Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Old 01-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #161
Guessingo

What is the formula for hitpoint increase when I raise durability? I was getting 4 per point, now it seems to be going up as I raise it. I only have it at 122. I used to think that agility was worth more. I am pushing it up now.

Also, what raises energy and mana besides the two magic skills that raise it by .5%? What raises the base? I dont seem to get more just from levelling like I do with hitpoints.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:59 PM   #162
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

mana and energy are raised by mst and pst.

with hitpoints you will get them as you lvl up or raise dur. i believe ugolin found out that the more points you have the less you gain per point (but it still goes up) soo there is no actual set amount your health will raise based on that.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:12 PM   #163
Guessingo

what are the runes of descension listed on flashus?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:52 PM   #164
Revanche
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Revanche Send a message via Yahoo to Revanche

See below

Last edited by Revanche; 01-31-2010 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Double post....oops

Old 01-31-2010, 06:54 PM   #165
Revanche
Boss Hunter

Runes are items dropped randomly from mobs throughout nodiatis that can give slight-decent benefits. They are only usable by clans, however.

Clans place runes into their rune vault, which u can access while you are in any town, regardless of which town the rune is placed there.

Every rune has requirements to place it into the vault(dominance and territory), to activate it(rune power), and for individual clan members to use them(the archeorunology skill, located under the adventuring skillset).

Acquiring Dom/Terr is achieved by going to war with another clan: every time one of your clan members defeats a warring clan member in combat, you receive 50x the players lvl in rp, and Dom/terr equal to their level. If your clan loses a battle, you lose twice as much in rp, but Dom/terr equal to their lvl.

There are five main ranks of runes, each requiring greater amounts to use, but their are also runes with a +, ++, or +++(rank 5 epic), which require much higher levels of Dom/terr, but less rp to activate, and a lower archeo lvl to equip your first rune(each rune after that still costs 20lvls in the archeo skill.

Generic rune = 20 archeo
+ rune = 10 archeo
++ rune = 0 archeo
+++ rune = -10 archeo

soulbound items
Old 02-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #166
Naruto Uzumaki
Neophyte

Default soulbound items

What is that - soulbound items and why they cannot be sold in auctiion?

Old 02-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #167
thatperson
Epic Scholar

soulbound items are items that only you can use

they cant be sold on auction for that very reason
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #168
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

soul bound items are:

1) items you equip, like your armour or weapons, this only happens AFTER you equip them. you can still sell to the store though.

2) all gems you equip become soul bound, once again AFTER you equip them.

3) Time Cards bought via Paypal are soul bound, and they can now be un-soul bound 1 every 7 days.

4) Travel Gear is AUTOMATICALLY Soul Bound as soon as you put it in your inv. this can only be sold to a shop.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #169
Naruto Uzumaki
Neophyte

Now i got. If you equip something then you cant sold it in auction. How stupid.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #170
thatperson
Epic Scholar

u can sell to a store and buy back to unsb but its not worth it for non epics
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #171
Juan Arquero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto Uzumaki View Post
Now i got. If you equip something then you cant sold it in auction. How stupid.
Actually, that's not stupid, since the soul bound equipment rule protects you. If a PK (Player Killer) kills you (i.e. PKs you), then he can steal one item or stack of items from your inventory, but he can't steal your equipment, because it is soul bound.

Imagine what would happen if that rule didn't exist: you get PKed, then wake up in the last town you visited, but you don't have any gold, because you just spent it to buy a new weapon that the PK stole from you. How is that better?

Last edited by Juan Arquero; 02-02-2010 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Corrected a grammatical error.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #172
Juan Arquero

I hope sending two posts in a row isn't a problem here, as I want to keep my questions separate from my response to Naruto Uzumaki.

I've been following this thread and found the questions and answers very informative. However, I have a few questions of my own (after trying to find the answers elsewhere).

I've got 9 characters, ranks 3-6. Two of my characters have recently gotten charred dagger drops that they don't need (one already had one & the other is a staff-wielding caster). Neither character needs the money from the sale of the charred daggers, nor can they sell them to other players (all my characters are Ns). I've been wondering if I should dismantle the charred daggers.

I've heard that dismantling an item gives you a master recipe (from which you can use a quill pen to make consumable copies) and other ingredients (different resins which can be used to craft trophies). Dismantling epics is worthwhile for paid crafters, as they can create copies, then sell those copies to other players.

1) Is dismantling rare equipment worthwhile? For example, the charred dagger mentioned above is rare.

