Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

keeping new players
Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert

Default keeping new players

Recently, as anyone know, we dont get many new players on as was before and that who comes dont stay long enough to see full potentional of this game, so i have some idea how to keep new players here a bit more, and maybe thay stay for longer.
- Every new maded toon who reach lvl 15 (or 20) can buy with in game gold Seer's account upgrade , that give 4 weeks standard, 4week normal accel, one extra gem slot and 4 extra inventory slots
- It will cost 150k (maybe 200k) , alot gold for low lvl, but surely that make them work hard for it
- they not need to buy it exactly hiting lvl 15 (or 20) they have time till lvl 25 (or 30, depend what level will be set) to use this benefit
- That will work only for new maded toons, not rerolled one
- That will surely revive market of low-mid lvl armors and weapons that new players will be able to trade, and knowing that is hard to find any low lvlv gear in ah atm, so even new ppl that come here and become payed cant buy anyting from ah

There could be more options, like allow to trade epics without virts betwen accounts that buyed Seer's upgrade,

That maybe will make some of them to stay, and maybe even some of them will spend some $ after, who knows

Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Soxson
Epic Scholar

or simply 1 TC in their inventory when they make the account so that they dont feel discriminated when everyone has a face or can trade and they dont

Old 09-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
>.>
Auction Master

There is not a shortage of new players. Sure there is not hundreds of new players a day like some games but they are out there. They just do not talk in public chats. I have picked up quite a few in my clan and I try to steer them out of civil since many times they will be trolled ot given half assed answers. If people were not such dicks to new players sometimes then maybe the new players that do stay would not be the silent ones.

All the new players need is some guidance and maybe some helping starter gold. When I see a new player that seems active and asks the right questions (how to do something rather than asking to have it done for them) I will usually give them 20k to start the game with. That is a bad gold rush from pit and im sure most players could swing a 20k donation to a new player every now and then. 20k gold to a cap is nothing. It is like 1/5th of an alright rush but to a new player than can be like 3 sets of weapons and suits or more.

Last edited by >.>; 09-02-2013 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: daer typo >.>

Old 09-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Oneangel
Rare Collector

Problem with giving a free tc or even face time is that there would be nothing to stop you making 1000 alts, lvling them up to lvl 20 then using the free tc to allow trading of all the gold to your main. Even if that's only 30k or something, do that with 1000 alts and you have a free lg weapon. Rogues idea is good thoug relies too much on the kindness of the player base to be reliable. It's good that

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 09-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Oneangel
Rare Collector

are thinking about this though. Sry misclicked so now in 2 messages

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneangel View Post
Problem with giving a free tc or even face time is that there would be nothing to stop you making 1000 alts, lvling them up to lvl 20 then using the free tc to allow trading of all the gold to your main. Even if that's only 30k or something, do that with 1000 alts and you have a free lg weapon. Rogues idea is good thoug relies too much on the kindness of the player base to be reliable. It's good that
maybe, but if someone want to make 1000 alts and push them to lvl 15-20 to be able to buy account upgrade for 150-200k, i say it is hardly pay off tbh

Old 09-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post
There is not a shortage of new players. Sure there is not hundreds of new players a day like some games but they are out there. They just do not talk in public chats. I have picked up quite a few in my clan and I try to steer them out of civil since many times they will be trolled ot given half assed answers. If people were not suck dicks to new players sometimes then maybe the new players that do stay would not be the silent ones.

All the new players need is some guidance and maybe some helping starter gold. When I see a new player that seems active and asks the right questions (how to do something rather than asking to have it done for them) I will usually give them 20k to start the game with. That is a bad gold rush from pit and im sure most players could swing a 20k donation to a new player every now and then. 20k gold to a cap is nothing. It is like 1/5th of an alright rush but to a new player than can be like 3 sets of weapons and suits or more.
i help also with gold, and if you look in my clan, ther is alot low lvl toons that are invated, giving them 20-25k starting gold and advices, and asking of them just to be active, i help as much i can, but seriusly, they complain more about how they are not able to get decent gear even if they are paid because ah low-mid gear is mostly empty, you can fing lvl 12 sleeve and next one is 78, that is biger problem than new players incomes, and that is why i suggested this, just to revive trading on lower lvl gears, because all rush on cap to be able to use lvl 80 skills, rarely players farming, OOS, Snake river or rog peaks

Old 09-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Pearllife
Crab Defiler

I agree with Solo. Helping out low lvl toons is the only way Nod is going to grow.
I also am like Rogue and donate gold and time to low lvls and have a clan that is made to help low or new players then when they get to lvl 40 or so they usually move on to a bigger clan with better runes.

We all started as newbies so why not give back?

