Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Big Game Trophies & Max Coinage
Old 05-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Big Game Trophies & Max Coinage

The way the skill is worded, it seems it does not matter what level you are in comparison to what you kill to determine how much loot you get, rather, only the level of the creature that you kill. Is it intended to give level 90 players the same benefit to killing level 90 creatures as level 85 players killing level 90s? I have literally no way of testing this, so I am just posing the question before it becomes an issue

Old 05-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
chloe
Seer's BFF

they will probebly get less trophies because the colour of the mob has changed

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

This was not a question for you, as you could not possibly have the correct answer. It was a question for Glitchless, who is the only person with the ability to fully answer this question, or even to test it.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
chloe
Seer's BFF

true, but i thought i would add an input on the probability that my guess would be correct, i.e and educated guess.

because bgt applies a bonus to the trophies you get, so it would be the amount of trophies dropped X bgt

so a 85 mob with a lvl 85 will drop the same proportinate amount as the lvl 90 against a lvl 90 mob, as for higher than that im not sure how it would work due to teh higher colours.

i did think of not commenting, but then that would have got you no further than if i waited for glitch, at least by commenting it could bring something up that you may or may not have thought about.

in other words, just trying to help.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Ermighurdz
Rat Slayer

then its fail - as bigger mobs take longer to kill - i cant imagine 5 lvls making it much easier to kill say ridge mobs - and you'll get significantly reduced number of trophies.

im sure the big fella has a plan for this >.<

Old 05-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
so a 85 mob with a lvl 85 will drop the same proportinate amount as the lvl 90 against a lvl 90 mob, as for higher than that im not sure how it would work due to teh higher colours.
The way the skill is worded, a level 90 killing a level 90 would yield far greater benefit to EXTRA trophies than a level 85 killing a level 85, based solely on the level of the mob. The skill as written does not say anything about the difference in levels between what is being killed and what is doing the killing.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
chloe
Seer's BFF

that might be how its worded, but in reality im pretty sure the application of bonus trophies is done by multipling the normal trophies dropped by a bgt bonus, so even if the bonus is higher, you will get less normal trophies.

overall you may gain a slight more trophies but i doubt it will be an amazing amount

Old 05-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
that MIGHT be how its worded, but in reality im PRETTY SURE the application of bonus trophies is done by multipling the normal trophies dropped by a bgt bonus, so even if the bonus is higher, you will get less normal trophies.

overall you MAY gain a slight more trophies but i doubt it will be an amazing amount
The words I highlighted are the reason I told you that I wasn't asking you. They indicate speculation. Speculation means you don't know. Now there are 6 replies to this thread and not a bit of help has been provided.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
Glitchless
Administrator

BGT and MC give a bonus to the amount of trophies and gold you get based solely on the creature's level, not your own. However, being a higher level and fighting the same level creature as before gives you lesser rewards. So whereas the bonus from the skills won't change based on your level it will be applied to a lower starting amount provided you are still fighting the same level creatures as before - which you shouldn't be.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #10
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

Thank you

Old 05-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #11
Refraxx
Boss Hunter

I too was wondering about this. Thanx for the clarification, Glitchless.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #12
Vhazar
Boss Hunter

I'm also wandering about other thing. Does lvl 85 and lvl 90 players will get same amount of trophies from 95 mob since it is black to both them or lvl 85 will get more since bigger lvl difference? I'm referring to starting amount of trophies to which BGT is applied.