Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

Open Range PKer isnt really Open Range
Old 01-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Default Open Range PKer isnt really Open Range

If i was to go Open Range at cap, i SHOULD be able to force combat on anyone and attempt to kill them.

BUT

You can not force on other PKers that have a range.

i believe that its a bug, and that it should be changed so that an Open Range PKer can kill anyone, even if the person they wanna kill is a low lvl Pker.

*EDIT*

due to constant argument, and from the looks of it, lack of ability to comprehend my post, ill simplify it.

this has NOTHING to do with redeeming, this IS NOT a suggestion.

this IS, imo, a bug.

Currently, there is a PK range. If i, as a lvl 5, force combat on a lvl 85, and win, my range will be 0-10. Now, as a lvl 45, if i force and kill a lvl 5, my range will be 1-85.

follow so far??

to simplify it:

If i force on and kill OVER my lvl, nothing changes, my range is +-5
If i force on and kill UNDER my lvl, i go open range.

Ok on to the bug part.

If i have a range i can be killed by anyone under my max part of the range.
If i have an open range, i can be killed by anyone.

BUT

If i am open range, and i want to force on someone that is a lvl 45 PK, not to PKK them, but to PK them, i am unable, because he is a PK, but if that lvl 45 is NOT PK then i am able to kill him.

Basically, if i am an open range PKer, i should be able to force on anyone, anywhere. not almost anyone, anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Last edited by Smashbros; 01-17-2011 at 05:53 AM..

Old 01-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Suppooort:
A PK should be able to attack anyone, if that is his/her intention; Besides those with immunity from being attacked recently.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Raith
Gem Pouch Expert

support also

Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Agreed

Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

I do not support.

We do not need people Opening range to kill lower level pkers and then redeeming.

Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
BlackWolf
Neophyte

No, that is stupid doing this would completely negate the level range that was made to protect pks in the first place. if u wanna redeem, redeem on someone your own level dont pick on low levels

Old 01-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
danaarlan

im kinda against this. obv were not talking about getting redeemed off low lvl pk's, but im pretty sure if u pk'd one they would perma die, which is what im against

Old 01-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
Raith
Gem Pouch Expert

so don't count it towards redemption. but I'm all for lvl85 PK's being able to kill someone who hides @ lvl65

Old 01-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

I support if no perma death

Last edited by Migleyy; 01-16-2011 at 08:44 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaarlan View Post
im kinda against this. obv were not talking about getting redeemed off low lvl pk's, but im pretty sure if u pk'd one they would perma die, which is what im against
This. Killing the low level Pker is fine, but the low level PKer perma dying, and losing all equipment is absurd. I would not have any problems with this as long as the PKer does not receive a perma death, and the Open ranged PKer could not PK the low level PKer while they were PKing(Flashing).

Quote:

Old 01-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #11
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

yes... a PK'er should not be restricted to level range like the PKK'er.... The entire idea around the PK, is that they have freedom to kill WHO and WHEN.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

Its the facking Dark Side, Dark side people is risking a lot so they also need to kill each others to have that Chaos, Panic, Fear of the Dark Side...

Actually as bad as it sounds, its more fun ( for a cap player ofc..) but the idea is also good because to search for a pk as a pk is to expose your self which means:

Pk have more interesting things to do, Risky for sure but there is a reward too, this means PKrs could probably be around walking more often and Pkkrs could have more activity , why? because if you go crazy to kill a low lvl you know people will look for because there will be a global message so theres a risk/reward even more interesting than the 3x XP.

Also if you like the concept of a difficult Dark Side , take out the 3x XP and for once please do the:
Dark Side - Neutral - Bright Side

Few things:

-Players of lvl 1-39 are Neutral ( just like you are right now nothing especial).
-Players at lvl 40+ have the option to choose Dark Side or Bright Side.
-Players from the Dark Side can Kill neutral, dark and bright side players.
-Players from the Bright Side can only kill Dark Side players.

-Explaining the sides-

The Dark Side Pros and Cons:

-You can kill anyone above lvl 40 and loot 1 item from the inventory and steal 5% up to 10% of gold based on victim/s lvl( 40-50 = 5% , 50-60 = 6% , 60-70 = 7% ,70-80= 8% , 80-85 = 9% and groups always 10%.

-You get a 30% xp bonus in passive and active but if you dont pk at least 2 times a week you get a permanent -2%(only when you are in the dark side) if you reach 0% that way the dark side will stay with your soul ( u dont get the bonuses however u can get negative penalties if you dont keep pking) until you pk a bright side player.

-You can not buy anything from AH however, you can sell anything.

-If a bright side player kills you, you go back to the neutral side and lose all your gold and items to him and you go back to the level that you decided to go to the dark side.

In those 4 pros and cons paragraphs i made sure to force the system to make it interesting and active and fair, lets make it interesting now for the bright side...

The Bright Side Pros and Cons:

-You have to pay 150k to enter the bright side.

-You get a 15% extra xp in passive and active.

-If a dark side player kills you , you go back to the neutral side and to the level that you were when you decided to go to the bright side ( you dont lose items or gold).

-You get a 20% extra gold from chests.

-You have to kill a dark side player at least 1 time per week or you lose 1% xp and 2% gold bonuses per week.

Here is something important, Dark side players can recall and or gate as normal but they start fights with a blind of 5 seconds.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

-
Old 01-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #13
orderr
Boss Hunter

Default -

I wasn't aware of this. I thought an open range PK could kill low level PKs. They should be allowed to, its not like it would happen too often.

Sanlucifer's ideas are ok, but it would be used as a trade exploit. There would have to be a 50% chance of destruction for each item in order for there to be non-permadeath full loot fighting in this game.