2) Is there someplace that I can find out what I would get if I dismantle a charred dagger or any other particular equipment?

3) Does what you get from dismantling equipment vary according to your skills?

4) Is dismantling uncommon equipment worthwhile?

5) One of my characters (a caster who can't use it) got an burnt bark quiver (uncommon) as a drop. Are leather items worth dismantling?

6) My characters are in the process of switching from level 6 armor to level 8 armor. Should I dismantle the level 6 armor (uncommon)?

7) If I dismantle something what do I get in addition to the master recipe? Do I get anything besides resins?

8) How do I craft resins into trophies? Which skills are involved in doing so? Which tools are needed?

9) Is purchasing resins from a store to craft into trophies ever worthwhile? If so, under which circumstances is it worthwhile?

10) Do different resins produce different results when crafted into trophies?

11) Are there any resins that produce 100% combat trophies or 100% spirit trophies?

Thank you in advance for any enlightenment that you can provide.

Last edited by Juan Arquero; 02-02-2010 at 01:03 AM.. Reason: Added questions 9-11.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #173
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Arquero View Post
I hope sending two posts in a row isn't a problem here, as I want to keep my questions separate from my response to Naruto Uzumaki.

I've been following this thread and found the questions and answers very informative. However, I have a few questions of my own (after trying to find the answers elsewhere).

I've got 9 characters, ranks 3-6. Two of my characters have recently gotten charred dagger drops that they don't need (one already had one & the other is a staff-wielding caster). Neither character needs the money from the sale of the charred daggers, nor can they sell them to other players (all my characters are Ns). I've been wondering if I should dismantle the charred daggers.

I've heard that dismantling an item gives you a master recipe (from which you can use a quill pen to make consumable copies) and other ingredients (different resins which can be used to craft trophies). Dismantling epics is worthwhile for paid crafters, as they can create copies, then sell those copies to other players.

1) Is dismantling rare equipment worthwhile? For example, the charred dagger mentioned above is rare.

2) Is there someplace that I can find out what I would get if I dismantle a charred dagger or any other particular equipment?

3) Does what you get from dismantling equipment vary according to your skills?

4) Is dismantling uncommon equipment worthwhile?

5) One of my characters (a caster who can't use it) got an burnt bark quiver (uncommon) as a drop. Are leather items worth dismantling?

6) My characters are in the process of switching from level 6 armor to level 8 armor. Should I dismantle the level 6 armor (uncommon)?

7) If I dismantle something what do I get in addition to the master recipe? Do I get anything besides resins?

8) How do I craft resins into trophies? Which skills are involved in doing so? Which tools are needed?

9) Is purchasing resins from a store to craft into trophies ever worthwhile? If so, under which circumstances is it worthwhile?

11) Are there any resins that produce 100% combat trophies or 100% spirit trophies?

Thank you in advance for any enlightenment that you can provide.
ok ill attempt to answer your questions, some im not 100% sure about though.

1) I believe that some of the higher lvled rare items are worth dismantling and crafting, but thats not 100%. most low lvled items, epics included usually sell for a loss instead of for a profit when crafted.

2) as far as i know you get the master plan, and resins to equal the value of the item. also with epic items you will get epic dusts, which are used with the epic master plan to make a consumable copy to craft with.

3) as far as i know, no skills effect what happens when you dismantle an object

4) no its not.

5) as far as i can tell, they are the same as all other equipment, it just varies on what is needed to craft the item. soo id say once again no.

6) no you shouldnt lol (your sick of me saying no lol) uncommon equipment is sold (generally) for just above the price they would get selling to the store. which means it is not worth it at all to attempt to craft it and in turn means crafters wont waste resources on it as they will not make any money from it.

7) as i said above, im not 100% sure but i believe all you get is resins (except in the case of an epic in which case you would get dusts aswell)

8) all you need is an enchanting rod, no skills needed. you can start crafting trophies as soon as you start playing, provided you have the resins and the enchanting rod.

9) it can be, like when there is no trophies on the ah and you need those few more exp to get to that lvl you need. crafted trophies generally cost (from resins) around 33.3gold per 1000 exp. and you can generally find them cheaper on the ah.

10) yes, different resins and different amount of resins provide different results.

11) yes there is, i have no idea what they are any more, someone who crafts trophies would know better then me.

hope that all helped

Old 02-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #174
Conqueror
Rare Collector

When you dismantle something, you ALWAYS get:

1. the master recipe (this is not consumed in the crafting allowing for mass production; it is used to produce consumable recipes which are then used to produce the actual item).

