Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Account is unable to log on
Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
Cohen

Default Account is unable to log on

I around an hour and a half ago i tried to log on my account on nodiatis and it said account has recently tried to log on and was unsuccessful, i was wondering if there was any way to make it unlocked because i didnt even try to log on before it happened aka someone tried to log on my char. is there a way to unlock it so i can go back on?

Account unable to log on
Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
Cohen

Default Account unable to log on

I around an hour and a half ago i tried to log on my account on nodiatis and it said account has recently tried to log on and was unsuccessful, i was wondering if there was any way to make it unlocked because i didnt even try to log on before it happened aka someone tried to log on my char. is there a way to unlock it so i can go back on?

Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
Glitchless
Administrator

Sometimes when you try to log into Nodiatis too soon after you've woken up you are too groggy to tell what is happening. You open a browser, you enter your name and password and hit submit and it won't let you on. Then you're like "WTF that is the right password" and do it again. Then you see that it's telling you to click the box first so you do that and your screen goes black so you minimize waiting for it to do the intro loady thing and go check your e-mail. Your e-mail is all spam and you're bored so you decide to log onto Nodiatis. You go directly there from your e-mail account and try to log on and it tells you someone is already on your account and you go "WTF who is on my account? Only Nancy knows my password! (which is against the rules of Nodiatis btw)" and you get on the forums and make a post about it. Half way through writing your post you see you have two Nodiatis windows open so you close one and go to the other which is logged on but there's a message in the left window telling you someone with a correct password tried to log on to your account unsuccessfully and you go "WTF!! I'm being hacked!"

And in reality you just tried to log on to Nodiatis too soon after you woke up.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Cohen

well if that is true then why wont it let me log on for almost 2 hours now?

Old 03-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
Glitchless
Administrator

What is the name of the account and what is the exact message you get when you try to log on and do you log on to this account from anywhere else that may still have a character logged on by mistake?

Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
Cohen

Account name is Cohen. I tried to log on at approximately 8:50 am est, it said Someone has too recently unsuccessfully attempted to log onto this account. Try again in 15 seconds. this was 2 hours ago

Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
Cohen

and i dont log on elseware only on my laptop which there is only 1 browser open with no other nodiatis accounts online

Old 03-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #8
Cohen

im off to class back in 3 hours

Old 03-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
Glitchless
Administrator

Ok you should now be able to log on. There were only 2 mistaken password guesses on your account but it was locking you out due to an overly strict timing lockout that we will be fixing tonight. Thank you for finding this problem for us, 1 TC reward.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

love the writeup glitch, particularly the wtf's, priceless

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Sometimes when you try to log into Nodiatis too soon after you've woken up you are too groggy to tell what is happening. You open a browser, you enter your name and password and hit submit and it won't let you on. Then you're like "WTF that is the right password" and do it again. Then you see that it's telling you to click the box first so you do that and your screen goes black so you minimize waiting for it to do the intro loady thing and go check your e-mail. Your e-mail is all spam and you're bored so you decide to log onto Nodiatis. You go directly there from your e-mail account and try to log on and it tells you someone is already on your account and you go "WTF who is on my account? Only Nancy knows my password! (which is against the rules of Nodiatis btw)" and you get on the forums and make a post about it. Half way through writing your post you see you have two Nodiatis windows open so you close one and go to the other which is logged on but there's a message in the left window telling you someone with a correct password tried to log on to your account unsuccessfully and you go "WTF!! I'm being hacked!"

/fail

Old 03-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
Valarian
Boss Hunter

classic what the game needs is more humour and less trolls

Old 03-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #13
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
classic what the game needs is more humour and less trolls
Good trolls are funny

Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #14
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:

hehehe you wrote all that, just to find out there was a problem with your coding

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.