Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Sad and boring :(
Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Master
Boss Hunter

Default Sad and boring :(

1 Thorin 2,627 1,063/15
2 Mirucha 2,440 914/255
3 Ladygagya 2,285 654/26

1 Cyress 3,081 835/10
2 Trojan 2,838 782/354
3 Iamnoone 2,737 490/24

1 Paulodjohn 3,477 652/14
2 Cyress 3,271 712/54
3 Pedrowazup 3,252 635/35

1 Arach 3,316 557/19
2 Kingpk 3,271 706/158
3 Cyress 3,231 649/23

1 Bengrim 3,397 688/12
2 Arach 3,324 810/26
3 Bucifal 3,126 1,464/476

Pretty sure, I may be wrong.. But I believe that all of these top 3 teams are Heal/tank/DPS

Its not that no one has tried other ways glitch... Cause many have, including my self.. But really, the way you have the game setup there is no other way to be top 3 atm...

In order to bring more balance to the system I think a melee buff or something may be in order.. Or even a tank buff, that way it could be a tank and 2 good melee toons or a caster or w.e

EIther way I would LOVE to see something new in the top3

Last edited by Master; 11-26-2013 at 09:35 PM..

Old 11-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
Master
Boss Hunter

typo**** Heal/Tank/DPS "caster dps as of now"

Old 11-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Freakymagic
Boss Hunter

FULLY AGREE. Make something able to compete with healer + AoE dmg.

Maybe not even a buff just a tweaking of the dmg modifier. Make its so toons that DO dmg get a bigger multiplier faster, rather then having teams/toons built to be able to take a ton of dmg and wait for the modifier to do dmg.

Regardless of what way, would make arena funner and more competitive if something different could actually win.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Master
Boss Hunter

for the most part... same thing applies for End game bosses as well.

That or have a OP bm for solo bosses

Old 11-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
usaeagle
Rat Slayer

the key to arena teams are the taunts as it stands there no way to resist them so tank keep you look on him all he needs is a healer if the was a skill that gave you more resistance to taunts to were a tank can not taunt you 100% of the time then it open arena up player then be able to hit heals or even dot users.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
>.>
Auction Master

there are ways to avoid taunts, but aggravation increases their land rate by 90%. So the trick is to not let them get that far, prevents or redirects work just fine, as does having cnt and resistance skills. It would be hard for you since you rely on regen you have lesser cnt than a dedicated dps could and you use sacri so you have little to no mana to cast the needed gems and you need the timmies for the regen bonus.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #7
Glitchless
Administrator

We like to see variety as well, but keep in mind, it wasn't long ago that you (and some others) were complaining that HP regen was still OP in arenas, and that it was all anybody was doing. There's obviously some flux involved here, it hasn't been nothing but healer/tank/caster dps for every single team. There's a world of difference between "trying" something and truly committing to being a #1 team with a different build. There are LGs out there that make other combos more powerful than people are yet to realize, and to buff them more would invite a lot of flavor of the month whining when it truly did become completely overpowered.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
Master
Boss Hunter

Glitch,

I accept your challenge!

Altho, it will be hard to find 2 other people with the same schedule and willing to pay the price and willing to change to see this happen as well!

But sure, ill start trying new combos, I have several ideas just have not found anyone willing to do them with me that has all same time to play.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
Master
Boss Hunter

I think it is safe and fair to say that I experiment more than anyone in nod. I just wish that others were not afraid to do the same so that I can make a different team and bring some jazz to this arena

Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #10
Master
Boss Hunter

Hmmm, while we are on the topic...

I am looking for atleast 1 person for next arena season... Requirements must be, Loaded with wither IRL$$ or nod gold... Be willing to buy new gear and pump tons of new skills... Willing to play almost 24/7 and not get pissed off at me if all the investment doesn't pay off in the end...

PM me in game if interested or leave post here

Toodles!

Old 11-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #11
Freakymagic
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We like to see variety as well, but keep in mind, it wasn't long ago that you (and some others) were complaining that HP regen was still OP in arenas, and that it was all anybody was doing. There's obviously some flux involved here, it hasn't been nothing but healer/tank/caster dps for every single team. There's a world of difference between "trying" something and truly committing to being a #1 team with a different build. There are LGs out there that make other combos more powerful than people are yet to realize, and to buff them more would invite a lot of flavor of the month whining when it truly did become completely overpowered.
I simply don't see a way for variety to happen. The current top 10 has 2 team that do not have a caster, one of which still has AoE through arrow rain (unless mircicako's team has no caster, I think they do but I could be wrong). All of top 10 has a tank. All of top 10 has either a regener or a healer. Most have some form of AoE dmg (at least 8 of the top 10). I dont see any way that something can beat the status que as is. 3x dps toons cant do it, 3x tank toons cant do it 3x casters cant (although with how tough cyress is maybe this could be an option if there were more casters like him).... My team has come up with 1 alternative that has a CHANCE to fight it... but it will take us till late next season at the earliest to really implement it. Trying different builds is great and exciting and fun; however, when you don't have an army of toons to farm gold it makes it extremely difficult to try and attempt these different builds that have in NO WAY a guarantee that they will succeed. Add the hours upon hours (irl) you've spent farming gold, lvling skills, finally try the build out. Darn its crap and doesn't work anywhere near as good as you thought. Now you can either adapt your build to something different but with the same gear. But likely that's not going to work either. Take a HUGE loss and reroll. (either un SBing gear or selling your going to lose millions of your investment) Or, and what I think a lot of people are doing, stop caring about arena. People losing interest in what they've spent week-months working on with no pay off... It takes a very certain person to continue trying to be bold with new strategies if they constantly don't work. They either arena for the bonus and tempers... or stop arenaing all together.

In my eyes reg is STILL overpowerd and deserves a nurf, as well as Dot's. Dot's in my mind are the single most overpowered build in nod.. Ability to tap, heal, AoE, Daze, Burst dmg through ruptures.... its simply like having a healer, 2 handed DPS, BM' dps, and in some truly OP cases (Cyress) a tank. No other build can do all of these things. Yes theres always going to be something that is stronger then others... nothing is going to work 100% of the time... I simply dont think that 1 build should be able to do so many things, and in the case of regeners, require a dmg modifier to win.

Back on topic, Your not going to see much for new builds when the current build has been proven to work so effectively. Why should someone waste millions of gold on something new that might or might not work, when they can spend the same amount on something PROVEN to work.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #12
Master
Boss Hunter

im willing to put in the time and investment.. just need 2 more... come on people!!!

Old 11-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #13
>.>
Auction Master

Glitch,

HP regen is still OP and in many cases it is carrying teams to the top via either 1 toon utilizing super regen or all 3 utilizing it to a lesser degree. I will break down the top 50 so you can see.

#1 and 2 have no regen (hp) based players but they do have pre/mre based healer (probably the best 2 in the game, I know naut has the best healer classes possible and earlier today thorin has me ticking over 6.1k per tick without a heal staff or heal primary class).
#3 Killda
#4 Hoodrat
#5 Freakymagic and Abbott
#6 Brookeland and Mircicutza
#7 Falcon (some regen might have more for tanking) Grumbly was a regen based slasher until recently where he switched to healer.
#8 Cyress and Merrick (Nemk might try it since she is pilgrimming again)
#9 Mircibeast
#10 Condece (switched to regen because it outdid pure tanking stats) and Moltar
#11 Vezemir and Kingzs
#12 Flippy and Nemesiss
#13 ...lol The likely poster child for regen. Usaeagle (can solo many teams up until ~7min without taking any damage and doing very little to any team with a tank before that), Indianchief, Thepirate.
#14 Tale and Andyrogan
#15 Hellvet, Tartz, LegendaryEvil
#16 Nesbit and Slashh
#17 Jadefangs might qualify for it but I have never seen him use a sacri gem
#18 (I think this team has disbanded but....) Adino
#19 Formidable
#20 Masterpetfly
#21 Westicek, Cafco, Ciciacik
#22 Deranged and Kingdick
#23 Rockhoun some I think Desolace is partial healer to compensate for it
#24 Smuckers
#25 Jacenty
#26 :O no regen maybe
#27 Hustlerking and Shadowhock
#28 Froth + healer
#29 Raztazur to a point
#30 Annunaki and Locurasbeach to a point They just arena constantly
#31 Shadowspirit and AuraEffect
#32 Liten and Matrik
#33 Klippi and Milkchan
#34 Hirumaxx
#35 Deveneu, Serafino, Retouche
#36 Redneck (not carrying the team but also lacks the funds to abuse it)
#37 Devil, RavenShadow, Majorbloodstone
#38 Jakopa again not carrying the team but it is a team of 3 archers with shields and a partial healer
#39 Some regen on Pearleyes and Pearllife but probably not enough to make a difference in the long run.
#40 Enkei, Tahuti, Semperfidelis
#41 Not much if any regen here :O
#42 Couldn't contact Redrain but it looks like no regen used here :O
#43 Not much if any regen here :O
#44 Hellokitty
#45 Not much if any regen here :O
#46 Ugo
#47 Bubbahans uses some to a point
#48 Asleepycheezit and Brain
#49 Daer and Robindahood
#50 Iesuss and Iesuss