To have real PKing without changing the game that much, what about some decent items that don't soulbind and can be sold to the store for quite a bit? Like an item that costs about 300K, sells to store for 250K and gives you some sort of a bonus just for being in your inventory. People would PK over them.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #14
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

So, you guys would be ok with, for example....

Player 1 decides to PK Player 2 one day at level 45, and Player 2 is level 16 when he decided to PK.

Player 1 isn't an idiot so he decides to have a redeem set up (Paid for, or one of his alts) Player two is an OP PKer, who has spent tons of time preparing his account to PK, and money.

Player 1 then forces combat on Player 2, Player 2 probably has no chance at all, even to escape. 3 Hits later, Player 2 is dead, now has to start from scratch with no items or gold, all he has is Boon. Player 1 Redeems, and now has all of Player 2's stuff. Basically making 700K+ in less than a few minutes work with no risk at all.

Does this sound right to you?

Quote:

Last edited by Makaveliarts; 01-17-2011 at 01:40 AM..

Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #15
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx View Post
yup pkers love to pick on other people weaker then them and steal thier stuff but when faced with danger themselves pks promptly wet their pants and suddenly it dawns on them "OH @&*$ THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!". It's disgusting how pks run around like common criminals preying on others weakness and then start begging and pleading with the system to protect them.

there is an old saying "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".
Let's say that PKing is wrong, do two wrongs make a right? Think about it. Your argument is contradictory to your own beliefs. Also, Pkers that keep their range actually have to be paranoid, and constantly on the run from PKKers, who can team up and 2 or 3v1 a PKer. Also, when was the last time a PKer took ALL of your items, money, and time invested in your account? Being PK'd is a minor inconvenience. People hardly ever have anything taken/destroyed worth any real amount of gold.

Disgusting? It is a computer game. Pkers have shown more Honor, Respect, and integrity among other valued traits than many Non-PKers. You know what sounds worse than a PKer taking a few recalls/gates/trophies? Someone twice your level taking EVERYTHING YOU HAVE.

Quote:

Old 01-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #16
orderr
Boss Hunter

People going PK at cap for the sake of PKKing lower level PKs would be badass. The rerollers boon patch made it a lot less harsh for PKs. This wouldn't make it harsher by nearly as much as rerollers boon made it easier, so I support. The level 16 in Makaveliarts post wouldn't necessarily die - they would see the PK flashing and have a chance to escape from the mob during the fight.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:50 AM   #17
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

ok just to clear the air for some people.

to redeem you must kill alts EQUAL to your lvl.

a lvl 45 killing a lvl 16 wouldnt redeem, they would have to kill 3 lvl 16s.

this isnt changing that, all the suggestion is, is to remove the the fact that Pks are safe from higher lvl Pks. thats it. nothing else. just that

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:59 AM   #18
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orderr View Post
People going PK at cap for the sake of PKKing lower level PKs would be badass. The rerollers boon patch made it a lot less harsh for PKs. This wouldn't make it harsher by nearly as much as rerollers boon made it easier, so I support. The level 16 in Makaveliarts post wouldn't necessarily die - they would see the PK flashing and have a chance to escape from the mob during the fight.
Right. It is really easy to escape from someone who gets grey mobs where you get reds, lol. Don't forget higher exploration levels etc. Also, the Pker Pker doesn't always flash.

This will destabilize the already unbalanced PK system. 1 Level 85 PKer could massacre every single PKer under level 60 with no effort but finding them(Not hard). The only way to stop the Level 85 PKer would be high level PKKers. In turn, there would be a group of level 85 PKers that would just massacre everyone, they are already open ranged so why not? The only people who would PK under level 85 would be really lame pkers, no epics, no time spent, etc. Why put forward the effort when your just going to earn a guaranteed perma death? There would still probably be OP PKKers around their level though, trying to scrounge up the occasional PKK for points, so things wouldn't get much easier for them in that area either.

Quote:

Old 01-17-2011, 04:10 AM   #19
thatperson
Epic Scholar

upon forcing combat of any kind a PKer flashes

heres an idea maka if u arent willing to risk permadeath DONT PK

i support the OP

PKs disregard all laws so why should they be limited in what they can and cant do in any way? they can kill anyone anytime if a rl murderer kills someone at the same time as another murderer does the second murderer become invincible from any other murderers? same case here

what u dont seem to get maka is the time it would take to make these redemption alts and set up the redemption (which u seem to think is incredibly easy) is more time than its worth to get any PKKs cause of the time investment
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:28 AM   #20
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson View Post
upon forcing combat of any kind a PKer flashes

heres an idea maka if u arent willing to risk permadeath DONT PK

i support the OP

PKs disregard all laws so why should they be limited in what they can and cant do in any way? they can kill anyone anytime if a rl murderer kills someone at the same time as another murderer does the second murderer become invincible from any other murderers? same case here

what u dont seem to get maka is the time it would take to make these redemption alts and set up the redemption (which u seem to think is incredibly easy) is more time than its worth to get any PKKs cause of the time investment

Very little of this game is similar to real life. What stops someone who isn't a murderer from killing a murderer at any time? NOTHING. So we might as well just get rid of Pk Level ranges all together, and go back to how things used to be, right?

Remember in another thread how you told me my suggestion would seriously inconvenience you? Well this would inconvenience me. When I leveled my account, it was because I never thought something like this would be implemented. The tables have turned, and now you are the one trying to inconvenience me.

Purchasing a redeem/making a redeem would be more than worth it if you can kill one OP PKer. Especially with boon.

I am not afraid of permadeath, it has happened to me before (before boon). You could just bring the Redeem along with you, the PKer would most likely be hiding in a isolated area. When searching for the PKer, most likely all the mobs would be grey so you could scan the area quicker.

Quote: