Old 04-01-2012, 03:56 AM   #141
NemesisKnight
Gem Pouch Expert

Not going for the win but trying to make it easier for someone else to win...

In Nascar, they call it drafting. I never liked it, but sometimes you DO have to say that certain strategies are verboten. I think that's the issue here. What is 'ethical' in competition, compared to what is permissible by the established 'rules'.

Whether you like it or not, you have to acknowledge that the 'rewards' for arena competition have been steadily increasing while a codified set of ethics nor a governing regulatory body has been established to ensure 'fair play'. We have drafting in Nascar, point-shaving in basketball, and steroids in our baseball because the 'risk' was worth the 'reward'.

And as painful as it is to admit, Daer does have a point. There is a culture of exploitation that has existed in Nodiatis for some time now. People have been arguing what is 'ethical' and what is 'permissible' for years. Account-sharing, transferring of toons to players who did not create them, baby-sitting...the list goes on. Ethics is subjective, rules are collaborative. At some point, you HAVE to establish in a codified form what those rules are, what the punishments will be, and that there is a governing body that is monitoring as many instances as is feasible.

Just my two cents, and we all know what two cents will get you these days.
Play on.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:50 AM   #142
-Ryiah-
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to -Ryiah-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkxixi View Post

Also, Ry, This is not regarding you, nor me, but stop trying to defend your new master when he knows and has admitted to helping rig matches. I am just trying to voice community's opinion on this with the other players. This is not tolerated, as Gltichless said. Is not my problem if it was not pointed out in the past, but it is now. Hopefully, this will not continue next season.

Forgive me if i am wrong but please show me any post where i have actively defended anyone in this thread concerning matchfixing? Unless im reading my own posts wrong, im almost certain i havent defended any match fixing/wintrading lol :P

Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #143
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64 View Post
This has nothing to do with a personal vendetta, it has to do with the entire top 20 playerbase cheating and being a bunch of hypocrites by turning against the number 1 player, simply because he's better at it and you don't want him to be the number 1 cheater.
Careful who you accuse of what Daer. Top 20 includes my team.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #144
Master
Boss Hunter

I'm waiting for glitchless to respond to all of this... I'm guessing it will be a 1 to 5 word reply

Old 04-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #145
Mimi
Temporarily Suspended

In any contest there written rules of that competition, even before that competition to begin.
A law is only when certain events happen in order to prevent randomness of bad things in the future.
A law is right and complete just as this law remains valid and does not always punished than those who were wrong.
In this instance there is no written rule for draw arena or for deliberately lost his battle.
You can take a decision on certain issues arising by taking a vote of all participants.
I played many net games. Many of them were sitting-account option. This account is like sitting-share account. The difference is that you can take the resources of account that I do sitting, so you can't exploit in their own interest.
This does not prevent the player to donate another account those resources, and the other person does donate resources zo ppl who sitting. Ways to avoid any regulation will always occur. Whatever the law sitting is there. The fact that it can be avoided is something else as long as there is a law.
Now ...
From the standpoint of those who do draw to maintain their positions, this is good.
From the standpoint of those who accept to lose for others, this is good.
From the point of view of those who do not draw, this is prohibited.
From the standpoint of those who do not accept to lose for others, giving up the fight in favor of others is prohibited.
To prevent these things must be write a rule for contest, so far is not written anywhere. If that rule is written somewhere put a link here.

Without that rule there may be two types of corrective actions:
1 - voting participants
2 - not take any decision

How I see the actions of those participants in question?
Unworthy. Lack of fair play.

I want to do something?
Yes.

What?
To require a writing rule for avoid such problems.

Can I do anything besides tell me about your views?
No.

It's fair to ask those who played unfairly punished?
No, because there are no written rules.

All you started from the premise that this scene takes place in a fair-play, although there were no rules for incorrect things not allowed.
The only fools, from this arena, are only those who did not use unfair actions for victory.

Honor for those who played honestly and are on top.

Last edited by Mimi; 04-01-2012 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: correcture

Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #146
Glitchless
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
I'm waiting for glitchless to respond to all of this... I'm guessing it will be a 1 to 5 word reply
No, it will be six words.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #147
Dillthetank
Neophyte

First off, I never intended this post to be full of such drama and bs. My intention was to bring to light something that a lot of people already knew was happening that I personally think is wrong. I did not not honestly think that anything would be done about it but I thank all of you who share my sentiments, both on this post and through pm's, and also glitchless for his response. The fact that none of the members of the two teams in question have denied what they were doing just proves my point. If they want to share accounts or leave the queue thats fine as both have proved to be effective strategies for many teams. My only point is that there should be no collusion as it is not fair to everyone. I would have loved to have faced Bucifal's team 10 times in a row at the end of the season, but I knew that it wasn't a reality since their team has never stayed on after losing. Every team that has beaten them knows this. When I saw Bucifals chat in SYNOD asking if they wanted them in the queue I just lost it. On any given day we would gain 20-30 rating, 40 on a very good day because most good teams do leave once they know a better team is on in order to avoid losing additional rating, so when you see a team jump up more than 100 points at this stage you know something is wrong. When I saw Bucifal's post it just proved what I already knew was happening. I have never seen Manga or any of the other top 20 teams doing this as one poster mentioned as they have been one of the few teams that do stay on regardless of who is in the queue. In reality, Bengrims team is very strong and probably could have made it to the top spot regardless, however, the way that they did it was low. Fact is, glitchless is aware of the situation now and thats all that I intended.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #148
Master
Boss Hunter

Lmfao! I <3 glitch!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #149
Arach1
Crab Defiler

wow

Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #150
Arkxixi
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ryiah- View Post
Forgive me if i am wrong but please show me any post where i have actively defended anyone in this thread concerning matchfixing? Unless im reading my own posts wrong, im almost certain i havent defended any match fixing/wintrading lol :P
We both know the reason you jumped in this thread and only quote me with replies. Don't be foolish.

Last edited by Arkxixi; 04-01-2012 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: .

Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #151
-Ryiah-
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to -Ryiah-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkxixi View Post
We both know the reason you jumped in this thread and only quote me with replies. Don't be foolish.

Oh by all means arkxixi, please share why you think i am in this thread i would like to know cause i sure am confused

Old 04-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #152
Arkxixi
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ryiah- View Post
Oh by all means arkxixi, please share why you think i am in this thread i would like to know cause i sure am confused
I rest my case.