So if you look at that only 5-7 teams lack a regener on the team. Having a tank with regen outclasses a team with a tank and a healer due to the fact that regen combines 2 characters (healer and tank) into 1 so they can use the spot that would be filled with a healer for another dps while the tank just taunts and soaks up the damage. With regen spread out over the team they can cross taunt, or just have a higher resistance to AoE damage since they all have marginal regeneration.

Bottom line if you want to be in the top 50, by the looks of the list I just did, you need regen of some sort which should in itself scream that it needs to be looked at again.

EDIT: Yes I know that this is odd coming from someone who does not use regen but I know how I could and still be an effective tank that would be just as good, if not better than the one i am now. I just have had no reason to do it with thorin healing me like he does.

Last edited by >.>; 11-27-2013 at 12:11 AM..

Old 11-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #14
Trojan
Seer's BFF

i vote for double casting builds !!!

they have the highest potentials atm but only when someone clever tries it >_>

not long ago mre pre on a caster was a joke until somebody made it work or regen was a joke until scrambles annoyed the hell out of everyone

be careful of those alpha nerds !!!

Old 11-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #15
>.>
Auction Master

*until euphoric was added and the other regen runes were buffed in tandem with it along with the loris added to the game as per boogs request for a slow pet that benefited casters

Old 11-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #16
Trojan
Seer's BFF

and also i know this is not my thread but i wud like to tell u guys that this is not another regen whining thread if u think regen is OP or UP make another thread discuss it over there try keep it clean so we can get a result out of this thread and glitchless doesnt waste time reading irrelevant bs tyvm <3

be careful of those alpha nerds !!!

Old 11-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #17
Devilz
Boss Hunter

Yeah, double casting builds! Glitch, maybe it's time for the beguiler to redrop again so people can try different variety of builds !!!!

Old 11-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #18
Valor
Crab Defiler

The pvp damage multiplier is already stupidly overkill. Increasing it further will be a mistake. I actually think it should be toned down a bit. A regener sacrifices other things in his build. It won't be fair to nurf them further. But I agree that DoT's are OP. I suggest to add an epic skill to shorten the cleanse cool down time as it is almost the only thing tanks have against DoT's.

All days are one day, split through an endless night.

Last edited by Valor; 11-27-2013 at 12:57 AM..

Old 11-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #19
Freakymagic
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
and also i know this is not my thread but i wud like to tell u guys that this is not another regen whining thread if u think regen is OP or UP make another thread discuss it over there try keep it clean so we can get a result out of this thread and glitchless doesnt waste time reading irrelevant bs tyvm <3
As the fact this thread is about arena being boring and everyone having very similar build... the fact that ~40-45 of the top 50 in arena are all using regen is very relevant.

Rogue, I agree except for the fact that at top arena a good healer with tank beats a pure regener; however, lower down in arena, 1x Pure regener can beat a full team simply by waiting for dmg modifier and eventually 1 hitting them which just doesn't seem right.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #20
Freakymagic
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor View Post
The pvp damage multiplier is already stupidly overkill. Increasing it further will be a mistake. I actually think it should be toned down a bit. A regener sacrifices other things in his build. It won't be fair to nurf them further. But I agree that DoT's are OP. I suggest to add an epic skill to shorten the cleanse cool down time as it is almost the only thing tanks have against DoT's.
Without the multiplier every team would eventually have 1x person with 600+ regen, and a big life bar and every match would end up a draw. With the exceptions of some doters able to rupture for massive numbers regeners are un-killable (even using reaper and gravebound) until well into the multiplier.