Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Nodiatis Flaws: resttime, non ATM player, an beginner
Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Private
Neophyte

Default Nodiatis Flaws: resttime, non ATM player, an beginner

*better implimentation of nonrestedtime, nonpaying members, and beginning play*

This game is awsome, but 6 coins per chest isn't going to cut it for the beginner. Killing rats at the dock to save up for 100 coins an get a fishing bow isn't cool. An most of us know this.

list of suggestions:

-increase chest pay to 100 coins an more for below suggestions
-more ways of income for beginner
-allow one trade per day from beginner an non ATM player after reaching certain lvl

not only is the pay ratio bad, but also the time gap in play. a player has only a few hours over a couple of weeks an months. this game isn't exacly.. this kind of restriction is just bs. especially on the beginning player. impossible in non atm.

list of suggestions:

-and 1/6 of exp an money in non rested time isn't a gap, its untrainable. 4/6 or 5/6 is a gap and its trainable
-alittle wider rested time so that a player may make improvements to lvl 35 within a month
-also let the player decide when restedtime is in affect. if im in castille, an i need to train for exp an money in fernsgrove an i only have an hour of battle time. wtf? its gonna take me my whole rested time just to go where its useful

An this is really important: What a non ATM player can get or do on nonrestedtime is important.

list of suggestions:

-ways of high income for non paid members and no rested time
-ways of high experience for non paid members and no rested time
-other ways for more income+exp in nonrested time/non paid
-change to 3-4 hrs rested time for non paid players, an full 24 hr for paid

having a paid accound is easier in some ways, but nonpaid is nearly impossible or ridiculously impractical in how fun it could be. a player should be able to play this game in a legitimate time frame an in a legitimate way without atm. it should be possible, an it should be fun. the ratios that are there are just stupid ridiculous. much more players would play, if there is a better implimentation of nonrestedtime, nonpaying members, and beginning play

Last edited by Private; 02-18-2012 at 03:48 AM..

Old 01-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Enduir
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private View Post
but nonpaid is nearly impossible or ridiculously impractical
I know! It's almost as if they want you to buy upgrades!

*stares*

Seriously though, I like some of these ideas and appreciate the thought you've put into this post, but at the end of the day this is how Nod works:

The more gold people get in game, the more the TC sellers will charge, and the harder low level players will have to work.

If you want to get ahead in this game without farming around the clock, you need either of the following:
  • Stacks of TCs to sell
  • Flux capacitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
You won't be warned again.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

LTB Flux Capacitor and a DeLorean, 500k apiece or 1 million total, pm me.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Froth
Gem Pouch Expert

yes 10 hours of nub game time would be cool but for the nature of this game.
One would realize that if we gave them this much they would want it every day
and you are just haveing a new N in the civil channel trying to take in the Breaht
of this game in a day. One hour worked for us and it weeds the crap out faster.
some do make it thru ^-^ . Nod is a small capp game and if we had 1000's of
players we could never read chat. and 5 dollars fixes this.
Skyrim cost ?$ before you open Box and then its yours.
and /c is not the most civil to all of the new N's in game they ask the same ?'s every day maybe they just need a Post area to read to start the game after say 4 hours of game time.
If they are nerd raging on the first day so be it.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx View Post
so you are saying a tardis wont work?
Well there's only one TARDIS left and I doubt the Doctor would be willing to loan it to you so you could get ahead.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

The Master shows up in the new series actually, and is defeated after attempting to break the time lock sealing the time lords within the time war. It's really quite interesting because it's like season 4, and you find out there have been little hints that he's alive from the very beginning in episode 1 of season 1.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:11 AM   #7
Wernyhora
Neophyte

Send a message via Skype™ to Wernyhora

I think that If you are low level player you will find making t1 resources quite profittable. You can sell t1 oil for 300 gold coins sometimes. Capped players usually do not make them, they buy them.

You can always find someone who will pay you for those even If you are N. They pay and you tell them in which shop will you sell.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

When unpaid toons sell any item to a shop it's destroyed, not added to the store's inventory.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
IceCrystal
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64 View Post
The Master shows up in the new series actually, and is defeated after attempting to break the time lock sealing the time lords within the time war. It's really quite interesting because it's like season 4, and you find out there have been little hints that he's alive from the very beginning in episode 1 of season 1.

