie its just that the high lvl 70's wouldnt determin the outcome alone all clan members would fight to determin the outcome.
as it is now 2 clans fighting will only send out there high lvl players to use up the rune power till there is a winner so basically its the high lvls that determin the fate of the whole clan so the strongest high lvl will eventually kill the other high lvls enough times to soak up all the rune power...my idea is that all have a chance to fight to determin the winner based on skill not so much lvl alone, and actually there would be a winner and end to the war faster than it is now...
best example to all this is with no lvl restrictions which will win in a battle of any kind between a lvl 70 with a bad build or a lvl 50 with a great build?....yep lvl 70 so why bother building a good player till 70 its of no use..
now lets see my way a lvl 30 vs a lvl 25 which will win hmm the one with best build as we have seen before.
so yes the wars will be winable but won based on total overall skill lvl of the clan not just based on a couple high lvl members of clan.

i hope this is clear enough to explain the idea better as i am not the best at explaining this in a short simple way.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
sherman

I think what doctor was saying is that if your idea was implemented, the two clans (high level and low level) would have their war end in a tie, because they are unable to attack each other.

However, every PK knows that he/she will be up against much higher level PKs, and that adds to the rush.

I have seen copious amounts of players go PK well under maximum level, get PKKd and only come back stronger. They don't rant, whine, complain about the system.

the main ones who do whine however, are the ones getting PKd or those who are PKKd so quickly and deem it unfair that all of their gear is gone, how they didn't know the rules, etc.

The PK system is perfect right now, very challenging, and very rewarding if you can milk it and are good enough to do it right.

I see no reason to change something that works perfectly. There are other things that deserve much more attention. PK system is not nearly as "unbalanced" as, let's say, certain classes.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:36 AM   #11
Tapobu

the problem with the current pk system is that it becomes mandatory that the pker either abuse the system or receive no profit whatsoever from the pking.

- a person who goes pking alone, for the 'rush' might kill a few people, get a few drops, but ultimately he's going to lose everything. correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think pkers can trade with non-pkers. your only hope is to hide out, hope someone higher level than you goes pk, and off them before someone else does.

- on the other hand, a team of equal-level pkers can go around massacring people for a while, with the agreement that once they're done, one will kill the other, thus 'saving' all the gear and all the newly stolen gear, and the other will restart and get some of the profit. sure, a pkker can find them before they off each other, but as the ratspike/trainer team a while back showed, it's definitely possible to abuse the pk-redemption system.

so basically you're left with a pk system that more or less puts a death sentence on the character. eventually everything he gained WILL be lost, unless he finds a fall-guy to kill. it's not exactly a very balanced system when nothing can be gained by pking without abusing a loophole. i'm not saying i want a system that lets everyone run free pking at will, but it sure would be nice to see a little action every once in a while, without it ending in a morrodin-flavored assisted suicide.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

I like this idea ... more action

Old 07-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapobu View Post
the problem with the current pk system is that it becomes mandatory that the pker either abuse the system or receive no profit whatsoever from the pking.

- a person who goes pking alone, for the 'rush' might kill a few people, get a few drops, but ultimately he's going to lose everything. correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think pkers can trade with non-pkers. your only hope is to hide out, hope someone higher level than you goes pk, and off them before someone else does.

- on the other hand, a team of equal-level pkers can go around massacring people for a while, with the agreement that once they're done, one will kill the other, thus 'saving' all the gear and all the newly stolen gear, and the other will restart and get some of the profit. sure, a pkker can find them before they off each other, but as the ratspike/trainer team a while back showed, it's definitely possible to abuse the pk-redemption system.

so basically you're left with a pk system that more or less puts a death sentence on the character. eventually everything he gained WILL be lost, unless he finds a fall-guy to kill. it's not exactly a very balanced system when nothing can be gained by pking without abusing a loophole. i'm not saying i want a system that lets everyone run free pking at will, but it sure would be nice to see a little action every once in a while, without it ending in a morrodin-flavored assisted suicide.
Yet people still go PK. Go figure

hmmm
Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #14
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Default hmmm

hmmm well looks like there are still almost no real pking or real wars to speak of so i think maybe time to implement some lvl restrictions or other patch as i have seen several other good ideas around as well
dont make those of us that dont want to, exploit the system do it as others have.
my clan would like to use something besides just the rank 1 runes but we would rather earn them than to exploit the system like most others with domm and terr have done, way to go guys proves what great talented players you guys have, lets all give them a hand for being able to win fake wars lol

bump
Old 08-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #15
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Default bump

hey jeff / glichless whom ever it concerns i am thinking maybe you should start taking action on some of the war and pk suggestions of mine or even of the others i see posted here daily, because players would love to take advantage of the pk and war features of the game but not all are lvl 70's and its better to just not take part in a game feature that is designed for only high lvls.

i dont remember reading that these features can only be enjoyed by lvl 70's

Old 08-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #16
powaqa

when did pkers start getting points for killing gray characters again that had been pulled out after all the whiners said fix it or i won't buy tc's

Old 08-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #17
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by powaqa View Post
when did pkers start getting points for killing gray characters again that had been pulled out after all the whiners said fix it or i won't buy tc's
Long time ago, when the PKs started whining about not getting the points they deserve.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #18
Valiumandritalin
Auction Master

I say the PK suggestion ought to go both ways, you can't be perma PKK'd by a player 5+ lvls hiher then you bot also make it so a PK can't loot a player 5+ levels below him.

Would allow people to make so called "twinks" in order to enjoy the PK system even more but also make it so that they could be killed.

Hell, even make it 10+ levels concerning the perma-PKK'ing and looting.

That'd be the greatest update/fix ever done for this game, in my opinion, since I play this game for the PvP.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #19
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
It's not out of the question to potentially change the war system to only reward kills of similar level, however, we will certainly not prevent battle based on level. We're going to have to see how things pan out after runes are implemented when rune power will be extremely important. Having all your low level players hiding won't be a viable long term option for any healthy clan that needs to fuel their rune machine.
It appears clans have figured a way around the whole war thing... civy everyone but a few players and fight. To some this is fine, to others it sucks since they want lower levels to fight.... Easy enough to power runepower by simply depositing some gold.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #20
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty View Post
It appears clans have figured a way around the whole war thing... civy everyone but a few players and fight. To some this is fine, to others it sucks since they want lower levels to fight.... Easy enough to power runepower by simply depositing some gold.
I was under the impression frees and those lower than Soldier couldn't purchase RP.