Old 09-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #9
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
If people were not suck dicks to new players sometimes .
I lol'd at this typo

Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
Master
Boss Hunter

OA get online!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #11
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Better yet they get asked at lvl 5 or 10 to register their email and once they confirm they get a day of premium amd accell as opposed to extra rt. Just one day. I know after using prem and accell for a day I'd not only buy them but I'd be hooked

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 09-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
zenga
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

I urge everyone to make a new character, and level it to level 10-15 without any help from your main, no gold, no gear. Then put yourself in the position of a newbie, and check how long your fights take, how slow you progress and how insignificant attributing a trophy to a stat is.
Then look at the price of a full account, for a game that you can play only a few hours per day, and you are in the range of an xbox console with a couple of games. Only to figure out soon after that it's not possible to catch up / be competitive in pvp without spending the price of a really state of the art laptop.

That is imo the problem why there are very few new players staying. A tc or free gold will only fix a temp thing.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 03:55 PM..

Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert

fully agre with Sisix, when i started tc prices was about 140k, though, at that time you wasnt able even to move epics without virts, but, alot changed now, so we should face to the fact that low lvl newbies without any upgrade and with 1 hour rrt per day cant do much and they climbing to decent lvl is so slow that most of them give up before hiting lvl 20, especialy when they see they gold rushes of 150 gold and looking on 700k tc on ah............., that is why i started this thread, Sisix was correct to point that players reroll and rush to cap and skiping farming on lower areas, that lead to thing that is hard to find any decent armor/weapon bellow lvl 72 on ah, not to mention low lvl gems, all tp-s and gem drops that worth less than 70k are dismantled for dusts.

I dont ask for more rrt or double gold, i just want to glitch consider about giving new players chance to see truly potentional of this game, giving them 4 week account with posible double trophie drops and acces to ah and let them trade low lvl gear betwen themselfs, maybe they will spend some gold on cheap trophies thera are allways on ah or some potion. After that 4 weeks some of them maybe chose to stay as N-s and play occasionaly, but if you get 2, 3 or even 5 new players monthly that will spend 5 or more $ every few weeks it will pay off. Some of them maybe take friends on too, and help them to reach chance to get 4 weeks trial.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
Atropos
Rare Collector

Quote:
There is not a shortage of new players. Sure there is not hundreds of new players a day like some games but they are out there. They just do not talk in public chats. I have picked up quite a few in my clan and I try to steer them out of civil since many times they will be trolled ot given half assed answers. If people were not such dicks to new players sometimes then maybe the new players that do stay would not be the silent ones.

I was picked up by Rogue when i just started, heh, nostalgic
U didnt give me 20k back then booo! :P kidding

Last edited by Atropos; 09-04-2013 at 11:05 AM..

Old 10-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert

bump

Old 10-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #17
Monu
Gem Pouch Expert

Ever since BGT/MC low level farming has been pretty dead.

Yes, I am still complaining about this.

Some people even said to me "Nodiatis was originally for everyone, but now it is for higher levels" when i complained about lower levels not being able to get stuff.

Low levels have a huge disadvantage. Nodiatis is going to get even worse for lower levels with all these buffs, LG buffs, etc. Cap is fun, but new players rarely experience it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphoomZhah View Post
Didnt know I couldnt trade irl for things in Nod =( I just traded my gf for a stack of trophys.. i wanted those trophys but now I usde them and want my gf back.. its all ur fault.. U MUST to find me another gf

]

Old 10-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #18
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

I hate to be pessimistic, but its not happening. I for one have ALWAYS agreed with ideas that bring new players in. Been recruiting from other games too (although they dont stay,,,)

At this point, I honestly don't think its glitch's goal to get new players. His goal is to maintain the current pocket warrior (who are dwindling). From a business perspective, glitch can do whatever he wants. But the last update to help new players (quest exp and more gold) was I think 2 years ago?

If he really wants new players, ALL he has to do is get ads. I don't know of a single company that does well without good marketing.

Last edited by terrorbladestorm; 10-16-2013 at 11:48 PM..

Old 10-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #19
>.>
Auction Master

Emilia, as was said in your other "the end is neigh" thread, which got locked, 'That sounds brilliant, invite players from a dynamic purely PvP game to a static mainly PvE game with little to no exciting PvP system in place.' You invite players from the wrong demographic and wonder why they don't stay.

New players DO join the problem lies in the steep learning curve of the game. Yes "back in our day it was harder" but in order to retain more the beginning should be made more forgiving. Starter pets, would help some as well as some sort of free2free trade system so new players can trade amongst themselves. You rarely play so you may be out of touch but we do get people to the game they just leave early on due to lack of help or they are just swamped with too much too soon.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:11 AM   #20
Oneangel
Rare Collector

Quote:
some sort of free2free trade system so new players can trade amongst themselves.
This is a clever idea, it would have to have a provision that you could only trade to other toons that have always been free rather than mains gone N, and maybe it only lasts until lvl 40/60 so there will be reason to go paid rather than stay in this new sub community of free players.