*Watches every episode of Doctor Who*

I love that show!

Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
Vayne Kross
Neophyte

I do believe a lot of this would be solved if Glitchless paired up with say, GoCash and allowed those prepaid cards to be used. Not only are there various all-purpose cards around, but there's also a number of people who trust them over, say, paypal. Myself included.

There's no reason to alter the mechanics for lower-leveled characters, because PAYING players will reap triple benefits from those same improvements, and that would be imbalanced!

Old 02-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
TemariChan
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private View Post
*better implimentation of nonrestedtime, nonpaying members, and beginning play*

This game is awsome, but 6 coins per chest isn't going to cut it for the beginner. Killing rats at the dock to save up for 100 coins an get a fishing bow isn't cool. An most of us know this.

list of suggestions:

-increase chest pay to 100 coins (more so for below suggestions)
-more ways of income for beginner
-allow one trade per day from beginner an non ATM player after reaching certain lvl

And the intial pay an improvement time for experience is really low. a starter player has 1 hr first day to improve his character. an only 7 for a week. this kind of regulation might be necessary at lvl 15 an higher, but you're limitiing the time ratio for the resources beginning players have at their exposal. a starting player will want to spend 3-4 hours or more on a new cool game to get him where he wants to be. we've all spend more on pokemon. it isn't rested time. its alive time. and you're expending the time over far to big an area. im not gonna wait a week until i can finally lvl my character up to 15 or higher. i have my skyrim to get too. come on

list of suggestions:

-1/6 of exp an money in non rested time isn't a gap, its untrainable. 4/6 or 5/6 is a gap and its trainable
-for nonrested time allow one of money or exp. to be normal. let the player decide. *example: so you would get normal money ratios or exp. found in rested time and allow it to extend over nonrested time (this could also help for non ATM player can get or do on nonrestedtime)
-also let the player decide when restedtime is in affect. if im in castille, an i need to train for exp an money in fernsgrove an i only have an hour of battle time. wtf? its gonna take me my whole rested time just to go where its useful

An this is really important: What a non ATM player can get or do on nonrestedtime is important.

list of suggestions:

-ways of high income for non paid members and no rested time
-ways of high experience for non paid members and no rested time
-other ways for more income+exp in nonrested time/non paid
-change to 3-4 hrs rested time for non paid players, an full 24 hr for paid

having a paid accound is easier in some ways, but nonpaid is nearly impossible or ridiculously impractical in how fun it could be. listen this game has a very good system of working, but there are huge pocket holes. much more players would play, if there is a better implimentation of nonrestedtime, nonpaying members, and beginning play
well first off, the gold you get from chest is 100% random, even at lvl 85, i get some pretty crappy crap gold from the chests, even i still gets gold thats around 100 from lvl 86/87 mobs, hell, iv had as low as aroound 200 gold from the lvl 88 boss! you would think from a boss your for sure to get tons of gold, but you dont, even with that patch you have a chance to get 4x as much gold, its still 100% random, from the lvl 88 boss iv had any number of gold in range from 200 gold to 32k(and some change) gold.

and as for the time, yes it starts out very little, but with going to standard account you get one more hour and with premium account you get two more hours and not only that but with some learning skills you can level up and get even more time to play with that wont go away. i currently have those skills high enough i have gained an hour and 20 minutes + of time that i will always get on my characters, so now even as if i was to go N with them, i would get 2+ hours, stand i would get 3+ hours and premium I get 4+ hours everyday, and trust me, there DOES get a point to where you get so much time its to much and you just cant get rid of it. i currently have 34 hours out of 37 hours of RRT (rollover rested time) on my main and just about the same on my alt.

and as for payments, i have only bought a couple TCs a few years ago for a friend, everything i have is through sheer hard work and time, i havent ever bought a TC for myself to use

Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #12
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Oh Temari, you finally got an appropriate signature! >.<

Also, I agree that it take too long to get a bow for beginners, but don'e agree with anything else.

In my opinion, the lower level bows need to be slightly lessened in price, otherwise you end up with Archers using Iron Gaff until they save up the large amount of money to buy a bow, whereas any other weapon class can buy a decent weapon for 10-15g.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.