Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Killing Field (FFA)
Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.
Arrow Killing Field (FFA)

While having a clan-wide duelfest outside of Stronhdad, I had come to this sudden realization, Nod is a game that requires a lot of grinding, people want and need a way to blow off some steam and/or boredom.

Just so happens that this duelfest my clan was having was doing just that, worry-free stress-free FUN, but why should we be condemned to this little square dueling with friends? The only major thing Nod really lacks is a good OPEN PVP SYSTEM. Going PK, or involving yourself into a drama-rich (and almost non existent) clan war is not what people are looking for in a fun PvP system, ask anyone; PvP in nod is a fail from every possible aspect or angle.

I could go on for a week or two about all the people and friends I have watched say adios to Nodiatis simply due to the PvP system, or being sucked into other games (Dark Age of Camelot for example, WoW) simply awesome PvP systems.

What I suggest is simple, exploit free, FUN, practical, and best of all it would have minimal effects on the current PK system and Clan Wars. Finally, something everyone could get involved in without risk of losing their characters. Would also be a good practice for serious clan wars among much, much more positive content. Not to mention this would be great incentive for people to create more unique character builds to compensate for more PvP action, since friends dueling is pretty much all Nodiatis has in the way of fun PvP.

Suggested Zone:
This zone is currently un-used and blank, it is in a prime location for characters of every level to reach it, not to mention being so close to the trading and economic mecca of Nodiatis, Stronhdad (T2).

Suggested Rules:

FFA (Free for all) Attack anyone, at any level, with any amount of group members, as many times as you want, at any time.

Option 1 for death punishment: You lose nothing, and can immediately begin fighting once you are healed.
Option 2: You lose 1/4th the amount of RT you would lose on a normal death, this is actually a good method because it would give people a solid reason to level the stat-skill Aquital(Less RRT loss upon death).

Simply by clicking force combat one time, you initiate combat with selected person(s) in the Killing Field. (You would become a PK outside of the killing field for doing this.)

You gain nothing but bragging rights, when killing other players.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
sherman

Yes...

Old 01-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
jedimastercal
Boss Hunter

I think this is a great idea

I think something with the runes can be done aswell maybe making this idea a better idea like having a counter on the runes so u can set them any time in the month rather then only at the beginning and u can get max of 99 days if u try to activate more it wont let u and maybe have an option to activate for 60 days little cheeper then 30 and 90 cheeper then 60 and even 99 day not much cheeper then 90 well per day so still cost little less then the price for 30 days or maybe have a price per day and u set how many days u want the rune for.

It means that clans can activate rank 5 runes for a day if they can put in vault and have a day of fighting in the area so they can use rank 5 runes like the other people in the better clans it will help clans also not needing to wait for the next month to activate runes when u start a clan in the middle of the month etc

Last edited by jedimastercal; 01-18-2010 at 10:47 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Lancelo

That is an awesome idea, i would love to see that happening ( or the ARENA on todo list..)

Old 01-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
jedimastercal
Boss Hunter

Also it will give people a more different look at the game because u have a free for all zone like some other games giving non stop action and u can group kill people that u dont like and with relic's idea i thought having accel allows specs 1/2 cool down time y not make it that grinder stops players losing the 1/4th their lvl's rrt that way u will have more people buying grinder to do that and give u more rason to do this idea

Old 01-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #6
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastercal View Post
Also it will give people a more different look at the game because u have a free for all zone giving non stop action and u can group kill people that u dont
Exactly, that and more fun overall, because frankly; we are really getting tired of sitting on the same square killing the same mobs over and over doing the same thing every day.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 AM   #7
Drumboardist

I like it. I fully endorse this idea. Now someone tell Relic to stop beating on me.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #8
jedimastercal
Boss Hunter

Maybe make a pking zone below reydor where u take in armour etc and u become a pker in the zone and when u leave u auto redeem unless a pker to start with but u get killed u lose 10k gold or 100 times ur lvl or make it u lose 1 stack of items like when u get pked by a pker only u can take tcs making people use them before entering and people would pay for an alt to be able to store stuff on and stuff like that however u can lose 1 item equipted probs worth not the least but a random chance to lose something

Old 01-19-2010, 03:44 AM   #9
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

One problem with that Jedical, we still want the current PK'ing and clan war system to stay intact and unharmed. I feel that would cause some interference.

A no-reward system is whats needed, since we already have PK'ing.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:27 AM   #10
thatperson
Epic Scholar

i like relics idea and fully support
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:43 AM   #11
Poopooface

Yawn. No purpose to this. If ppl wanna duel now, they just need to hit Offer Duel.

U can click yes or no

In this case u can choose to go in the "Offer Duel Automatic yes" area or not.
Wasted bandwidth for a pointless update

Great idea
Old 01-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #12
orderr
Boss Hunter

Default Great idea

Theres so much that the players could do with a zone like this. It should exist.
It should have no mobs at all also.

Other blank areas like that(south of around the fern grove there is another one) could be different types of no mobs pvp areas.

Another one should be: a bunch of rune power is given away for free every hour or so to whichever clan has the most players in the zone.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #13
jedimastercal
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orderr View Post
Theres so much that the players could do with a zone like this. It should exist.
It should have no mobs at all also.

Other blank areas like that(south of around the fern grove there is another one) could be different types of no mobs pvp areas.

Another one should be: a bunch of rune power is given away for free every hour or so to whichever clan has the most players in the zone.
make it only accessable my t2 or people will take advantage to town walk t2-t4 faster without mobs

Old 01-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #14
Pasterqb

I like it but also think these options would make PvP more usable.

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/id...madness-2.html

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/id...ce-battle.html

Old 01-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #15
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by orderr View Post

Territory would make more sense

Old 01-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #16
Misguided
Seer's BFF

this is a great idea....which lead to better things, like sanctioned duel tourneys???
the PvP system as we know it is non-existant, and with the recent patches to PKing, that is a lost art as well.
we need something to occupy our time, grinding is mindless anymore, we need something to spark interest, and gain new players, not the same players creating endless alts

Old 01-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #17
beetdabrat
Auction Master

I love the idea.

Maybe we can have soul points to represent how well you're doing.
They would be like pk and pkk points but youd gain them from winning a battle in the killing fields.

Beet Da Brat

Old 01-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #18
Duvopaz
Gem Pouch Expert

I'd come back to Nodiatis forever if this got implemented. It's a REALLY good idea.

Jeff,the Nod people have given you COUNTLESS of GOLDEN idea's to make NODIATIS a game worth playing forever. This is one of the best idea's that Relic has suggested and you should really consider it because it will make us all nodiaticans happy

Old 01-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetdabrat View Post
I love the idea.

Maybe we can have soul points to represent how well you're doing.
They would be like pk and pkk points but youd gain them from winning a battle in the killing fields.

Beet Da Brat
and have you lose points when u die equivalent to you level....would need a new tops list
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #20
ghosttamer
Boss Hunter

Love your ide Relic, this game would be much more fun if somthing like this was iimplented to the game and it would probebly briing in allot of new players aswell