Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

civil should stay... civil?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:25 AM   #1
cinderskin

Default civil should stay... civil?

I mean come on. It's not like this is the first. or 50th time that smash has done this in civil.

I think he should be moved to the kiddie table with the rest of the vulgar little children.

Feel free to post civil offenders here for fun. =-D I know i will.

Last edited by cinderskin; 01-31-2011 at 02:38 AM..

Old 01-31-2011, 02:30 AM   #2
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderskin View Post

I mean come on. It's not like this if the first. or 50th time that smash has done this in civil.

I think he should be moved to the kiddie table with the rest of the vulgar little children.

Feel free to post civil offenders here for fun. =-D I know i will.
yay im used as an example, yet again.

now as it was taken out of context, i would like to point out, that it was aimed at an idiot that was spamming the civil channel asking how to get a password for an account, after being told numerous times to email glitch, even having emaila ddress provided, they kept asking

so that was my response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
Glitchless
Administrator

If a mod sees you do that you'll get muted regardless of the content. Keep it clean please.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:15 AM   #4
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

Perhaps more mods?

Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Abuse@nodiatis.com

Old 01-31-2011, 03:52 AM   #6
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
If a mod sees you do that you'll get muted regardless of the content. Keep it clean please.
i understand, just as you would know from being human, some times you just get annoyed at the stupidity in which seems prevalent in many people

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
Valiumandritalin
Auction Master

Imagine my surprise when I opened this thread and saw it was written by a bitter, socially uncomfortable, senior citizen.

Shame on you ms. senior citizen, shame on you.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiumandritalin View Post
Imagine my surprise when I opened this thread and saw it was written by a bitter, socially uncomfortable, senior citizen.

Shame on you ms. senior citizen, shame on you.
Regardless of the bitchiness of the poster, imo, the real issue is no one gives a ****, email it to Glitchless at abuse@nodiatis.com like everyone else, and keep it off the forums.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #9
cinderskin

I have like 7 toons that smashbros owns ignored, and i still see this every other day in civil.

I imagine if i left him uniggyed i'd have 10 a day.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #10
thatperson
Epic Scholar

i think tenderskin should be civil banned so he doesnt have to see what people in civil say
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #11
Glitchless
Administrator

Smashbros and Uglymofo are now banned from civil.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #12
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Smash, that should have been "you're" not "your".
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #13
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64 View Post
Regardless of the bitchiness of the poster, imo, the real issue is no one gives a ****, email it to Glitchless at abuse@nodiatis.com like everyone else, and keep it off the forums.
Again, email Glitchless instead of posting your high school drama on here for attention. You're not above the rest of us who use this method you know.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #14
Roeth
Seer's BFF

I disagree. If this had been reported by email to Glitchless, and Smash/mofo had been banned, nobody would have known about it.

That is, until various people started speaking in /c about how he was banned from civil, and probably speculating/causing a witchhunt over who got him banned.

As it is, there's no speculation about who is responsible for this at all. Cinders has quite happily stood up and said that he thinks this behaviour is unacceptable, and I find myself in agreement.

In addition, if this had been reported by email to Glitch, then people would forget that there are (sometimes severe) consequences to breaking the rules.

Now, people have remembered that fact, and hopefully will remember it in future

In some ways, it's like the difference between putting minor convicts either

1. In prison, to serve out their sentence out of sight

2. In special uniforms, cleaning the streets, for all to see.

Which do you think has the greater deterrent effect ?

Civil has basic rules. You can't claim that there shouldn't be < 13s in there, because the login for the game allows those, with parental consent. If you really don't give a damn about those rules, then you shouldn't be in /c. There is another chat all set up for you to tell each other to f#%k off in, please use it.

Nod, like society as a whole, has rules. Would Smash think it appropriate to punch some little old lady who was taking too long to park her car, if it was annoying him a lot on that day ?

He chose to forget the rules in this case.

Now he gets to pay the price.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

This was reported publicly (in an improper manner) by someone who has a grudge. It had nothing to do with preventing further offenses by other people in the future, and will have no more effect than the other various people who have also used an improper method of reporting in the past. It's just a way for him to start a brand new fight on the forums. It's immature, moronic, and I hope to god he gets forums banned for trying to incite fighting.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #16
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

lol @ this kiddie table thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #17
Roeth
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64 View Post
This was reported publicly (in an improper manner) by someone who has a grudge. It had nothing to do with preventing further offenses by other people in the future, and will have no more effect than the other various people who have also used an improper method of reporting in the past. It's just a way for him to start a brand new fight on the forums. It's immature, moronic, and I hope to god he gets forums banned for trying to incite fighting.
OK Daer, answer these questions for me .

Where does it say how infringements should be reported to Glitchless ?

Where does it say that the forums are NOT the proper place to report ?

What rule of the game/forums has Cinder broken that he should be banned for ?

Old 02-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #18
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Glitchless has said a few times in the forums and in civil to report people using abuse@nodiatis.com

Doesn't say the forums aren't a place to report things, HOWEVER, reporting people publicly when you know a private way to do it is a blatantly obvious way of seeking attention and atttempting to start a fight which violates this rule:

1. The only place where you can be unkind, discuss politics, religion, or anything not game related, talk trash or belittle any other players is in the "Uncivil or Off Topic" forum. Posters who do not abide by these rules will not be allowed to post on the forums. You must respect other players regardless of how stupid you think or know they are. Harassment of any kind outside of the uncivil forum or uncivil game channel will not be tolerated. Also do not post in any other forums if your signatures are offensive - they will be treated as part of your posts. Repeatedly breaking the rules will result in in-game punishment such as being squelched or banned from civil.

MANY people break those civil rules constantly but he singles Smash out for public humiliation and tries to start a fight on the forums. Seems like harassment and inciting fights to me.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #19
Roeth
Seer's BFF

I've never seen Glitch say that the 'official' way to report people is by emailing it in.
If you think that it's reasonable to expect someone to go and search through forums for something Glitchless might (or might not) have said, then that's your opinion. I'd very much doubt it's something bannable.

Basically, you claimed that Cinders broke a whole load of rules in posting Smash's offences. You then fail to show ANY of the rules that he's broken, apart from the fact that it 'seems to you' that he's done this lot to start a fight.

I hate to say it, but that sounds like someone desperately trying to defend what Smash did, and shooting the messenger that reported him.

Now I'll admit that I've had my disagreements with Smash, but I don't have a particular agenda against him (or anyone else) here. (Just look at http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10702 and read my post there - I really think he's onto something)
If cinders does have a problem with Smash, then that's between the 2 of them.
If Smash then gives cinders ammunition to use against him, then it's his own fault. After all, only a damn fool is going hand someone a baseball bat, when they know it's likely to be used on them.

If Daer, or pkp, or Dest, or any of my clannies, or anyone else was seen by me posting something that offensive in civil, then I'd report them. Hell, I've spoken (firmly) to clannies that I think are pushing the boundaries, because I think it reflects badly on the clan.
I don't think it matters how they are reported, whether on here or by email.
I would probably report by email, but that's because its just easier for me to do that (no resizing of screenies needed), and I normally have Outlook running anyway.

Other people choose to do it in another way - that's their CHOICE.
Much the same as it was Smash's CHOICE to post what he did on /c. Nobody forced him to do that. The consequences are entirely his own fault, and you (or anyone else) whining about the person who reported him just really seems to be sour grapes over the person that got one of your buddies banned.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #20
jaym
Gem Pouch Expert

yeah i support on you Cinder