2. some resins

3. epic dusts (only if the item is epic)

In my experience, only crafted epic items can be sold to the store for a profit. On regular items, the resin cost to craft the item is greater than the amount the store is willing to pay you. Here is an example:

Dismantling the level 13 quiver will give you the master recipe + resins:

Master recipe + 1 banana cloth + 1 eureka leaf dye [in quill pen]= 1 consumable recipe

Consumable recipe lists the following items as necessary in order to make the final product:

3 banana spider thread
19 house spider thread
3 Woodland critter leather
19 mongoose leather
2 pure spun pine resin
15 waste resin

All of these items cost money when bought on the auction house and it is hard for anybody, more so for a free account, to make all of these things on their own.

But look at this:

Pure spun pine resin:
Cost: 1600 a piece

You need 2 meaning that your total cost just from the pure spun pine resins is
1600 * 2 = 3200

Store will only pay you 1850 when you sell the 13 quiver

YOU CAN NOT MAKE MONEY BY CRAFTING REGULAR ITEMS AND SELLING THEM TO THE STORE; IF SOMEONE KNOWS OF AN EXCEPTION, PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW. EPICS ALLOW YOU TO DO THIS BUT NOT REGULAR ITEMS.

I tried this for the charred dagger and a lot of other low level rare items as well. Same results.

Thus, my recommendation is this: don't dismantle anything. Just sell it to the store when you are done with it for gold.

In my opinion, this is one of the greatest shortcomings of the crafting system. If someone is willing to go through the trouble of raising their skills, then they should be able to make money by selling an item to the store. A lot of low level N's who try their hand at crafting run into this same realization and they learn the hard way. Resin costs impede crafting.

Furthermore, it is not worthwhile to craft most things if you are a standard or premium account either. Someone who gets an item as a regular drop can always undercut a crafter's prices. Once again, the resin cost will not allow the crafter to dip below a certain price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Arquero View Post

To make trophies from resins:
1. Buy resin
2. Buy enchanting rod
3. Put resin into the top left box of the enchanting rod
4. Press submit

Resins produce trophies at (33.33 gold) / (1 k experience)
I have heard that there are exceptions but I have never seen them. You can usually find cheaper trophies on the auction house.

EDIT: I would say this: playing 9 characters is too much. Pick one character as your main character and buy one time card. It will cost you only $5 for a month of standard account service and will open up the game for you. It will make things a lot easier.

Last edited by Conqueror; 02-02-2010 at 08:27 AM..

Old 02-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #175
Juan Arquero

Thanks again Smashbros and Conqueror. I got online to log in my 9 characters and check on this thread. Yes, Conqueror, I know I'm crazy for having 9 characters, especially due to the fact that I don't have much time to actively play them. I'm a taxi driver IRL (often working 80+ hours per week), so most of my character development is passive. I've quoted parts of Conqueror's post below, so that I can give a detailed response in an edit when I have time later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Dismantling the level 13 quiver will give you the master recipe + resins:

Master recipe + 1 banana cloth + 1 eureka leaf dye [in quill pen]= 1 consumable recipe

Consumable recipe lists the following items as necessary in order to make the final product:

3 banana spider thread
19 house spider thread
3 Woodland critter leather
19 mongoose leather
2 pure spun pine resin
15 waste resin
That's a lot of stuff to make a quiver. I used to be an archer during my youth, but I've never hunted IRL. However, I'm pretty sure that the leather from 19 mongoose skins would be enough to make more than one quiver, even a quiver that holds 20 arrows. Of course, the quivers in Nodiatis only hold one arrow each. I guess all the arrows are magical & teleport themselves back to their quivers or they act like boomerangs (which would explain all the archers shooting themselves when dazed).

Quote:
YOU CAN NOT MAKE MONEY BY CRAFTING REGULAR ITEMS AND SELLING THEM TO THE STORE; IF SOMEONE KNOWS OF AN EXCEPTION, PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW. EPICS ALLOW YOU TO DO THIS BUT NOT REGULAR ITEMS.
I suspected that based on what I've seen other experienced players post or say in civil.

Quote:
I tried this for the charred dagger and a lot of other low level rare items as well. Same results.

Thus, my recommendation is this: don't dismantle anything. Just sell it to the store when you are done with it for gold.

In my opinion, this is one of the greatest shortcomings of the crafting system. If someone is willing to go through the trouble of raising their skills, then they should be able to make money by selling an item to the store. A lot of low level N's who try their hand at crafting run into this same realization and they learn the hard way. Resin costs impede crafting.

Furthermore, it is not worthwhile to craft most things if you are a standard or premium account either. Someone who gets an item as a regular drop can always undercut a crafter's prices. Once again, the resin cost will not allow the crafter to dip below a certain price.
I understand your frustration with the crafting system. I've done some noob crafting -- scaling flounders (to reduce their weight & get extra fishing experience) and skinning what I've hunted. I started saving spider silks until one of my characters got a spindle, used two spider silks (worth 1 gold each) to create a spider thread (worth 1 gold) for a net loss of 1 gold and a measily gain of 40 experience. Anybody making thread should be able to do so without losing money, so thread should be worth at least 2 gold each at the stores.

After that experience, I pretty much dismissed the idea of doing much crafting (except for scaling and skinning) with low level Ns. My reason for asking all the questions above about dismantling wasn't so I could do crafting, but due to curiousity regarding if dismantling was worthwhile to get resins to craft into trophies.

Quote:
To make trophies from resins:
1. Buy resin
2. Buy enchanting rod
3. Put resin into the top left box of the enchanting rod
4. Press submit

Resins produce trophies at (33.33 gold) / (1 k experience)
I have heard that there are exceptions but I have never seen them. You can usually find cheaper trophies on the auction house.
If I dismantle a charred dagger (worth 2230 gold retail or 423 wholesale), will I get enough resins to make trophies worth about 66,907 experience (2230 divided by 33.33) or 12,691 experience (423 divided by 33.33)?

Will I get any resins if I dismantle level 6 (uncommon) armor?

Quote:
EDIT: I would say this: playing 9 characters is too much. Pick one character as your main character and buy one time card. It will cost you only $5 for a month of standard account service and will open up the game for you. It will make things a lot easier.
My computer is upgraded as far as it can be (2 GB RAM & 512 MB video card), but it still has trouble keeping all 9 characters logged in -- during the 3-4 hours that I was gone, I temporarily lost access to 6 of the accounts (one seems to be active since I can see him on the buddies list of an active character, but I can't control him). If the remaining three start experiencing problems, I'll have to reboot my computer & log in all 9 again.

My main is Juanarquero, since I've been using that name for gaming for years and it has a lot of meaning to me: Juan is a common name in my mother's family, Arquero (Archer) refers to my interest in archery as a youth & the entire name refers to one of my favorite TV characters -- Juan Arquero = John Archer = Jonathan Archer, the captain on Star Trek: Enterprise. Juan Arquero works just as well as a name for a fantasy character, as it does for a science fiction character. My obvious choice of an archer as my first character had nothing to do with the strength of the class -- I would've still created an archer even if it was the weakest class.

I've thought about buying a TC, but I never use up my RRT, much less my RT on any of my characters, so I would never fully use the benefits of a standard account.

I've often given advice to and/or grouped with noobs to help them get started, mostly Ns, but I've even helped an occasional low level paid player get started (or even given advice to level 10-15 players, paid or Ns).

Last edited by Juan Arquero; 02-02-2010 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Responding to Conqueror's post

Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #176
Naruto Uzumaki
Neophyte

Power levelling - what is this?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #177
Revanche
Boss Hunter

Every area has a minimum lvl requirement to enter it(best example for this ? is skeleton coast-lvl 35(?) mobs, but u can go there at lvl 24). Power-leveling is when a minimum lvl player groups with a higher lvl player that can fight in that area quickly. The low-lvl player gets exp much faster than they normally would, and can lvl up very fast. Very often you will see a player announce in chat they will PL in an area for a fee, or they are looking for a PL in an area, this is what they are talking about.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #178
Naruto Uzumaki
Neophyte

Thank you for clear answer.
P.S. KOTOR was amazing game

Old 02-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #179
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

Regarding dismantling items and crafting trophies:

The resins produced when dismantling an item are usually worth about 90% of the sell-to-store value. This means that if you are after the resins, just sell the item and buy some resins from the general store in any town. You'll end up producing more experience this way

There are certain combinations of resins that guarantee combats or spirits. To get combats, use a stack of 20, 24, or 28 pure spun pine resins (sold in t4). I can't remember a 100% spirit recipe off hand but I know there is at least one.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #180
Guessingo

I can use runes at level 10 runeology. Something about my clan. what did they do?